A retexture of JackGa's Valkyrie Profile armor

darkdill

JackGa recently released a port of a Valkyrie Profile armor from Oblivion, and while I love the armor's look, the textures definitely show their age.

Here's a link to it: http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/23302731.html

What I'd like is if someone could give the armor a retexture. Maybe make the blue darker, make the gold parts shinier, etc. And it definitely needs to be higher resolution. Something like what was done for the Eisen Platte Royal Retexture mod.

Hopefully JackGa would be okay with this. I can't ask for this on Nexus forums because JackGa was banned from there. :(

Hope it's not a problem asking here too.

darkdill, on 28 Jan 2013 - 18:21, said:
JackGa recently released a port of a Valkyrie Profile armor from Oblivion, and while I love the armor's look, the textures definitely show their age.

What I'd like is if someone could give the armor a retexture. Maybe make the blue darker, make the gold parts shinier, etc. And it definitely needs to be higher resolution. Something like what was done for the Eisen Platte Royal Retexture mod.

Hopefully JackGa would be okay with this. I can't ask for this on Nexus forums because JackGa was banned from there.

You could do that yourself quite easily with gimp with .dds plugin and nifskope load the file in nifskope click render go down to settings and follow the folders till it renders from wherever you have the files at like if you have it in your skyrim folder go to it throw the render tab and then select data folder it should render.

Once rendered throw the texture file you need into gimp use the lasso tool to trace the a spot that you want changed connect both ends then use colorize to change the color or use the brightness option to darken the blue more select the overwrite .dds file option under file click nifskope to see if it changed if it did look and see if you like it if not use the undo option to go back overwrite again to return it to the way it was.

If nothing happens to the outfit when looking at it in nifskope right click the outfit go down to node and select add property then select add NiAlphaProperty outfit should now change make sure if you have to do anything to the nif file that you use the save as option to overwrite it and most outfits have 2 nif files for each item like outfit1_0.nif and outfit1_1.nif so what you do to one you will have to do the same to the other one as well otherwise it will not show up in game ones with gnd like outfit_gnd.nif you don't need to do anything with unless you wanted to change how it looks in your inventory/forge as it just pretains to the inventory picture and how it looks like when you mouse over a item.

Hopefully JackGa would be okay with this. I can't ask for this on Nexus forums because JackGa was banned from there. :(

You could do that yourself quite easily with gimp with .dds plugin and nifskope load the file in nifskope click render go down to settings and follow the folders till it renders from wherever you have the files at like if you have it in your skyrim folder go to it throw the render tab and then select data folder it should render.

Once rendered throw the texture file you need into gimp use the lasso tool to trace the a spot that you want changed connect both ends then use colorize to change the color or use the brightness option to darken the blue more select the overwrite .dds file option under file click nifskope to see if it changed if it did look and see if you like it if not use the undo option to go back overwrite again to return it to the way it was.

If nothing happens to the outfit when looking at it in nifskope right click the outfit go down to node and select add property then select add NiAlphaProperty outfit should now change make sure if you have to do anything to the nif file that you use the save as option to overwrite it and most outfits have 2 nif files for each item like outfit1_0.nif and outfit1_1.nif so what you do to one you will have to do the same to the other one as well otherwise it will not show up in game ones with gnd like outfit_gnd.nif you don't need to do anything with unless you wanted to change how it looks in your inventory/forge as it just pretains to the inventory picture and how it looks like when you mouse over a item.

Thing is, I don't know ANYTHING about how to do that. :(

That, and I'd be pretty hopeless at texture work.

Archived