Probing for interest in a mesh edit.

Janet

So I had already played and beaten lonesome road, and while I loved the idea for a faction related outfit with great, and differing statistics you could get as a reward... I hated the actual look of it. Sleeveless longcoat covered in gear? No thanks Obsidian. In short the female version is a lazy port of the male mesh. And at that I didn't like the look of the armor to begin with. But I DID like the armor itself. I didn't like this at all and at that wanted something more personalized.

So I came up with this.

kr30L.jpg

weRwq.jpg

whkf0.jpg

It's a mishmash of Cass' jacket, and only the jacket at that with a new symbol on the back, leather armor pants with the brown edited out, the gloves from the assassin suit from Dead money. And the boots from the Merc Charmer outfit. It looks nothing like Ulysses' armor Ill admit, but this is more the kind of awesome looking reward I'd want post Lonesome road. But what I'm asking is... Any interest in it? If there is I suppose I could make the other 3 versions and make a proper replacer.

I should note that the collar my character is wearing comes from AEV, and is not part of the mesh itself.

Alright this is super late. But I should be starting work tonight since I've been out most of today because of some rather nice rough treatment this morning and afternoon. But Ill have at least a cleaned up version of my personal version of the mesh (Not much different, mine just has the boots removable and the gloves come with or without the boots.) and at least the old world or Independent Vegas versions. And I might end up with a new but similar design for the Independent version for my girlfriend later on. Which might or might not be available as an option depending on what she says.

I don't have LR, but for whatever it's worth, that armor looks really good, Janet. :)

If it were up to me, I might have something (a strap or what have you) connecting the two sides of the jacket across the front, so it looks like it has a reason to stay in place.. but it's great looking either way.

(Which incidentally makes me think - how awesome would it be if we could have clothes that flapped in the wind and whatnot? Makes me excited for the future of dirty modding, hehe.)

Posting to update on things. Ill have the actual replacer up sometime in the weekend but I've had a lot of my free time hijacked recently. So I'm sorry for the delay.

On the undershirt. I really wouldn't use it myself since it's just not my style, but if there's demand maybe Ill see if I can hack one up. At worst Ill just make an edit of the extier type 3 wasteland wanderer undershirt for an undershirt version.

Anyway I better go lay down again. Feeling somewhat weak.

Archived