Simple No More Stupid Dog

A very simple mod that completely disables the "Stupid dog / Good dog" NPC scene.

In comparison to other mods that deal with this particular annoyance this one does not try to alter the scene or make it rarer or more immersive, it just gets rid of it completely. This will be of particular interest for those using mods that add more dogs to populated areas which may then result in this scene playing over and over.

Known Issues

• The scene may play once immediately after installing but should then be gone for good.
  • This mod will conflict with any other mod dealing with the same quest ("DialogueGenericSceneDog01").

• 4 years later...

Hi
I think there's something wrong with this file. I'm only beginning to learn the more technical aspects of modding, so I'm probably wrong somewhere. But it seems that this "ESL" file is behaving like an ESM or something.

When I look at the "plugins" section of MO2, there are plugins at the very top in bold, mostly .esm files, and some .esl
These plugins at the top cannot be lowered to a priority higher than 30 or so. Since most of these plugins are ESMs meant to be used as masters by other plugins, it makes sense.

The problem is, Simple No More Stupid Dog.esl behaves as one of those, and can't be lowered more than priority 30-something. I discovered this when I found that it was incompatible with Bring Meeko To Lod and that it was literally impossible to make it load after Bring Meeko to Lod.esp

I don't think that this is an expected behavior. I am but a toddler in the modding world, but I think it might be because the extension of the file was changed to ".esl", which you're not supposed to do. I am attaching a screenshot from this guide that I used to learn how to properly flag a plugin as ESL. I encountered a similar problem, when I was making my first patch ever with SSEEdit, and naively chose the <new file>.esl option. The file behaved the way I described above. It seems that it's not because the file is named ".esl" that it actually behaves like you would expect an ESL plugin.

I hope this post helps. Maybe you can try to look at it and fix it, Sailing Rebel, if you have the time. Cheers

image.png.2bd04e9b2d199a50226141247126c927.png