[Search/Request] Mod for putting Armors on Skeletons

Hi there!

Some time ago I've found this mod, which - among other things - enables you to create your own permanent army of skeletons.

You have to equip them with stuff yourself, though.

So I thought I'd roleplay a smith/jeweler and enchanter dabbling in necromancy living in a city, hiding my creations in plain sight by simply equipping them to the brim.

Armor meshes don't show up on them, though...

Do you know of a mod to fix this?

Danke für's Finden, aber das wird mir glaube ich nicht weiter helfen.

Meines Wissens nach fügen die Mods nur neue Arten von Skeletten hinzu, bei denen die Ausrüstung schon im Mesh vorhanden ist.

Was ich brauche ist ein Mod, welcher das Mesh von Skeletten austauscht durch die aufgerüsteten Versionen.

Ähnlich wie es auch für spielbare Rassen funktioniert.

Thanks, but I've found those, too.

As I unterstand those mods add new types of skeleton monsters.

What I need is a mod which switches out the skeleton mesh with an armored version, when the skeleton is equipped with stuff.

Similiar to how it works for playable races.

Edit:

The thread's name was a bit misleading, so I've changed it just now.

3 hours ago, Sceadugengan said:

Danke für's Finden, aber das wird mir glaube ich nicht weiter helfen.

Meines Wissens nach fügen die Mods nur neue Arten von Skeletten hinzu, bei denen die Ausrüstung schon im Mesh vorhanden ist.

Was ich brauche ist ein Mod, welcher das Mesh von Skeletten austauscht durch die aufgerüsteten Versionen.

Ähnlich wie es auch für spielbare Rassen funktioniert.

Thanks, but I've found those, too.

As I unterstand those mods add new types of skeleton monsters.

What I need is a mod which switches out the skeleton mesh with an armored version, when the skeleton is equipped with stuff.

Similiar to how it works for playable races.

Edit:

The thread's name was a bit misleading, so I've changed it just now.

wahrscheinlich wird es nicht funktionieren, hier einige Threads, sie haben es auch versucht.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3629045-help-with-putting-armor-on-a-skeleton-npc/

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4111725-invisible-npccustom-armor-need-help/

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/75858809

5 hours ago, Sceadugengan said:

you have armors for skeleton, draugr, riekling... in sic

190824040554429945.jpg

that's not sic draugrs, they were all deleted, with the ones from skyrime.esm

draugr on the right wear draugr armor with iron glove, those iron glove are sic armor addon add to skyrim.esm ironglove armor (that no longer use edited texture to make those armors look older, because i don't like that)

game load template wathever, directly, instead of picking something from all variations available (the huge list of npc in sic and skyrim)

i put draugr armors in lvldraugrarmors with lvlbanditbossnoenchant, or whatever i took, that have iron armor, elven armor, leather armor.... in it

it's in npc inventory

worn armor it's for the textures variations

and outfit... you can't loot the iron glove from that draugr if that's taken from oufit, and if you leave the cell and come back, your draugr wear something else (it pick something from outfit everytime npc is load, useless waste of performance that don't make much sense if you have more than one thing in there)

if you add sic iron armor addon for skeleton, to armor iron armor, skeleton will equip that if you give it to him (not long to do for a dozen armor that have 4 armors piece)

how to give that armor to that npc?

you can add flag can talk to skeleton race

copy paste follower dialog to open follower inventory

replace condition nord, breton, follower... with skeleton

you now have that dialog when you talk to your skeleton, to put whatever you want in his inventory (iron armor have more armor than nudebodyskeleton, it will equip it)

or you make a spell, that don't damage the target but load an uilist, with iron, elven, leather... in the list, and whatever you pick is npc.additem (can be use on draugr, nord and the rest, and no need to have that stuff in your inventory to be able to distribute it) (don't forget strip that npc.removeallitem in that list, npc wear the armor that have the most armor, leather armor will never be equipped if there's better in inventory)

Thank you.

It took a while but I finally got through what you tried to tell me.

Seems like I learned something new.

Every armor item can have multiple armor addons, while each armor addon is specific for a morph type.

Playable races share a morph type, but for skeletons I need to create a new armor addon specific to the skeleton race, add an armor mesh with a skeleton body inside and add the new armor addon to the item.

Creating new meshes will be a problem, though.

I could merge some meshes together with BodySlide, but properly weighting them will be full of trial and error.

I once tried to import a .nif file into Blender and 3ds Max and eventually just gave up...

Any ideas on this?

7 hours ago, Sceadugengan said:

I could merge some meshes together with BodySlide, but properly weighting them will be full of trial and error.

I once tried to import a .nif file into Blender and 3ds Max and eventually just gave up...

Any ideas on this?

that stuff is in sic bsa

190826033045855811.jpg

not because most are mimicking bethesda unoptimised crap, you have to stick to that

another sbp for the nude body, you can delete that body from all armors, that is the same, since there's no need to unload it when you equip something, to reload the same from the armor nif

no idea why bodyslide export vanilla armors with the same body nif in it

you select the skeleton bodie nif as skeleton (to export the nif with skeleton bones that aren't the same as bodyslide default skeleton)

you load that bodie as reference

and either copy paste weight, either deleted edited stuff bones, copy from reference, and paste on edited meshe (it's better to not get finger bones on gloves)

reweighting, it's just that, no need to understand what you are doing

Archived