One thing that disappointed me about FO4 was the lack of centaurs that had been present in prior Fallout games. Someone has made a Centaur mod based on the FO4 concept art, but I personally prefer the more "human-looking" centaurs of FO3 as slightly more unnerving enemies to fight.

I spitballed this idea in the Rad Morphing Redux thread (which lets you morph looksmenu body sliders based on rad levels), but I'd like to elaborate on it in its own thread and see if anyone knows if such a mod would be possible. 

Basically the idea is that after a certain rad level (or special chem use or location) you would transform into a centaur, and regular gameplay would be disabled until you find something, or some location to heal yourself.  Maybe it could be tied into a Children of Atom questline in the glowing sea or far harbor.

This could be done where you get captured or ambushed by the CoA and they dunk you in a vat of FEV. Then after a loading screen, you crawl out in your new centaur form (maybe recycling the scripted first person and animations from the cryo-pod in Vault 111), and are forced to crawl around the wasteland while everyone except CoA becomes hostile towards you until you heal yourself.

From there, you will be in centaur mode, forced to crawl around and use an "acid spit" or plasma attack (or maybe some kind of "other" fluids ;) ). I know that in the vanilla game the closest equivalent to centaurs in terms of attacks and animations is the Mirelurk Hunter, so would it be possible to temporarily force the player to use the Mirelurk Hunter skeleton/animation? In terms of meshes they'll probably have to be made from scratch, or maybe the Mirelurk hunter could be re-skinned to look like centaurs (and if possible maybe your the face could remain somewhat intact).

Obviously this is an ambitious idea, but I'm more just curious if such a thing is possible (similar to how Player Succubus Quest and Estrus Chaurus work in Skyrim). There's also the living power armor concept thread, which is more or less the look i have in mind, but this would take it even further and force you to play as a centaur. 

• 1 year later...