Sims will freeze actions while attempting outfit changes, but time will not (KW, Other)

shadstar

So I've been using KW for years, almost since the mod began development. I've troubleshooted quite a lot regarding it, including going deep into the save file via a third party program to remove the kinky selfies being stored from the entire town causing lag. But never have I seen something this simple of a problem and yet this gamebreaking.

I haven't installed any new mods since this began, I just started a new save and when two sims were about to Woohoo they just stood around and wouldn't change outfits, yet the other sims within the household kept on going, as did the in-game clock, as did the rest of the world. Usually I use the trick where you briefly pause the game to let the processing catch up to the requested outfit change but that didn't seem to work. Closed the game and took a break for about a month to get back to WoW and Conan Exiles.

Came back to it and loaded an older, entirely different save. First thing I did was use the standard EA method of trying to change the sim's outfit from Everyday to Sleep. Sim stood around, other sims did not, time kept moving, pausing (multiple times) did not help. So it seems the problem is rooted deeper than the scope of KW and simply the game can't process an outfit change in general.

Things I know/have tried

- Pausing the game

- Disabling "Clean Up Outfits" and "Stuck Check Auto-Reset" on Nraas Overwatch

- Clearing the game's Cache Files and Kinky Error Logs (and man did I have a backup of those)

Some recommendations on older forum posts from mainstream websites like Carl's Guide, Mod the Sims, and the EA forums said to either clear the cache (which I did) or create a new Sim/save file. Since this is persisting throughout save files both old and new and I have KW with no plan to remove it any time soon, I felt the best place would be to post here and see what the community comes up with.

Any help is appreciated, ya'll the best

• 2 weeks later...

I did wind up fixing the issue so just going to post the solution here in case anyone else finds it.

Uninstalling KW by first using the interaction to do so in the in-game menu then deleting and replacing the mod files fixed the issue.

I didn't however realize that I had a patreon build and I've since unsubbed so it went to an older version. If you're using the underwear in the later versions and have gone back to the public release thus removing the CC, your sim's skin will turn solid white from the neck down when attempting to undress using kinky interactions. Just an extra tidbit for anyone who has that particular issue. 

On 10/28/2019 at 9:44 PM, shadstar said:

sim's skin will turn solid white from the neck

Thanks for returning with info on how you solved your problem... more people should do this if possible.

I have only used the public releases, but noticed some Sims I had both in the CAS bin and in the world library needed to be returned to CAS and remove/replace the underwear after installing a newer build as well. These Sims had the underwear texture replace the body skin texture.... rather odd.

Archived