Invoking and Tweaking Animations

@symon

That "but there are quite a few different 'max compat' versions floating around and they aren't all the same" rang an alarm bell.

It looks like I was wrong about using Coronerra's MCS, I definitely had been at one point, but at some stage I switched to another (Deedes I think) MCS, aargh! They're all called skeleton.nif (or skeletonbeast.nif) in the end and it's damnable easy to get confused.

I've been working on lower body stuff using an MCS with vaginalips which I've now traced back to a download MaximumCompabilitySkeleton_with_Bodylift-33324. Deedes I think.

This ain't the same as Skeletons-27945, which I think is Coronerra's. Coronerra's doesn't appear to have the vaginalips bones, it has pussy bones.

Now I don't know how compatible MaximumCompabilitySkeleton_with_Bodylift-33324 is generally. I've seen things happening in the breast area that ain't pretty which look fine if I'm using Coronerra's which unfortunately doesn't have the bones I want.

But all may be saved I've also got a "SkeletonForLoversMotion" in my box of bones which I think is an improved Deedes skeleton (it is 84k not 76k). I can trace this to an ups17007.zz download. Do you know it?

This has vaginalips. I think it is about to become my skeleton of choice, (i.e. for another day or so until something else breaks) - Right bone names for the work I've already done, and no "to infinity and beyond" in the breast region.

Now to edit those posts where I confidently thought that MCS meant Coronerra....:blush:

I dunno, just when you think you can stop banging your head on the wall.....

I know what you mean. I've been caught out by an obvious skeleton.nif incompatibility at least once. Happily, I know exactly what one is when I see one and quickly substituted a new skeleton.

I don't have MaximumCompabilitySkeleton_with_Bodylift-33324 (getting it now).

I'm currently using one from CursedArmour (78k or 79k IIRC - machine is off) but have several others, including one that is 85k or there abouts. I'll check tommorrow. The CA one has three pussy bones, and the required six OP1/2/3/L/R bones for BBB (oppai=tits I understand) but no penis bones. That said, I've been weighting penises to pussies, it doesn't really matter. Does the trick for male animations for now. Also keeps the bone count down. Clicking on the right bones can be tricky when there are so many.

We ought to list all the bones in these skeletons. Most these days have wings and tails so with a quick rename should work for skeletonbeast.nif.

Goodness knows why there are so many ponytail and whip bones?)

...CONT

Here is the 97_DefMotionx1.kf with new added fingering, for people to play with. As the relevant data blocks for vaginalips are already there, there is no need for the copying and pasting of blocks that I was going to demonstrate here. That'll have to wait. This is just a question of playing with possibly the clavicle.l, and definitely upperarm.l lowerarm.l hand.l, the fingers and the vaginalips.

I tend to start any motion from the furthest bone/biggest player first.

So first I work out what the Upper arm needs to do, key it all in and then step through it and trying to keep to the same frames, move the lower arm where I think it should be, then the hand and then do detail work with the fingers and vagina lips which should by this time be in a relatively stable relationship.

and here is a taste of what it looks like in my game crudely giffed from a few frames. If anyone's got advice on capturing gameplay I'd welcome it.

post-15081-13597871113364_thumb.gif

Now to tackle the other three sections.

TBC...

Yeah, there are all sorts of different skeleton.nifs.

All seem to be based on Coronerra's MCS. With wings, numerous tails, and OP for breasts.

It's the extra bones and what they are called where they differ:-

Different naming conventions and numbers of Vagina bones.

Some have penis bones.

Some have buttock bones.

Some have nodes that I assume are for scaling as parents of other bones. (e.g the penis)

(sigh)

One of the reasons why an automated installer (I'm looking at OMODS here) should NEVER be trusted to get it right.

...CONT

Here is the completed Bunny blowjob animation (97 in my ani2 folder as that was an empty slot).

and here are the skeleton and lower body that I used.

Body and Skeleton.7z

The skeleton is the "for lovers motion" version. It's got penis bones (which I don't use here), vaginalips and buttocks. Unlike Growlf's Universal, if you nod the neck1 bone a little you get something like a swallowing action which I use in defx0, whereas with Growlf's the whole head nods when you twitch that bone.

And this is the ini. file. In the ini is a field "xymov" which dictates how close together the actors are when the animation starts. For me it's largely trial and error to get the right figure but I set xLoversPkrQuest.xymov to 85 for this one, which works in game for me without having to adjust much with the 123490 keys.

There is still a little tweaking in the z axis as the models in blender rarely seem to match up with the models in game however hard you try, and I've just spent some relatively happy hours trying to fine tune the .kfs with limited success.

I've set the priorities of the vagina bones to 99 here, as that seems fairly standard.

defx2 is defx1 at twice speed in the best traditions of the existing animations. This is achieved very simply by setting frequency to 2 in the NiControllerSequence.

One thing that I have noticed, (which perhaps somebody can advise me on), is that if I run an animation that doesn't have vagina or buttocks in it before running one that does then the v or b are sometimes "deactivated".

As I tend to call my animations directly this isn't really an issue, but if going through the lovers pk menus with the z key it is likely to be. I think I'd better explain in a bit more detail how I call LoversPK animations on demand, as POST #3 might not have been that clear.

On a slightly related note, if anyone is doing what I do and using sections from another animation while working through their own, (in order to play the section they're working on in game before they've got all four sections mapped out), don't panic if tex and meshes act weirdly on a "second time through". Chances are the dummy animation didn't use some of the bones that you are using and when you've got a proper matching 4 section animation the weirdness will vanish.

So, enjoy playing with these, fixing them up to your own tastes, and I hope this encourages people not to be shy of posting their own variations and creations.

TBC...

• 2 weeks later...

I've spent a little time doing an animation that allows a PC to return Bunny's oral favours.

post-15081-13597871242409_thumb.jpg

These are the off and def animations. They are based on No.29, but very much adapted. They designed for the rabbit scaled model. You just have to put them in a slot that is convenient for yourself and change the number accordingly.

ditto for the ini file

I think the method for "sticking the tongue out" is quite useful. What you do is put the following into the anim script

1/Enum: Face th 100 0.1 1.8 0.1/Enum: Face n 25 0.1 1.8 0.1/Enum: Face i 100 0.1 1.8 0.1/Enum: Face eh 100 0.1 1.8 0.1/Enum: Face fear 50 0.1 1.8 0.1/Enum: Face bmp 100 0.1 1.8 0.1/Enum: Face aah 50 0.1 1.8 0.1/Enum: Face w 75 0.1 1.8 0.1

all on one line. (Or you could create extradata blocks in NifSkope if you prefer).

These are the lower body and skeleton that I use to get the dilation and penetration effects.

I haven't abandoned this thread, but at the moment I am trying to organise my stuff into a mod "The Ravenhorst Ritual" which is a consulting detective style adventure, the first hopefully of many which will feature Bunny as the PC's loyal(ish) sidekick. I will post the progress in another thread. An ongoing feature will be the attempts of the PC to get into Bunny's knickers.

Any techniques that I think are relevant and interesting I'll post here, and try to balance info against spoilers.

• 4 weeks later...

@Fish69

Aaargh! I've bin Skyrimmed...someone pull me out for pity's sake!

It's just so very difficult to put down until I've been everywhere, seen everything and done most of it. Plus, when not playing I've been trying to understand the animation and .nif system 'cause I'm itching to mod some stuff there.

However, I am getting slightly battle fatigued and starting to miss my Bunny, so will probably be doing more work on "animations for the shorter figure" this weekend.

Bunnycidal Maniacs!

post-15081-13597871447359_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

All those blasted bears in Skyrim gave me an idea......

post-15081-13597872045116_thumb.jpg

post-15081-13597872041959_thumb.jpg

Low quality gif

post-15081-13597872042557_thumb.gif

post-15081-13597872045509_thumb.jpg

This contains a rework of the 202_DefMotionx0..3.kfs (bear sex) to give a better fit for the shorter model (i.e. not just for rabbits)...

By the way, I seem to have knacked Oblivion's visibility of Bunny's ear texture (not with this anim!). If anyone knows what I shouldn't have pressed, please let me know.

• 1 month later...

@kevanlol

To use the spreadable vagina/anus technique you need to do the following.

1) The "def" body mesh has to have vertex groups that cover the relevant bits. I have done this for HGEC_L and TGND_Standard as posted here and in the Spreadable Vagina thread over in other adult. (#13 above shows you how you could do it)

2) The skeleton used must have bones that match these vertex groups, like the one provided in this thread.

3) Someone has to edit the .kf so that the bones are spread in the right frames. This may need to be different for different textures to give the best results.

I have done this for my versions of 6, 29, 109, 202 and joanamast1bground but note that I have rewritten these animations to work with a smaller model. The default versions are aimed at partners of equal height and I didn't want that. So, if you want to use them out of the box they will only work well with the smaller scaled races. Also, I wrote them for a Rabbit textured vagina, and although not too different, it would be better to tailor your versions to the textures that you use.

The technique will work with any animation you like provided conditions 1 & 2 are met. So all the animations would support the technique I think. It's just a question of going in and editing the .kf in the relevant frames. Step through, and widen/rotate the bones in penetration frames, stay wide while connected and tighten up after withdrawl, with a slow delay.

If you import the off animation and hide all but the penis then you can get quite a good picture of what it'll look like, and eliminate most if not all of the clipping. (Btw. The PK Bear has a very odd member - almost double barrelled - but I did that one as a bit of a joke, I might go back and edit things).

If I could get morphing animation working (still no joy Symon) things would be a heck of a lot simpler as there is only so much stretching and bending that is feasible using bones. But then again maybe that's more "realistic".

@Kevanlol

I don't see why not. I haven't tried it but I can see how it would work.

I think that there are three default meshes used for erect penises - angled up, horizontal and angled down.

If you took each of these meshes and created a vertex group for the penis, and had a skeleton with penis bone(s) with the same name, then you could change the angle/size to fit the animation as you wanted.

@Symon, I'll look again and get back to you with a specific question. I got distracted into trying to do some FO3 animation.

I think that I was OK upto the point of binding the animation to mesh (i.e. for morphing you need to invoke both a .nif and a .kf) and realised that I would need some way of dynamically changing the mesh that the npc was using. I know it's a fairly standard procedure, but I haven't had to do it before and haven't worked it out yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Yay' date=' cooking with gas as they say (don't they?). Looks like zip files can go where .nifs etc. can't, so:

1. here is the tweaked femalelowerbody.nif (delete the RAB and put it in _male and it replaces whatever your default was so use with caution if you like big butts as a default) This nif has the vaginalips, and bumhole and buttocks vertices are grouped to be controlled by the buttocks bones.

**** PLEASE NOTE ****

If a mesh has actually got some vertices in a vertex group, then the skeleton it uses has to have a bone with that name.

E.g. if you use a mesh with "bip01 vaginalips.r" vertex group and there are vertices assigned to that group then there has to be a bone called "bip01 vaginalips.r" in the skeleton or you will get textures zooming off.

The default SkeletonBeast doesn't have these bones so Argonians and Khajiits would suffer distortion, and other skeletons that just have a "pussy" bone would distort there too.

2. here is the tweaked footfemale.dds (replace the vanilla rabbit texture with this one (remembering to backup) in rabbit/female).

3. here are the tweaked 109 animations for Def (Bunny)

4. here are the tweaked 109 animations for Off (PC)

just backup the originals and put these in ani2. If your character's skeleton has the vaginalips and buttocks bones and vertices in your mesh are grouped to them (i.e. like in the mesh here) then they will run those bones.

If you're not using the mesh here I don't think it breaks anything, I think it just ignores the extra instructions, and everything else moves as it did before, but the butt stays rigid. I tested that by running the anim with an untweaked body, the anim ran fine but without a link to vertices those bits of the animation just didn't show.

IMPORTANT: It shouldn't make any difference but just in case you need it SkeletonRab.nif is attached to POST #24. Point your NPC at it to use.

[/quote']

Wow, Great work, seriously great stuff but an awful lot for a noob to wrap my head around. It's late and I should have gone to sleep hours ago but if I am understanding this thread and their ensuing zip files, these are all tweaked mods to allow animation for female orifices but the files here are all designed to work for a Rabbit toon?

I am very interested in trying to install whatever's needed to get my girl more expressive and functional lovezones but after reading too much I am fried.

Is there a quick step by step as to what files are needed to be installed in what particular order that could make this do-able for a complete virgin novice?

Thanks again for any guidance

Guest ThatOne

Files can work with a different race, all you have to do is create a different texture. labrat is working with a rabbit, so that's the textures he's using.

If you want to make this work, here's what you need to do:

1) First and foremost: get the skeleton labrat is using. This is pretty much the most crucial step.

2) Overwrite the original LPK animations with the ones labrat provided.

3) *OPTIONAL* you will probably want to do this step, but it's not required; get a texture that matches the texture labrat is using for the race YOU want. Without this, the animation might look... Odd.

Keep in mind I might've forgotten something; I haven't checked labrat's animations myself, but this is an "all-purpose" install guide.

for Ozulu

Files can work with a different race' date=' all you have to do is create a different texture. labrat is working with a rabbit, so that's the textures he's using.

If you want to make this work, here's what you need to do:

1) First and foremost: get the skeleton labrat is using. This is pretty much the most crucial step.

2) Overwrite the original LPK animations with the ones labrat provided.

3) *OPTIONAL* you will probably want to do this step, but it's not required; get a texture that matches the texture labrat is using for the race YOU want. Without this, the animation might look... Odd.

Keep in mind I might've forgotten something; I haven't checked labrat's animations myself, but this is an "all-purpose" install guide.

[/quote']

@Ozulu

That's about it I think. Though I'd add that you need a body mesh like the one here i.e. either already with vertex groups for vagina and bum or you'll have to create your own, (the rabbit is in the texture not the mesh). Bear in mind that the example animations provided here are geared to align a full size male with a smaller female so unless you have a smaller scale partner they may look odd. The method is really the thing, how to use bones to give pussies and buttholes a bit of animation.

I think it is pretty simple and want as many people as possible playing with making animations. The trickiest bit is probably matching your preferred texture up to the vertex groups you want for the vagina. It becomes seriously hairy if you want to use a mesh with one of the high poly "realistic" vaginas. I prefer a low poly mesh where the realism comes from the texture.

I open up a UV Map window in blender showing the mesh overlaying the texture that I am using. Then I open the texture file in paint.net. Usually, I tweak the dds in paint.net, save it, refresh in Blender and view the results. Then I carry on tweaking it like that until I'm happy that the right bits of texture will move with the vertex group.

I think it's a case by case matter as to whether you tweak the mesh in the UV map to fit the texture, or the texture in paint to fit the mesh. Personally I prefer to distort the UV mesh as little as possible.

I use HGEC_S body mesh here. I've added a link to the "open vagina" thread in post #1 where I provide other meshes (HGEC_L and TGND) and the Imperial texture.

As for putting the animations in your folder. Check what numbers you're using, there may be free slots? But remember that some slots are used by specific mods so if you start using that mod they will get overridden. There may be other things to watch out for, I think Nusbie has more information of e.g. animations borrowing from each other that you might have to watch out for if things go pear-shaped. Golden rule, back up anything you overwrite.

For Kyods

Here are the screens.