Help with change face of recorder

tremyz

Hello i love the follower recorder but i wish transfer the harley queen face on her. I try npc visual transfer tool and it say can't convert cordial into.... i try ck and when i try to preview recorder it only a red triange and missign the face gen. I try made a preset and use another caracter and it not work. Please help me obiwan . 

25 minutes ago, tremyz said:

Hello i love the follower recorder but i wish transfer the harley queen face on her. I try npc visual transfer tool and it say can't convert cordial into.... i try ck and when i try to preview recorder it only a red triange and missign the face gen. I try made a preset and use another caracter and it not work. Please help me obiwan . 

CK doesn't have any fancy face stuff so custom followers like Recorder have their faces applied after the CK stuff is done. 

What is the Harley mod do you have a link?

This is completely illegal to do (you cannot publish a mod with the face from someone else's creation).

For personal use, you can use Nifmerge, source facegen on the left, target facegen on the right and 'Merge' it is usually as simple as that.

The body weights need to be exactly the same else you will get a seam/gap. You can also use the 'setnpcweight' command in-game to fix this (disable and enable the NPC after this change).

On 2/22/2020 at 3:04 PM, tremyz said:

i use recorder customizer for the cbbe body

okay here is what you do

1. You must have both mods installed  (Be sure to get the Loose file versions NOT the BSA versions)

Harley Quinn Mod

Recorder Mod

2. The Harley mod ESP needs to be above the Recorder mods ESP in your load order

3. If you use NMM Harley needs to be installed first. If you use MO, MO2, or Vortex The harley mod needs to be above the Recorder mod on the left side as well as the right side.

4. Replace the file "Recorder - Standalone Fully Voiced Follower\meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom\recorder follower base.esp\00000d70.nif"

With this

00000d70.nif

5. Replace the file "Recorder - Standalone Fully Voiced Follower\textures\actors\character\facegendata\facetint\recorder follower base.esp\00000d70.dds"

With this

00000d70.dds

6. Replace the Recorder ESP with this one

Recorder Follower Base.esp

Recorder will be in the Sleeping Giant Inn like she is supposed to be. 

Harley will still be in Falkreath in her original form. The Harley mod will now be a master of recorder so you can't remove the Harley mod as this will cause an error. 

Spoiler

1510966714_Fawn-SleepingGiantInn2020-02-2301_31_08.thumb.jpg.eceaf0296e33941404392d8247455239.jpg211542289_Fawn-SleepingGiantInn2020-02-2301_31_43.thumb.jpg.a733cc95b711f4785e46564330c73e5a.jpg

16 hours ago, Pauduan said:

This is completely illegal to do (you cannot publish a mod with the face from someone else's creation).

Not illegal both original mods are still required, this is just a customization. ?  

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/23/2020 at 11:53 AM, Corsayr said:

Not illegal both original mods are still required, this is just a customization. ?  

This way is completely legal.

What would have not been, was if you publish a mod using Harley face and any other set of assets.

You could make such a mod for personal use, that's also legal. Distribution is the issue.

On 2/23/2020 at 3:08 PM, Pauduan said:

The Harley mod itself is on dangerous ground, as it clearly intends to trade off properties that belong to the actress, the movie company, DC comics, etc.

The mod that uses it to alter Recorder, without containing any of that tainted work, not so much.

Now what would be super-illegal is to sample lines from the movie and add them as audio dialog.

Which would be kind of fun. If you just did it for yourself, nobody would ever know, but it would probably still breach the DMCA, because the DMCA contradicts numerous well established rights that had been relied on for many years before a few big media companies influenced the government dramatically in their favor.

Archived