Sims always having sex in the same locations / objects. How to change that ?

Dear WickedWhims users and modders !

I hope I'm posting in the right forum ?

Here's my question : I've created a few months ago a very nice sex club, filled with the many objects that my various installed mods have to offer. But I've noticed something that bothers me. My Sims and NPC Sims keep having sex mainly in the same locations, more precisely, with the objects already present in the game (beds, sofas, chairs, toilets, showers mostly), and very rarely or never use the objects of the mods (like the BDSM stuff, blackboard, dildos, etc.).

I have understood that this is due to the fact that there are many more animations linked to these locations, rather than animations for custom objects.

But is there a way to change that ? I've noticed in the settings an option for the game to remember the locations I like (I guess it activates when I use a particular object) and use them more often, which has always been activated, but it doesn't seem to be that much efficient). Also, as there is an option to deactivate particular sex locations by SHIFT + Right Clicking, I think it would be interesting to get an option to "favorite" a sex location with the main WickedWhims mod, so that it would be used more often.

Thanks for your help !

57 minutes ago, MiloCorvinus said:

My Sims and NPC Sims keep having sex mainly in the same locations,

If I understand correctly, Sims always have sex in the same way and place? Are there much more cute and creative sex mods and are they quickly ignored? .

It also happens to me and, it is somewhat annoying, but, I think the fault lies with the poor AI of the Sims in the gem. We can always manage ourselves: we change bad animations, we can choose the place and / or object to use (specifically gym equipment). This also happens with other games where our talented modders have focused on sex (ES: Skyrim).

I think (personal opinion) that despite everything, the characters of the games, they find themselves having to do things for which they are not programmed, but, with the mods they are forced to do and this thing makes them completely unable to handle certain situations . On the other hand, their poor intelligence is easily seen: people who should be at work or at school can find it everywhere, except where they should be . Of this I could continue indefinitely. We hope that one day some of our good modders and / or Electronic Arts will be able to create an artificial intelligence that leads the Sims to a behavior that can be considered normal.

Thanks for you reply Lestat, however it doesn't help me that much ^^

One thing I have tried for the moment is to prevent orgies by deactivating the "join" possibility, Sims can only be one or two to have sex, so they use more places in the sex club, but still, the problem remains as they will continue to use mainly beds, chairs, sofas, etc.

(By the way, is there a setting to limit or reduce the chance that Sims join ongoing sex ? I have found nothing except what I was talking about above).

11 hours ago, MiloCorvinus said:

but still, the problem remains as they will continue to use mainly beds, chairs, sofas, etc.

In your club only you can shift click on all objects you don't want sims using to disable sex for each one.

This only effects the club and all other lots will remain untouched.

Crappy workaround I know.

If you have the latest WW version you can make certain animations as favorites so you can pick the ones you want for your club.

Other locations/lots won't be affected due to missing objects used in club, I mean stripper poles for example.

Still can use manual mode if you want certain sims to use another object, disabled sex objects are only for autonomous sex triggers.

Most orgies I think will start if one sim is masturbating and others will join, I have solo sex disabled in my game but can still trigger it manually if needed.

I don't have any orgies in my game now, but, I have disabled all the autonomous animations for 3, 4, and 5 sims to limit them to 2 sims only.

Although I can still ask others to join in orgies with manual mode as none of those animations have been disabled.

Another stupid workaround but at least I don't have to disable the 'join sex' switch.

Plus you can also leave 'solo sex' switch enabled because only one sim will join in.

On my home lot I had to disable floor, toilets, and showers, because that's where they always went over and over.

Sims have never selected auto sex for massage tables, hot tubs, coffee tables, or kitchen tables.

It's now only beds, chairs, counters, and rarely they will use the bathtub.  

• 11 months later...

@MiloCorvinus At nearly 1 year later from your op, the answer Scorpio gave is still a remote option when all else fails.  I use "Wicked" to direct where to play. One may need to do this over a long course of time to establish the different locations for autonomy to accept.  About the time you are sick of directing the moves for your Sims, they tend to adopt new primary choices by default. I am offering this bit of experience for anyone coming here  to resolve the same issue you faced.  One last bit of experience is to install more than one animation author sets available to all Sims in your MODs folder. You may wish to have at least three or more different ww_animation authors to help incite a "playable" choice for the Sim AI. 

"Join In" is always okay to use in my scenario but do not expect it to happen often autonomously.  Yet on the other hand, it could get used very often almost exclusively in the same club atmosphere.  It all depends on how closely a scenario matches, like sex in toilet stall, always invokes join in but sex on an ottoman in plain view rarely does. It really does depend on how each game play configures itself.  You can change it with constant redirects or just remove the option entirely until a new one is learned. 

The hilarious part of directing Sims is that the better educated a Sim becomes (University Graduate), the better skill equipped it has (Maxed Skills), and the more positive traits it may possess (Trait Store),  the more independently stupid a Sim becomes, like directed to answer the door to invite in, and they go masturbate instead or decide to finish reading a book. Makes no sense. 

7 hours ago, Sam_Diamond said:

the more independently stupid a Sim becomes, like directed to answer the door to invite in, and they go masturbate instead or decide to finish reading a book. Makes no sense. 

This is why I disable solo sex so sims can go about other tasks and you can still use manual mode to make them do solo when YOU want.

WW Settings/Sex Settings/Autonomy Settings/Autonomy Triggers: Solo Sex OFF

I also use SCAM or MCCC to scan autonomy of sims that do annoying things so I can find them and disable.

You could also just remove their books and bookshelves to stop that distraction.

But I know what you mean, the Sims AI isn't very smart but they are just being given random triggers(push) to do certain things more often and some are helped along by traits and moods by making them a higher priority or 'fun' rating of certain objects, hobbies, skills, etc.

Sometimes you have to direct the sim to 'invite in' guests more than once.

Just normal EA bugs when sims ignore user commands.