A Giant Bug

He, literally giant, because I had to find that though all interactions and creatures encountered so far worked fine, my game CTDs whenever it tries to start the animation between giant and human. I have tried scouring through the forum and search engines, but I could only find tips like download "Naked Giants SE", which I did, but didn't help fixing the issue. Naked Giants claims to work as SOS replacement too, but despite loading the naked model of a giant correctly, I could not assign it a new schlong in the Creature Framework, where only the More Nasty Critter option persisted.

If it was a general problem in many situations, I could maybe analyze the background core problem, but so far I had tested wolves, draugr, spiders, sabrecats and werewolves successfully (well, and of course other humans). The list is far from complete, but only the giants were an issue so far, and they were also the only one from that list that didn't have an animal-SOS option coming from the "creature schlongs se" mod.

So I ask, what could it be if everything else worked so well so far?

Have you checked it's skeleton to make sure it's a compatible one? If a person or creature goes to get naked at the start of a animation and the skeleton isn't compatible with the body being used it'll cause the game to crash. Like if you have a HDT body but the skeleton has no breast butt or belly bones it'll cause the game to CTD when you disrobe or when you enter a cell where someone has an incorrect skeleton.

Thank you for both of hour help. It was indeed the skeleton. I did rule that out initially, because other parts/creatures were already working fine, and they worked fine, precisely because I had tinkered with the load order before in order to fix skeleton issues that they previously had. So I had reasons to believe that settled, but apparently it was not a complete fix, and after moving XPMSSE a bit up it nearly worked. Then it turned out that the "Naked Giants" mod I had downloaded to fix this only made it worse, so after removing that as well, it now animates fine.

Thanks again!

Archived