[WIP] SexoutOffspringDialogue v1.1 - 20130114 Updated

This is a very simple plug-in that will allow you to dialogue with any offspring you may have. This was done in an effort to give a more simplistic means to control individual offspring that is easier than using Companion Commander. Understand, this is not a companion mod... exactly, but it gives the feel that they are more companions than just some kid following you around because they have nothing better to do. It isn't an exact science either.

There are several dialogue options which are as follows...

Wait - Offspring will stand in one spot and wait for you to return for them.

Relax - Same as wait, but offspring will sandbox and interact with the environment around them.

Follow - Follow the player. The most stable of all options because it is set to continue if the player is present.

Go Home - Offspring will not teleport to home marker, but make their way there on their own. The Lucky 38 is where the home marker is placed by default.

Make New Home - Moves the home marker to the player at the time this dialogue option is selected. There is only one home marker. Whatever home you select, that will be the new home for all offspring!

Trade - Allows access to offspring inventory, allowing player to equip items accordingly.

Issues: Again, because of the nature of offspring, this is not an exact science. Children will sometimes not follow through doors, just like they have always had a tendency to do. If you have them waiting somewhere, they may suddenly appear when you enter a door. This would happen if you have the menu in MCM set to follow. AI packages added with this mod will sometimes drop if something causes them to re-evaluate their AI and the default offspring package will kick in until the game adds the appropriate package again, which usually only take a frame or two. For this reason, it is HIGHLY recommended that you set the MCM menu option for all offspring to WAIT!

I also need to mention that when offspring transition from child to adulthood, you will need to reset the options through the dialogue as the default SCR AI package will automatically take over when this occurs.

Requirements

Sexout.esm, SCR and that's it. Nothing else.

Updates...

v1.1

Yeah, an update already. I tinkered with the plug-in quite a bit in hopes of being able to make them true companions, complete with operating companion wheel. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do this, but I did make a few other changes.

Fixed a bug that prevented adult offspring from engaging in combat. They will now engage any hostile target though you will not receive any experience for their kills. I could make it to where the player does get xp from offspring kills, but you would also have to deal with a companion wheel that is basically worthless.

Adult offspring now level with the player and their class has been changed from Vault Dweller to Merc Ranged Weapons, giving them a minor boost to base health so they have a little better chance of surviving combat.

Adult offspring now will auto-heal after combat and a dialogue topic has been added to allow the player to heal them with a Stimpak should they be hurt outside of combat.

Adult offspring will now draw and holster their weapon when the player does when they are following. They will also sneak when the player is sneaking, just like any normal companion does. Ever wanted to take your son or daughter Gecko hunting? Now you can. Deathclaw hunting is not recommended, however.

Made a few cosmetic changes to the offspring, making them a bit more aesthetically appealing. Caucasian females now have blonde hair and blues eyes so they at least look different than their Hispanic counterparts.

SexoutOffspringDialoguev1.0 20130114.7z

SexoutOffspringDialoguev1.1 20130114.7z

Nice. I made something similar for my own use, but it isn't really fit for human consumption. Mainly because it only works for a little girl/daughter npc named Roxie that never grows up. But i used dialogue that my little niece uses so it is as real as I could make it. I was tired of having a shadow that I couldn't do anything with either.

Cool stuff' date=' I'll add a link for this to the Pregnancy OP, eventually I may graft it into SCR to replace the current system, I'll give it a few weeks of development time first :)

[/quote']

It would work a lot better if it were to be incorporated into SCR. That would eliminate AI packages dropping when offspring evp. The only other thing I thought about doing with this is the possibility of adding "dorms" to the wasteland so that serial breeders could have an option of two or three different places they could house their offspring.

The only other thing I thought about doing with this is the possibility of adding "dorms" to the wasteland so that serial breeders could have an option of two or three different places they could house their offspring.

Will throw out the fact that SexoutStore is an .esm specifically so people can add on to it themselves, and since it's all an interior you don't have to worry about conflicting with locations added by other mods.

The only other thing I thought about doing with this is the possibility of adding "dorms" to the wasteland so that serial breeders could have an option of two or three different places they could house their offspring.

Will throw out the fact that SexoutStore is an .esm specifically so people can add on to it themselves' date=' and since it's all an interior you don't have to worry about conflicting with locations added by other mods.

[/quote']

Hmmmm... Now there is a thought. The reason why I am hesitant to do make dorms is because other people may have mods that make use of some of the abandoned buildings in the wastes. Too much potential for conflict there.

like being able to talk to them to get them to stay, just will not use the hookup dialog on the matured adult offspring right now. When I did the next thing I know my character was being blasted with a fatboy they pulled out of nowhere. I had to pop on TGM real quick. Then it locked the movement but not the UI, readius, etc... Just couldn't move or attack. Lust masturbation didn't re-enable movement either. Eventually had to summon a companion to me and initiate hookup through them for the scripts to end the movement lock.

like being able to talk to them to get them to stay' date=' just will not use the hookup dialog on the matured adult offspring right now. When I did the next thing I know my character was being blasted with a fatboy they pulled out of nowhere. I had to pop on TGM real quick. Then it locked the movement but not the UI, readius, etc... Just couldn't move or attack. Lust masturbation didn't re-enable movement either. Eventually had to summon a companion to me and initiate hookup through them for the scripts to end the movement lock.[/quote']

That should only happen on the young OffSpring, not the Mature adult OffSpring, I didn't code that, I believe it's deep in Sexout itself to avoid people propositioning child actors :)

That should only happen on the young OffSpring' date=' not the Mature adult OffSpring, I didn't code that, I believe it's deep in Sexout itself to avoid people propositioning child actors :)

[/quote']

Good to know that, it maybe because I had the maturing speed set fast through MCM, but she was at the adult stage and even walked up on my character initiating a hit on dialog resulting in another round of fatboy blasting before I used the console to port out of the riverside house.

Possible that Supermutants are not really hit with the plugin?

Cause I played around a bit with the babies from the Debug Chest in Doc's bedroom to try how well you can comunicate with them. The Female Caucasic, and Male Hispanic worked right had all options etc. The Supermutant was just standing and walking around the room without any dialog options. (I didn't even get the chatbox to open with him)

Possible that Supermutants are not really hit with the plugin?

Cause I played around a bit with the babies from the Debug Chest in Doc's bedroom to try how well you can comunicate with them. The Female Caucasic' date=' and Male Hispanic worked right had all options etc. The Supermutant was just standing and walking around the room without any dialog options. (I didn't even get the chatbox to open with him)

[/quote']

No, this is just for human offspring at the moment. I am kind of taking a breather from modding at the moment as I haven't had the change to even play the mods I've created. Eventually, creatures will be added to this as well.

Just a thought. Not sure if this is even possible.

Can the offspring be set to follow an NPC instead of the PC?

At the same time, remove them from the PC follower list so they don't pop up again later when entering building or zone someplace.

For example, tell the offspring to stay and take care of their Ma/Pa. Where the NPC roams, the offspring will follow along indefinitely. I can see this as especially useful for the adult offspring.

This functionality could be part of a generic mod where the function is to simply transfer the follower to the NPC. If you think about it, this could be a function to support slave trading mods.

I'm personally not into the slave trading thing really.

My desired goal is to be able to attach adult offspring to NPCs or even other offspring ("Make sure you take care of your big brother!").

Just a thought... if this isn't a possibility I will not lose sleep over it.

Thanks for the great mod!! :-)

Just a thought. Not sure if this is even possible.

Can the offspring be set to follow an NPC instead of the PC?

At the same time' date=' remove them from the PC follower list so they don't pop up again later when entering building or zone someplace.

For example, tell the offspring to stay and take care of their Ma/Pa. Where the NPC roams, the offspring will follow along indefinitely. I can see this as especially useful for the adult offspring.

This functionality could be part of a generic mod where the function is to simply transfer the follower to the NPC. If you think about it, this could be a function to support slave trading mods.

I'm personally not into the slave trading thing really.

My desired goal is to be able to attach adult offspring to NPCs or even other offspring ("Make sure you take care of your big brother!").

Just a thought... if this isn't a possibility I will not lose sleep over it.

Thanks for the great mod!! :-)

[/quote']

Offspring, by their very nature, are difficult to control the way you would any normal NPC in that they don't exist in the game world at the time the game a new game is created. Each instance is brought into the world after the game is started. Using scripts on these types of objects is very limited. Just telling offspring to follow any NPC that might be it's parent isn't possible, though it might be an at some point. That is an area that I have yet to explore. Right now, I am focused on bringing more stability to their AI and giving them some individual characteristics to make offspring more diverse, interesting, and useful.