Making equippable injuries

If I were to make meshes of wounds that sat on top of my character's skin, how hard would it be make a mod that equips them when she/he reaches a certain health threshold or is attacked (raped?) by certain creatures (if that's your thing), and makes them last a certain amount of time? Would it require scripting? I don't have the first clue how to write scripts, lol.

Why would I want to do this, when they wouldn't work with un-bodyslided armor? If they are meshes instead of a texture overlay, they can use their own normal maps to look gouged, and their own specular maps/gloss settings to look wet without interfering with my body mesh's gloss and specular map.

So I could have a sweaty specular without it being virtually invisible due to high gloss settings to make the wounds look realistic, as well as they could have depth without my body mesh having to use a normal map that would look hideous on regular skin. I could even use them with Wet Function without them looking like tattoos with sweat dripping on top of them.

• 9 months later...

Just noticed this, because I was looking for exactly what you're describing. 

Probably, yes, it would require some light scripting. It would be a relatively easy thing to work into a personal copy of, say, defeat though. If you're still working on this and/or have a set of nifs, PM me and I might be able to give you some pointers. (disclaimer: integrating it into any existing mod may require you to define new script properties, which doesn't work well unless the mod can be uninstalled/reinstalled).