Adds a nude body, English translations and fixes some of the bad changes to the kurin.

The mod comes in two versions. both include an English patch and nude textures, but there is an important difference

First i must explain something about Kurin 1.1. Kurin get a mood modifier based on the ratio of kurin to other race within your colony. this means that if you have very few kurin and many humans, they will receive a -8 or -4 mood depending on how large the difference is and vice versa. In theory it's an interesting idea, but in practice it discourages recruiting anyone other than kurin. Not the end of the world since you can just recruit kurin prisoners right? WRONG, if you become hostile with the AI kurin faction, all of your kurin will recieve a -20 Mood. Hence why i've created 2 versions

Normal
-removes the Traitor malus and reduces the effects of an unbalanced colony by half

Friendly Fire Mode

-removes the Traitor malus and completely removes the effects of an unbalanced colony

*you'll still see the moodlet for them but they can be ignored

If you're looking for my Humanoid Alien Race version then you can find it here:

image.png.9c779a3c33dc351b09e91da9b34ef113.png

*Load after Kurin, Nine Tailed Fox and it's dependencies, This is a Patch and i am working on a standalone mod that doesn't use Garam.Race.Addon*

Current Version:Lewd KurinV1.9.7z

SFW Version:Fixed KurinV1.9.7z

Friendly fire mode:Lewd KurinV1.9 FF.7z

SFW Version:Fixed KurinV1.9 FF.7z

Base Textures:Kurin Naked Textures.7z

*(NOT REQUIRED) only includes the base textures old and new.

If you use RJW then I highly recommend you get RJW race support. without it, your kurin will sometimes spawn with male genitals only. 

*If you have futanari enabled, Kurin will spawn with two vaginas instead. Also, Kurin are more likely to have flat breasts.*

Changelog:

v1: release

v1.2: Two Modifications to the south body

*Thanks to devacore and arkar1234

v1.3: made the mod into a proper patch

*Thanks to devacore

v1.4: Added new east texture made by devacore

v1.5: improved south and east textures and switched to 7zip just cause

v1.6: Added some translation, removed traitor malus and reduced companionship needs.

*v1.6FF: removes companionship needs altogether

V1.7FF: added new north texture and fixed the trailing whitespace error.

v1.8: removed the apparel translations as they were causing issues,

updated description

v1.9: Added full English translation and gave it a name change since the mod has become more than just a retexture.

*special thanks to Arpalys for the Background translation.

To Do

-additional improvements to english backgrounds

First off, the mod author didn't like people stealing his stuff, so locked it up behind dll. Even the other modder who supposed to maintain the mod while author's gone doesn't know how to unpack it, so he can't even fix trivial texture problem right now.

About the underwear, 1 year ago when he released Kurin initially, he really disliked the idea of people using RJW with Kurin and even made red warning sign on the error log. There was whole argument about that on Korean community. So after that I guess he made built-in censorship for Kurin.

Also there is no full nudity version other than Steam workshop.

the way that the mod uses bodies is annoying since the underwear textures actually include a body with them. It's impossible for me to get the original textures. So in order to reach the same quality I'd have to recreate the textures manually and I was barely able to get the body to align properly even with trial and error. I'm not an artist, nor am I a coder, but I won't give up until the kurin are properly Lewd.

(unless one of the developers ask me to)

3 hours ago, devacore said:

I played around with the south imagine you have. I'm no artist but I'm curious if they align right. I'll probably try getting the game running later when the mods are all updated to the new version. 

Kurin_Body_A_south.7z 169.81 kB · 2 downloads

Here you go, i fixed up the borders, color corrected the skintone, and blured it abit to match the original style.

Kurin_Body_A_south.rar

Looks good! I got an idea though. if you overlay the old textures on a screenshot of a kurin in panties then you should be able to squeeze it into shape. They don't need to look identical, but if they align better then we won't have to deal with clipping
on a side note, i might have to move the textures up a bit since the east image neck seems a bit too low.

Camera+ with a super low minimum allows you to see super close

19 minutes ago, MaroonToon said:

Looks good! I got an idea though. if you overlay the old textures on a screenshot of a kurin in panties then you should be able to squeeze it into shape. They don't need to look identical, but if they align better then we won't have to deal with clipping
on a side note, i might have to move the textures up a bit since the east image neck seems a bit too low.

Camera+ with a super low minimum allows you to see super close

Does someone have the panties png to align/draw body? Is it all encrypted now?

Just now, devacore said:

Does someone have the panties png to align/draw body? Is it all encrypted now?

it's all encrypted. i tried for maybe 5 hours to get a hold of it, but dalrae has hidden them behind .files that can only be accessed by the code in the .dll
if someone who knows more about code wants the unpacked dll i can provide it

36 minutes ago, devacore said:

Made the side position. I think it lines up ok. I fixed the align of the front. Attempted to fix the colorization. Nothing perfect but  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Textures.7z 379.86 kB · 1 download

image.png.de713cfc33b7c3493c1f1ce714a198e8.pngimage.png.17da12ea602b0353985f6ad752302f94.png

It looks significantly better. I think the crotch needs to be better aligned for both the south and east positions though. This is good progress!

the body on the north and south positions also need to be slimmed on the edges, but the north position is less important.

I also think that the back leg needs to be shortened as it sticks out a bit too far.

Thank you so much for your help!

I should have included a pic without the socks. on a closer look at the texture, it seems like it just needs to be filled in with a black border. see how the border is much thicker and connects the legs?image.png.73b2b4a78ed8ae00e00e99880a32d512.png

also I'll reiterate that the groin is lower on the old textures so that might explain some of the discrepancies

10 minutes ago, devacore said:

Yea the front was pretty off. Now it's just mostly off. Side view is just painful to attempt to imagine how things line up. I could reduce the back leg... if it's better let me know

Bodies.7z 201.16 kB · 0 downloads

I think if you try to match the black outlining then it will better distinguish the body better. because of how you've had to morph it to fit, most of the outline has probably shrunk.

what program are you using to edit? if it has a layering/transparent feature then you could just layer a screenshot over the textures and it would be similar to having the png

just had the idea to try some of the other clothes and the garterbelt actually gives a decent base for where the crotch should beimage.png.2bcd7925d1eb28b454c8eb250ed8d35a.png

we aren't super far off. if only we could get the original textures or maybe get help from gloomylynx.

something strange about the body is that it's labeled as Kurin_Body_A. implying that there could be a B version, but in my probing I got nothing. it's also irritating because the item version doesn't have a body attached which would make this 1000x easier since we don't have to match textures

ACTUALLY check this outimage.png.462bf93fab92daee2671f3907a5ba92f.png

this is not our modified body texture under those clothes. something fishy is going on and with how lewd most of these outfits are leads me to believe that our efforts might be in vain. what if when dalrae finishes the mod they release the nsfw version similar to the dragonian. we must find this elusive body_B

I'm more a thinker than a doer so i'm going to use this comment to list off my ideas and thoughts

body B has to be the nude version or it's less conservative. we may not be able to look at the files directly, but we can poke around with the bodies.xml and the appearancedefs.xml

i've already tried changing the A's to B's in the bodies def and the appearance defs. this doesn't work, but Body_B is referenced in appearancedef.

bodytype B might have been removed to prevent people from doing this very thing. if that's the case then we'll just have to continue our work.

another solution is to find where the pngs for the clothing is held. because of the modders patch we can see where the shirt goes. this is a good start and with it we might be able to find them. they will only work with the front facing version of the body unless there is a version B for the clothes as well, but based on the image above, that seems unlikely.  Turns out Body B is reserved for the Male version of a creature in Garam Race Addon.

maybe we can try and pull the textures out. force the mod to copy them into a folder. i know very little about code so this might not be possible

Interestingly enough the open back knit doesn't have a prebuilt texture. i wonder how it acts without the patch the open

The open back knit has a texture but only on the "back" of the sweater so if your pawn is naked then the underwear shows at the bottom and then disappears when you get to the back.

Next on my list of to do is to make garam races work with rjw. this is impossible for me to do alone since i only know how to edit code, not create it.

I have two theories about what happened with the naked body

1. gloomy provided dalrae with a nude version of the body that matched the clothing, but dalrae wanted nothing to do with it and requested that it be modified to be sfw

2. gloomy provided dalrae with a nude version and a clean version as well as modified clothes so that they could post it clean on steam and dirty here.

in the code i found a bit that adds mood modifiers based on the kurin to other race ratio of your colony. it applies a malus of -8 if you don't have enough kurin and a bonus of +8 if you have "very many Kurin"

that's fine until you find this:

<label>Hostile to Kurin Faction</label>
            <description>I'm a traitor...</description>
            <baseMoodEffect>-20</baseMoodEffect>

yeah... -20 just for being hostile with another faction is a bit extreme. i haven't decided what to do about it or if i should do anything at all.

But in the case that you don't like this, go to defs and open Thoughts_situation_kurin and go to the bottom. change it to whatever you like, but i don't recommend outright deleting it since it could cause unknown errors

18 minutes ago, Arpalys said:

I can help you with translating backstories if it is Korean to English.

yeah it's Korean to english. I've been using google translate and then rationalizing the result, but some of them come out as utter nonsense.

I'm always happy to have extra help