Merging Esp's

Bashis

my god.....it actually booted up and loaded everything' date=' that had to be the most bootleg merg/patching job ive ever done and it freakin worked, got 35 plugins down to 7.

end result, a complete rebuild of cyrodill from the ground up, and added every outer reigon except morrowind and skyrim, complete with towns, dungeons and quests.

[/quote']

Sounds interesting - I'd be grateful if you could list which esp's you merged together, as I think I'm about to try something similar.

i pretty much rammed everything together that only added items, if it had a script or changed something that already existed i left it alone because i don't know scripting, also i managed to get unique landscapes down into 3 plugins (starts out as 29) but with that one some of them master off each other so instead of merging them all into one i had to merge them all, and still include the ones that are masters. so weapons/armor/spelles that arent introduced into leveled lists can all become a single plugin, other than that its kind of risky, so i would say go for it, but keep copys of your plugins prior to merge and if your game goes balistic, it can be reverted easyily

This is more than likely going to be a stupid question on my part, but to be sure, do we just go ahead and deactivate the .esps that we have merged into a master? So for instance, if I used TESIVGecko to merge the Unofficial patches for SI, I just add the new merge patch as a master and deactivate them in Wrye.

Anything you merge you would keep the new merged file and disable all the others.

If you merge 1, 2, 3 and name the new file 4, then you would enable 4 and disable 1, 2, 3.

In addition to disabling them you should also move 1, 2 and 3 to a folder outside of your data file so Oblivion doesn't count them towards the hard cap count.

Now I know why Bashis felt so surprised... despite how simple and unorthodox that seemed in comparison to traditional mod installing, it worked perfectly!

Thanks again greagathit. Between this and the Xeo setup, I'm sure you've saved me several hair pulling moments at the expense of your own. :P

Archived