Small armor question for someone smart

Aki K

I have an armor that uses HDT heels on the foot part.  It raises the height a bit too much for my taste (especially during sex animations).  Now I know sexlab has an option to detect height but if you have a lot of spell mods installed it can result in a long pause before the animation begins.  So what I want to do is very simple.  I want to use Tes5edit to remove the height effect from the heels (even if it means the heels go into the ground a bit.)

I only have one item I want to do this for.  I just don't know how.  Advise would be appreciated.  If you think it is too complex/ not worth the effort.  Kindly tell me anyway, so I can learn something even if I don't do it.

You don't really need HDT high heels anymore because it's been superseded by NiOverride heels.

The mod page also comes with an easy to follow guide on how to manually remove all HDT master file requirements from the mods and how to manually change the heels of each mod to use NiOverride. They are the steps I use often and I've basically made it a habit of converting all HDT high heel mods in my game to use the new system.

My cocnern isn't so much converting them as it is making a single specific object have no heels at all.  Can you assist with that?  Basically I want to turn one set of heels "vanilla".

EDIT: Although the information you provided is helpful and I will use it in the future.

12 hours ago, Aki K said:

My cocnern isn't so much converting them as it is making a single specific object have no heels at all.  Can you assist with that?  Basically I want to turn one set of heels "vanilla".

EDIT: Although the information you provided is helpful and I will use it in the future.

If all you want is to remove the high heel effects completely, then you only need to follow the first video to remove the spell effects and master requirements.

The second video only showcases what you have to do to bring the high heel effects back into the game using NiOverride (by editing the nifs), so you can safely ignore that 2nd guide if you so wish.

With that being said the character will be at default height as if they arent wearing heels anymore, but you must be aware that the heel mesh is still the same so the toes will dig into the ground.

p.s. I've also re-read your post again, and if you want to remove the actual heel shape from the mesh itself, then you might need to use some 3d editing tools like Blender or 3DS max. Those are beyond my knowledge though. I've been wanting to learn how to make custom armor mods in Skyrim, but realized it's not worth the effort because it's dependent on old/obsolete 3D software which makes it a very niche skill.

12 hours ago, Derpakiin said:

If all you want is to remove the high heel effects completely, then you only need to follow the first video to remove the spell effects and master requirements.

The second video only showcases what you have to do to bring the high heel effects back into the game using NiOverride (by editing the nifs), so you can safely ignore that 2nd guide if you so wish.

With that being said the character will be at default height as if they arent wearing heels anymore, but you must be aware that the heel mesh is still the same so the toes will dig into the ground.

p.s. I've also re-read your post again, and if you want to remove the actual heel shape from the mesh itself, then you might need to use some 3d editing tools like Blender or 3DS max. Those are beyond my knowledge though. I've been wanting to learn how to make custom armor mods in Skyrim, but realized it's not worth the effort because it's dependent on old/obsolete 3D software which makes it a very niche skill.

No the heel shape is fine and I don't mind digging it into the ground.  Now this next question is more curiosity than necessity,

Would it be possible to work with a duplicate of the item in TesEdit rather than the original item.  So if the object is called "cool heels" could I make a "Cool heels 2" and have both in the game?

I have no talent for creation kit so I try to do as much through TesEdit as possible.

11 hours ago, Aki K said:

No the heel shape is fine and I don't mind digging it into the ground.  Now this next question is more curiosity than necessity,

Would it be possible to work with a duplicate of the item in TesEdit rather than the original item.  So if the object is called "cool heels" could I make a "Cool heels 2" and have both in the game?

I have no talent for creation kit so I try to do as much through TesEdit as possible.

Technically you *can*. All you have to do is to open up the ESP and look at the armor and armor addon entires. TesEdit doesn't let you copy entire entries but you can add a new blank armor entry and copy the individual values from the armor type you want to duplicate.

13 hours ago, Derpakiin said:

Technically you *can*. All you have to do is to open up the ESP and look at the armor and armor addon entires. TesEdit doesn't let you copy entire entries but you can add a new blank armor entry and copy the individual values from the armor type you want to duplicate.

Cool.  I'll probably be doing that then when I have the time.  Thank you for all of your help.

Archived