Paralives - an indie sims game?

erplederp

Apparently, there's an indie sims-like game in development, called Paralives. ? It looks like this:

instagram1.jpg.08e66be89c66410ac2f63c338ade8920.jpg

I don't think there are any pics of how people look like in the game at this point, but I imagine it might be even more stylized than the sims. There are a few short videos available, showing the build mode and some of its interesting object customization options (in an article here). Mod support is among the planned features. Maybe it is time EA got some competition? ?

wasn't there an sims competition a few years ago that turned out to be an hoax?

Imho I don't think this going to end somewhere either because for an new life simulation game there isn't much life being shown in the videos, right now it looks more like an interior designer simulator.

also this sentence: "Concerning the future of Paralives, Massé is all about supporting the game after release with free updates rather than having players continue to spend money on DLC."  I could be nitpicking right now but isn't he using patreon, which could probably be seen as spending money on DLC, because patreon probably get early access .

Idk I think I stay sceptical until I see an fully developed ingame demo with all the "sims" interacting with each other .

15 hours ago, Buddy16 said:

I think I stay sceptical until I see an fully developed ingame demo with all the "sims" interacting with each other.

Probably the right approach. I wouldn't expect an indie to go exactly toe-to-toe with a big (although lazy) company like EA. Maybe their sims will turn out looking like this:

528661-TWOPOINT.jpg.ce52cc2de5b4e27eb58af2d56b70e03b.jpg

But something is better than nothing, I guess. ?

@Mariana Soprano Nice trailer! ??

On 10/4/2019 at 11:31 AM, erplederp said:

Apparently, there's an indie sims-like game in development, called Paralives. ? It looks like this:

instagram1.jpg.08e66be89c66410ac2f63c338ade8920.jpg

I don't think there are any pics of how people look like in the game at this point, but I imagine it might be even more stylized than the sims. There are a few short videos available, showing the build mode and some of its interesting object customization options (in an article here). Mod support is among the planned features. Maybe it is time EA got some competition? ?

honestly the guy is just Using Unreal Engine and other game creators  new features with simple scripts, EA can copy that method in 3 min and create sims 5 with that method, as they did with body sliders for sims 4.  epic hard part still missing 3d male and female models with collision systems. EA keeps sims 4 basic to avoid excesive ram ammount and system requirements. Paralives looks great, but remember ark evolved disaster 250gb game with extreme heavy lod (3d meshes) where you need a 1000$ usd video card to play well.

its optimization for easy money vs hard developed good games, but locked behind a 3000$ usd computer to play.

your sales for that game will be zero. vs mobile style games. 

• 2 months later...

Archived