Werewolf Hybrid concept

View File

Updates: Added a "high-impact" texture set using a new methodology (see current main screenshot). Since this is a matter of taste, I'm leaving this as a retex instead of a replacement.

Basically, it looks more like fur and less like skin.

--------

Originally from Poontank, from http://www.loverslab.com/topic/1278-oblivion-comix-and-pix/page-26?do=findComment&comment=277304

Mesh mods, skinning, textures by me.

Craft under "leather".

V1.1 - "Oops, I accidentally the normals" - fixed speculars.

Awesome! It's finally out (feels strange commenting in the Skyrim section by the way, a 'fish-out-of-water' situation)!

Anyways, I must emphasize I didn't make this mod but found it on some obscure site I don't even remember. Had it lying around in my mod collection folder for some time until I decided to use it for a nice hybrid character to complement my full werewolf girl. I'm speaking of Oblivion, naturally.

The appeal of a hybrid character is obvious and just like the Dhampir/Dunpeal/Daywalker concept for vampires - such a being can profit from the monstrous form's strengths without the (sometimes rather crippling) weaknesses. In the case of a half-werewolf girl it means retaining human intelligence as well as feminine beauty but still gaining the reflexes, agility and inhuman strength of the werewolf. Possibly such a hybrid is even more nimble and agile thanks to the more slender built, at the cost of endurance (which can easily be compensated with an enchanted amulet).

One can even use weapons as a hybrid and thus isn't necessarily limited to claws and fangs alone.

I find you did a wonderful job with this conversion and retexture, so I have downloaded the file even though I rarely load up Skyrim these days.

Next time I do I will certainly install your mod. Thank you very much for this!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

There must be others who, like me, never heard of this mod and don't quite understand what it's supposed to do (the link you provided doesn't go to the original mod, it goes to the Oblivion Comix and Pix thread).

You say it's craftable... is it just a set of armor, or is it a body replacer for a werewolf character? Why are there two downloads, rather than just packing the .esp, .bsa, etcetera in with the textures, then setting up a proper folder structure so people can install it with a mod manager?

Edit: I really need to check dates and watch out for people doing thread necro *facepalm*.

• 2 months later...