[REQUEST] / [IDEA] High Heeled Shoes affect sneaking

I had an idea after looking over the files of a High Heel Sound mod (which makes that only high heeled shoes have the clicking sound), and noticed, how loud were the sound files for sneaking. I was like "It's so damn loud, I get that it's realistic, but people would be able to hear it.", and then the idea came, that maybe there was a way for this to affect sneaking detection. I went looking around for mods, but came up empty handed, so now I'm just throwing it out; that if it's possible to make a mod like this, it would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know anything about modding, so it might be an impossible task, but I had a few ideas on how it may be possible. Firstly Skyrim has a build-in "Sound" part to its detection, but as far as I know it only affected by the type of armour (light/heavy), so that's not too good. Secondly somehow this mod only affects shoes that are actually high heeled, which means it's possible, but maybe only for sound and nothing that affects sneaking. Last, but not least, I personally use HDT HighHeels System, which uses a "magical effect" to raise the character, so maybe it could be tweaked in a way that makes it harder to sneak. Maybe one of these work, maybe none, I don't know, just trying to throw out ideas.
Anyway, if it's possible (and somebody would make something like this), I would be really happy.

Dryptosaurus

56 minutes ago, Dryptosaurus said:

Anyway, if it's possible ...

Definitely possible.  Would need a little work though.  Two basic ways this can work:

1) Create a quest that watches for use of the high-heeled sound files and then applies a sneak debuff when the player is using them.

2) If using HDT heels, add a spell effect (or modify the original) that only triggers when the high heel effect is active.

I've done this a while back and added staggering, decreased carry weight, increased fall damage, increased effectiveness of perks like Allure and speechcraft when in a situation where the heels might help, etc.  Also added a small perk set that alleviates the penalties.

(No, I can't presently share it.  Part of a merge with lots of other peoples' work in it.  I could see about pulling it out of the merge, but it isn't an "activate and it works" solution - the effect is applied as an enchantment and would need to be manually added to the shoes you wanted to use it on.  If someone made the quest/listen version in #1, it would likely function better and work for most people without effort.)

There's a lot you can do with this, and it is not that tough to create it.

Archived