How to remove Woohoo.InteractionTooltip:Blocked?

GentaNx

Good day or evening, internet individual! 

So the thing is, everytime I want my sims to woohoo in, let's say, a kitchen counter with a sink on top of it or a desk with the smallest piece of decoration on it, the woohoo interaction just goes gray and tells me this. (Woohoo.InteractionTooltip:Blocked) Is there any way to remove this in-game or via package editing?(I think wickedwhims just doesn't care wether the object has accessories in it or not) It doesn't matter if causes clipping issues on obviously decorated objects, I just want to be able to woohoo on my goddarn kitchen sink! Any kind of help will be appreciated; thanks a lot and have a good day.

I've been speculating about this 'blocked' message as well.

I don't believe it has anything to do with anything actually being on the surface. In fact I've been careful to not place items on an area I know KW will use for this very reason. It's not very 'romantic' to have a table lamp sticking through the middle of an animation.....

I recently downloaded a custom world - small island with several clubs and about 13 homes - no facilities besides a grocer. I noticed a lot of places were 'blocked'. The lounger on the 2nd story outside porch is what first introduced me to the 'blocked' error message. Afterwards I found many places in this world were 'blocked' for no apparent reason. So it must be a code thing... Sims can't path there, something is blocking a sim from being able to start the animation, could be a number of things.

I've sold and repurchased items in the past when bugs like that arose, yet I feel there's more to this 'blocked' thing which feels more like a setting, than a bug.

You mention a sink in a counter, and I've never even had the option to use one for sex - no option. If I take the sink from the counter, an option appears again. It's this selective tag (hidden) on an object used for animations which I believe may be causing this blocked error. Even an ownership type tag which stops us from using something not owned by our household could be included.

I think that in order for the interaction to take place, the surface needs to be clear and able to be routed in front of and on top of for a sim. So no chairs in front of desks or decorations, no cabinets above the counter, no sink, etc. That's just what I've found from my experience

There used to be some kind of routing error stopping sims from using the bondage frame unless one could path behind it. I just used 'MoveObjects on' to place it away from a wall and stick a few columns at each end so it looked natural.

Later on MaryJane added something to the frame/game so this was no longer an issue, but I wonder if it possibly affected the way my game approaches animation activation. I say this because my Sims will use any scripted location regardless of lamps, chairs, overhead cabinets, etc.

I've made sure to 'aim' tables away from chairs if possible, so the animations don't collide with existing furniture/item placement. Places like windows still need to be clear as well as bed entrances and most things, but yeah, my game is definitely running a bit differently from what I see above.

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I know, the "blocked" is usually a sim routing issue, such as directing a sim to woohoo in front of a window with a dresser in front of it. Most objects, including windows, have an arrow when placing them (why sims will leave an apartment in Bridgeport, take the elevator down, walk around the building, magically appear on the 20th floor outside and start going at it). If the "front" of the object is where they can't get to, you may get the "blocked" thing. Some animations don't care and will work through walls.

Oh... also, it may be a stuck object. If you have Nraas Master Controller, do debug reset object, just in case.

Archived