Adding AAF tags to furniture?

Evilhomer

So I was wondering if there was a way to add tags or keywords to furniture ingame?.  Theres a bunch of settlement mods out there that add beds and chairs etc and the vast majority are all adding the same ones, sure they may have changed the colour or something but its mostly the same dozen or so models(beds at least)?.  The prewar double bed is a good example, the one in homemaker works with savagecabbages animations(maybe others?) but there are tons of other versions out that dont,  its all the same bed but because the id doesnt match the information in an xml it wont work.

Could something like crazys multi tool could be used?.  You build your bed from whatever mod,  zap it with the gun and it gives you the option "apply keyword/tag double bed" or whatever and then any animation with that keyword can play on that bed.   I guess if it was that easy someone would have done it by now.....just a thought i had.

Something like that could be made. But, it would be kind of an odd user-flow. I don't think people would want to shoot furniture every time before using them.

There are already furniture groups that have the same effect as tags (cutting down on how much config is needed). So, making an XML to cover new furniture should be pretty simple.

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Something like that could be made. But, it would be kind of an odd user-flow. I don't think people would want to shoot furniture every time before using them.

There are already furniture groups that have the same effect as tags (cutting down on how much config is needed). So, making an XML to cover new furniture should be pretty simple.

Oh yeah having to do it everytime wouldn't be great.  I was thinking more along the lines of the gun adding it to an xml or some kind of list that could be saved.

Archived