Nothing ever happens.

I've installed everything and their millions of requirements, but I can't even get Curie to hug me without walking away after I try to get her to hug me. My character won't even whack off, she just stands there after I click the button. MCG and AAF do absolutely nothing. I checked and checked again and installed again and again, but nothing works. So far all I've been able to do is set hot keys. But if I try to do something with another NPC or whatever, it never works, but I get told I'm already in a scene if I try it with another. I even tried a new game, but it still doesn't work and I get a corrupt save file warning every time I load. Fallrim doesn't fix it.

15 minutes ago, Anarchist86ed said:

I've installed everything and their millions of requirements, but I can't even get Curie to hug me without walking away after I try to get her to hug me. My character won't even whack off, she just stands there after I click the button. MCG and AAF do absolutely nothing. I checked and checked again and installed again and again, but nothing works. So far all I've been able to do is set hot keys. But if I try to do something with another NPC or whatever, it never works, but I get told I'm already in a scene if I try it with another. I even tried a new game, but it still doesn't work and I get a corrupt save file warning every time I load. Fallrim doesn't fix it.

first off make sure that the FSE version you have installed match's your game version. if this is all correct could you post your load order in a spoiler.

You could also try here https://discord.gg/cP8Fq9z  for the GFV.exe which is the Advanced Animation Framework File Checker. and if you could direct any more questions you mite have to here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/124848-aaf-a-comprehensive-installation-guide-and-resource-collection-wip/  (this is a good guide to follow if installing AAF) or to the AAF discord channel ?

4 hours ago, Anarchist86ed said:

My bet is savage cabbage new version 1.1, it returns an error in aaf admin tab about 2 anim data missing, at least in my game. If you have installed the new version i am pretty sure that is the culprit.

If not try to start a sex anim with AAF manager and see if it works, i just played MCG and it worked but i had a similar problem when i had installed the savage cabbage 1.1 version

52 minutes ago, Anarchist86ed said:

I've installed absolutely everything. All requirements. Absolutely nothing works except when I take all her clothes off she's nekkid, so I guess that's something.

Did you check your install of AAF with GFA.exe applet?

Do check out the AAF thread that I linked above as there are some posts there talking about the same thing your suffering with.

Or if its not:

Are you using Unique player? as this would have the same effect of animations not playing for player. If so there are some Morph files that need to be copied over in the game directory as the player body data is stored else where.  This will depend on which Mod manager you use to install your mods as I only know NNM as the other mod managers use a virtual install and I know nothing about them sorry.  for the best answer Post your load order with a description of the issue here: 

. Hope this helps

1 hour ago, Anarchist86ed said:

AAF menu doesn't work when I press Home, or any other key....

Imagehj1.jpg

Ok from what I can tell from this, is that you need to update Fallout and install the latest FSE version as this reports you do not have it installed or is not the one it's expecting to see with your current game version

12 hours ago, Anarchist86ed said:

I get told I'm already in a scene if I try it with another. I even tried a new game, but it still doesn't work and I get a corrupt save file warning every time I load.

The first part of that is from AAF starting a 'scene' and applying keywords, then for whatever reason, said keywords not being properly removed, or you're considered in a scene already [Y'know the camera-yanking ones with NPC's? Those].

As for the latter, try restarting AAF's quest in-game, once it's loaded:

Load your save, open the console and execute the following: 
StopQuest AAF_MainQuest,

close the console, wait 5 seconds, open the console again and execute the following: 
StartQuest AAF_MainQuest.

Outside of that, if you're SouthPaw or otherwise have rebound keys, or have a non-standard keyboard [Laptop's are prone to this], the keybinds will likely need altering to suit your PC. AAF_settings.ini has a link to the info you'll need to alter the keybinds, under [HOTKEYS].

5 hours ago, mashup47 said:

Ok from what I can tell from this, is that you need to update Fallout and install the latest FSE version as this reports you do not have it installed or is not the one it's expecting to see with your current game version

Actually no, that's showing game's up to date, as is F4SE.
You're probably lookin at the CK section's .130 by accident.

@Anarchist86ed What mod manager are you usin, and did you run the GFV through it?
Cause there sure as shit looks like more active mods than the GFV thinks there are. :P

What mod manager are you usin, and did you run the GFV through it? Cause there sure as shit looks like more active mods than the GFV thinks there are.

No mod managers. FOMM never worked. So I just tediously installed everything by hand. All the countless files this relies on and it doesn't work. I even made sure the newest files replaced the older ones.

Here's loading a save, and after entering what you said to. I started a new game and the result was the same when I loaded it.

As for load order, I'm sure it's not right by your standards. The game throws them at random, and it unchecks a few of these sex mods every time I load the game and have to recheck them, not that they work anyway right now though.

Fallout 4 Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 10.14.07.19.png

Fallout 4 Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 10.15.50.87.png

6 hours ago, Anarchist86ed said:

No mod managers. FOMM never worked. So I just tediously installed everything by hand. All the countless files this relies on and it doesn't work. I even made sure the newest files replaced the older ones.

Here's loading a save, and after entering what you said to. I started a new game and the result was the same when I loaded it.

As for load order,I'm sure it's not right by your standards. The game throws them at random, and it unchecks a few of these sex mods every time I load the game and have to recheck them, not that they work anyway right now though.

You should be loading into Fallout with the FSE version of the Fallout.exe NOT the the normally Fallout.exe that comes with the game. this is why FSE is not working for you. Bethseda mod manager which is built into fallout will not load any FSE script mods and will always try to switch them off.  It is Highly Recommended that you use a mod manager to install mods unless you know what your doing (which I think is not the case). use something like mod organizer 2, Vortex or Nexus mod manager.

5 hours ago, NAKEDGIJOE said:

Ok  got it all fixed.   Thanks

One last question...  Is there any control on the camera ?

WASD and mouse controls.

If you have movement keys rebound elsewhere, it can cause problems, and you may need to reset the keybinds and use something to redirect key inputs. For instance if I were doing so, since I've a Razer keyboard, I'd just change what the keys do, to my preference, so the game doesn't even know the difference.

Spoiler
13 hours ago, Anarchist86ed said:

As for load order, I'm sure it's not right by your standards. The game throws them at random, and it unchecks a few of these sex mods every time I load the game and have to recheck them, not that they work anyway right now though.

Fallout 4 Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 10.14.07.19.png

Fallout 4 Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 10.15.50.87.png

Ow.

Yeah, installing manually, especially for more complicated mods with FOMOD installers, is not recommended in the slightest for some of these reasons, among others.
Vortex and Mod Organiser 2 [MO2] work fine for a variety of games, if backwards compatibility with older titles like F:NV is a concern. Vortex being designed more for "click mod, activate mod, play" users with less tech knowledge, and MO2 being more akin to Linux [if Vortex were Windows, for this example].
Bit of a learning curve for either, but well worth the time and energy to learn one. I always push people towards MO2, personally, and encourage people to message/comment/otherwise ask for my help, if they run into issues with it.

Part of the reason the Load Order will be FUBAR is the Beth.net/in-game mod management trying to handle it, and actually fucking it even further. More reason to pick and use a mod manager, is sorting load order. Vortex does it for you, where you can set rules for plugins to load before/after others, MO2 leaves it to you to organise, though it lets you use LOOT to do so as well [Vortex forces LOOT, with the rules being the only 'override' a user has over what LOOT's saying should be used].

You can choose to continue doing things manually, but I'd strongly recommend a mod manager. They also simplify troubleshooting and reinstalling mods, which is quite helpful.

As for the actual issues, I think part of the problem is the game's overwriting or changing your plugins.txt, if one's present. If you insist on doing things manually, look up where Nexus Mod Manager [NMM] puts the plugins.txt file, and how that works. It's fairly simple, in and of itself, but the issue is, I think you'd need to be setting it to read-only prior to starting up the game, and setting it back again if/when you need to alter it.

Also, to quote me so I get a notification, either hit 'quote' at the bottom of my post and cut out what you don't want/need, or highlight what you're after, and wait a sec for the "quote selection" to come up by the highlighted text, and use that. :P

Archived