MMM question

Bashis

so basicly im hoping to add the monster mod to my game, but i know for a fact im borderline on hitting my mod cap, and really dont want to remove anything, so i was wondering if anyone here knows if you can merge the many mmm plugins into a single (or 2-3) plugins and still have it work properly?

Some yes, some no. Some of the optional mods will merge into your bashed patch anyway. If you're using any of the 'No xxxx' mods, they need to remain separate or else they won't work. You also need to ensure that if you do merge some parts of MMM, you still have an .esp with the same name as the .esm, or the .bsa file won't load and you'll have no meshes/textures.

these are the mmm plugins i decided to use, before i try merging based on instinct does anyone know which of these plugins can be safely combined?

Mart's Monster Mod - Friendlier Factions MMM+Fran

Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting

Mart's Monster Mod - Additional Enemy NPC Vars

Mart's Monster Mod - Safer Roads

Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life No Gates

Mart's Monster Mod - Resized Races

Mart's Monster Mod - Durability & Damage

Mart's Monster Mod - Shivering Isles

Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Runeskulls Loot G&GD

Mart's Monster Mod - Slof Horses Complete

Mart's Monster Mod - More Passive Wildlife

Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse WaterLife

Mart's Monster Mod - Extra Wounding

Mart's Monster Mod - Knights

Mart's Monster Mod - Gems & Gem Dust

Mart's Monster Mod - Safer Quest Locations

Mart's Monster Mod - Farm Animals

Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures

Mart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM

alright, i merged them myself and figured i would pass on the knowledge since im sure im not the only one who didnt want to throw 20 plugins in my game for one mod.

out of all the plugins i listed, dont merge the monstermod.esp or the gems and gem dust.esp, those are masters to other files, but other than that i merged all the ones i listed and they all work just fine. but i will warn you if you have a mod like xeosp or loverscreatures sexual organs that edit almost all the wild/npcs, your going to have to choose one or the other to make the changes to the mobs, (either the new combat scripts and skins, OR the creature dicks.  again new combat scripts OR the visual modifications of npcs from xeosp because when making a merge patch it doesnt pick and choose parts of each since they all have entries for world models/combat styles already.) unless you spend about 2 hours in tes4edit clicking and dragging the individual edits you want for creatures and npc's. (which i ended up doing, might take forever but gets you the best of both worlds.)

I'm not sure if you have done this or even have this issue but my load order was cluttered with massive amounts of armor/clothing/weapon mods so I merged them all into a new ESP using TES4Gecko. That's a quick, reasonably safe way to clear up a lot of space if your load order is in a similar situation. Once you do that you can safely remove the ESP's used for the clothing mods. If you haven't, try to avoid adding ones that have scripts or quests attached to them, but ones that just add chests or to shops seem to be ok.

Archived