Persistant buff fx

Xarius

How do I set it up in the CK so that there is a shader for the duration of the effect? Specifically, I'm editing a custom race for myself since it had just copied the BretonRace as a base including ability/power. Right now it plays the effect but it just wears off while the buff is still active.

That was the first thing I tried, problem might be that I'm trying to use fx that aren't meant to loop? I think just doing a small script to play fx for a duration would work, but I was hoping to find a CK option. I know shit about shaders so maybe I'll just try to add a vanilla magic effect that already has some fx for the duration and use it at 0 magnitude.

problem might be that I'm trying to use fx that aren't meant to loop?

This is probably your problem. There are a good amount of them that have a set duration, even with FX persist turned on. Try picking one like a healing one or any of them you recognize as a concentration type cast. Doesn't matter what one, your just doing it to test you set the MagicEffect up right. Then load up the game and see if the effect plays for the full duration of your MagicEffect. If it does then you set it up right and it is just that shader, if it does not, then something else is wrong.

Archived