IGNORED

La Bamba Club - I need help with Blender and Wicked Whims!

Hi,

I am an animator making animations for wicked whims you can see my work here:

I need help making animations work in sequence, I have not been able to work it out!

Also I would appreciate some tips for blender to make animating quicker and less tedious.

If you know me from when I first appeared then you might have noticed that I went silent for a while. I was struggling with blender as I have no prior experience using it. I ended up wasting a lot of time making animations that ended up not working in game so I had to scrap them, I gave up for a bit but I have come back and I will have an update ready for next week.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

- LB x

• LaBambaClub changed the title to La Bamba Club - I need help with Blender and Wicked Whims!

Not sure I can tell you how to make animation quicker without knowing your workflow. It can be tedious at times! If you share a little more detail about what you're struggling with, maybe it'll be easier for people to answer.

About your other problem, there are two lines you need to know about:

Spoiler

<T n="animation_stage_name">AnimationStage01</T>
      <T n="animation_next_stages">AnimationStage02</T>

They go in the xml of each animation you create, under the number of animation loops. Here's an example of one of my animations:

Spoiler

<T n="animation_raw_display_name">Loving Anal 01</T>
      <T n="animation_author">Simdulgence</T>
      <T n="animation_locations">DOUBLE_BED</T>
      <T n="animation_category">HANDJOB</T>
      <T n="animation_loops">3</T>
      <T n="animation_stage_name">SimdulgenceBedDoubleLovingAnal01</T>
      <T n="animation_next_stages">SimdulgenceBedDoubleLovingAnal02</T>
      <T n="animation_allowed_for_random">1</T>

Replace the animation stage names with your own names. You can call them whatever you want, just something unique from your other animations/other creators animations (I use my name, location, animation name and stage number); something like "Oral1" is a bad idea because it's generic and could cause issues if someone else uses that name.

For the last stage of a sequence, just use the "animation_stage_name" and delete the "animation_next_stages".

10 hours ago, simdulgence said:

Not sure I can tell you how to make animation quicker without knowing your workflow. It can be tedious at times! If you share a little more detail about what you're struggling with, maybe it'll be easier for people to answer.

Hide contents

They go in the xml of each animation you create, under the number of animation loops. Here's an example of one of my animations:

Hide contents

Replace the animation stage names with your own names. You can call them whatever you want, just something unique from your other animations/other creators animations (I use my name, location, animation name and stage number); something like "Oral1" is a bad idea because it's generic and could cause issues if someone else uses that name.

For the last stage of a sequence, just use the "animation_stage_name" and delete the "animation_next_stages".

Thanks a lot! This is really helpful :) 

18 hours ago, simdulgence said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Spoiler

<T>
      <T n="animation_raw_display_name">Floor Prone 1 MF</T>
      <T n="animation_author">La Bamba Club</T>
      <T n="animation_locations">FLOOR,BEACH_TOWEL</T>
      <T n="animation_custom_locations">123456789, 987654321</T>
      <T n="animation_category">VAGINAL</T>
      <T n="animation_length">30</T>

This is how my animations are set up at the moment so I add what you said after category? Also is animation length not needed? Thanks :) 

3 hours ago, simdulgence said:

@LaBambaClub I don't use an animation length tag; I set that in the clip/clip header. The animation loop sets how many times an animation plays before moving on to another animation; do you have that line after your animation length, or no? If you do, put the stage names after the loops. If not, just put it after the category.

Thank you, I have worked it out now and my sequences work! :)