Relationship Cheat and Adding a Character

Two questions, both I am sure have simple answers.

I am trying the relationship cheat and it wont work for the life of me. Any ideas why? Is there a mod that makes this easier?

When you download a character (Amanda Gonzales for instance) how do you actually import them into the game? I've been looking at making a new household but she isn't there. Not sure what I am supposed to do.

19 hours ago, spikes00 said:

I am trying the relationship cheat

Which cheat? Step-by-step instructions could be helpful to understand the problem.

Put .tray files in the 'Tray' folder (no subfolder, it's a mess after adding 20 sims) and the package files in 'Mods'.

Review all files you put in Mods. Some sims contain script mods, outdated WW, outdated HQ. And often you get duplicate content.

On 2/24/2020 at 1:10 AM, spikes00 said:

Two questions, both I am sure have simple answers.

I am trying the relationship cheat and it wont work for the life of me. Any ideas why? Is there a mod that makes this easier?

When you download a character (Amanda Gonzales for instance) how do you actually import them into the game? I've been looking at making a new household but she isn't there. Not sure what I am supposed to do.

I am presuming that the cheat you're referring to is "modifyrelationship". For starters, this cheat requires that you have testingcheats on. Secondly, you have to make sure that your sims' names are spelled correctly.

If you have not yet switched to MC Command Center, try the following steps:

1. Open the cheat window with SHIFT + CTRL + C and type testingcheats true and hit enter. The cheat window should confirm that testing cheats are activated.

2. Type modifyrelationship john smith jane doe 100 ltr_romance_main and hit enter. This should set a romantic relationship to 100% and fill up the bar completely.

Make sure that

a) the names are correct and correctly spelled and not connected by underscores,

b) the value you want the relationship to be immediately follows the names,

c) you don't forget the underscores in the LTR-part of the code.

All three are mistakes I've made in the past.

If you want to increase friendship, replace the last bit of code with ltr_friendship_main and use ltr_simtopet_friendship_main to influence the relationship between your sim and a pet.

To decrease the relationship between two sims, set the figure at a negative value, i.e. -100. Also note that if a relationship is already at negative value, let's say -50, you will actually have to go up double the value, i.e. +100, to get a +50 relationship. It took me an embarassingly long time to figure that one out...

If the things laid out above are exactly what you did, I don't know what went wrong. The mistakes I mentioned tend to be the reason why stuff doesn't work for me when I modify relations and I am not aware of any other error sources. :/ I hope this is helpful though.

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, wild_die said:

I am presuming that the cheat you're referring to is "modifyrelationship". For starters, this cheat requires that you have testingcheats on. Secondly, you have to make sure that your sims' names are spelled correctly.

UI cheats extension is much simpler.

Right click anyone in relationships pane.
Enter values.

312171249_ScreenShot2020-03-29at10_09_59AM.png.0b1855d9efe989d6477c5991bd3d280b.png

No testingcheats enabled required.