Devious Devices - Stuck Item Cannot Remove

I'm posting this new thread as the ones I wanted to reply to are archived... this covers several threads that had the problem but no solution. This solution is not found anywhere on Google or this forum.

ISSUE:

I have seen several "I can't remove" threads for Devious Devices and have found a solution. This also works for the "blocked by wearing" issue, ie. clothing item blocking removal when already actually removed.

Make sure you can't remove it because of a bug, not just a quest item. No cheating out! Google around for quests related to removal!

In my case it said I had a rubber suit on when I did not and could not remove an item. Reattaching the item caused this issue again.

WARNING:

I don't know how this will affect quest items, this could break your quests! Google around first and make sure it's not a quest! I am not responsible for broken saves!

CAUSE:

Objects locked on to you have a "lock" object that they look for to determine if you can remove it or not.

RESOLUTION:

1. Dump all your items into a box that you can. (This will make finding the objects much saner.)

2. Save your game (full save) and quick save. This way you have rollback points.

3. Open your console.

4. player.showinventory  - Locate objects with an ID but no name and worn, these are your locks.

5. player.removeitem ######## 1 - Where # is the ID of the unnamed object. (usually it's next to the locked item)

6. Attempt to remove your item. If it just removes like a normal skyrim item you deleted it's lock.

7. Revert to a previous save and only remove the locks causing the issue.

8. Throw that item away, delete it, whatever don't put it back. If you need use the same command you used to remove the lock.

I add to that:

If device only shows on actor but not in inventory: use additemmenu to grab the same device and equip it (might need multiple clicks) and then remove it again with a key or DDe

DDe is also great to check for equipped devices on any actor and remove them.

If NPC have multiple inventories or devices don't show up I had success with "Dress Up Lovers" to spot and remove devices.

Alternative to interact with NPC inventories is Inte's SUM (after finding out how it works tho)

I wonder tho, why you have so many not removable devices on your actor.

What mod adds those device on your setup?

This was a glitched item it thought I was wearing a chastity bra when I literally had no items attached except the piercings and I couldn't remove them. The bra was removed but the lock object was still worn, this only happened to me once. I had to combine several answers across the web into one, and didn't want to just do a complete inventory clear, was concerned about undroppable quest items etc. and debug options were not working. This way you can deal with the individual problem instead of a brute-force method.

The one repeating issue I do have to watch out for is POP occasionally leaves items on me after being in prison, the only way to remove these seem to be through being in prison. Most of the POP items are deleted but it seems the script fails to delete them all on occasion, leaving a very dangerous item that cannot be removed if attached in my inventory. So far I haven't had any of these attached (that I wasn't purposefully testing) but I could run into problems here.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a similar issue I had nipple clamps on pc.

they were floating in front of her boobs.

i thought it might be to do with mme breast expansion.

anyway used tool to remove item.

yet still shows floating in front but not in inventory.

driving me nuts.

ims sure it started after I installed slso but I uninstalled that too.

advice please.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/26/2020 at 12:45 AM, Talven81 said:

I'm posting this new thread as the ones I wanted to reply to are archived... this covers several threads that had the problem but no solution. This solution is not found anywhere on Google or this forum.

ISSUE:

I have seen several "I can't remove" threads for Devious Devices and have found a solution. This also works for the "blocked by wearing" issue, ie. clothing item blocking removal when already actually removed.

Make sure you can't remove it because of a bug, not just a quest item. No cheating out! Google around for quests related to removal!

In my case it said I had a rubber suit on when I did not and could not remove an item. Reattaching the item caused this issue again.

WARNING:

I don't know how this will affect quest items, this could break your quests! Google around first and make sure it's not a quest! I am not responsible for broken saves!

CAUSE:

Objects locked on to you have a "lock" object that they look for to determine if you can remove it or not.

RESOLUTION:

1. Dump all your items into a box that you can. (This will make finding the objects much saner.)

2. Save your game (full save) and quick save. This way you have rollback points.

3. Open your console.

4. player.showinventory  - Locate objects with an ID but no name and worn, these are your locks.

5. player.removeitem ######## 1 - Where # is the ID of the unnamed object. (usually it's next to the locked item)

6. Attempt to remove your item. If it just removes like a normal skyrim item you deleted it's lock.

7. Revert to a previous save and only remove the locks causing the issue.

8. Throw that item away, delete it, whatever don't put it back. If you need use the same command you used to remove the lock.

Thank you! I've been looking everywhere for a solution to this problem. Yours is the only one that worked.