Having issues with an ENB setting

Yueviathan

Hope this topic is in the right category, anyway recently I tried upgrading my PC, I failed in doing so and rolled back to my old set up. Doing so I had to reinstall everything yadah yadah. Well I'm using the new Patrician ENB and loving it very much. My favorite feature of that ENB is the wet effect on Npc during a rain or coming out of a body of water.

So when I started Skyrim again, with everything back installed. I noticed this particular feature of the ENB was missing , further more a setting called Lumasharpen was now  not displaying properly. in fact when I turn that setting on, everything goes black but the flicker of a light source that is white. I take it the wetness effect is attached to this setting but I don't understand whats causing it not to work. Any help would be appreciated. I looked everywhere to try and figure out why this happened and found nothing. Its the only feature that is not working now, but it was before.

PS forgot to add pictures showing the problem

enb 2019_08_22 12_55_25_38.jpg

enb 2019_08_22 12_55_49_01.jpg

enb 2019_08_22 12_55_58_66.jpg

enb 2019_08_22 12_56_02_09.jpg

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Could you not ask wherever you got the ENB from?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this post. The Patrician ENB is located on nexus, but this thread might not be necessary anymore. I contacted the mod author and they gave me some advice on what I can do as well as info on activates the function that is missing from my game. So with that said, I think I'm might be able to fix this issue.

I asked around to gather as much info as I could and there was people very helpful. So for time being I'm going to try what was suggested and see if that works. If it doesn't I will leave a reply saying as much and continue to look for help. I'm sorry if how I asked for help wasn't clear. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Cheers ❤️

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I meant that this is not a Skyrim technical issue; it is an issue between you and the ENB.

I didn't know where to put this topic, I put it here because I thought any issue with a mod and seeking help with that would qualify for technical support. Also it isn't the ENB to blame in this situation. The ENB preset is installed correctly as is the ENB, but this particular function has stopped working after tending to the computer. I have been having this problem for over a week . I looked everywhere for anyone that had the same issue and found no one.  So thus posted here as its very much looking like the problem is my PC specifically my driver.  So thought it was a technical issue and I'm just looking for help.

PS: If this topic doesn't belong here, how can I change the topic so it's in its proper category? I'm just trying to find some help with this issue. I normally don't ask for help as I usually figure out how to solve issue I come across on my own, but I been fighting this problem for over week and I'm kinda stump aside from reinstalling my driver again. I had to do a fresh reinstall already and dealing with this has been a pain. I'm just hoping to find some help. 

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

What driver would that be.

The problem is between you and the ENB. There is no correct place here, the correct place is wherever you got the ENB.

Or he could just ask for help on a technical support thread of an active modding website like Loverslab ? The guy making the ENB won't know what's going on inside this guy's computer, he's better off asking here. If he's lucky he could find someone who had the same issue. How about minding your own business if you don't have anything useful to say ? You're still not a moderator, and it's annoying watching you try to act like one.

Back to topic OP, did you try reinstalling Direct X ? This solved a few of the issues I had with my ENB after upgrading my PC just like you. 

47 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

So you think guys who didn't make the ENB would know better?

Shush, go direct someone else to somewhere else instead of helping. 

Plus, no, "guys" don't make the ENB, boris does, "guys" only make presets, "guys" have no idea that driver on that video card has that incompatibility with that version of DX library or with that weather script. Plus the Patrician ENB forum is dead, last post was yesterday and the one before that on the 10th of August. You want that guy to wait 10 days to fix his problem ? Piss off somewhere else and think next time before acting like a douche. 

34 minutes ago, Redflyingmonkey said:

Piss off somewhere else and think next time before acting like a douche. 

2 hours ago, Redflyingmonkey said:

The guy making the ENB

49 minutes ago, Redflyingmonkey said:

Plus, no, "guys" don't make the ENB, boris does, "guys" only make presets

Is there some reason why you can use the word 'guy' but I cannot?

The patrician forum is dead yet had a post yesterday and a couple of weeks ago?

He's waited 18 hours here and nobody has responded. Does that mean tech support is dead?

You want some meaningful advice?

Uninstall the ENB, making sure you remove all traces of it and restore/remove and changes to ini files. Set up ENBoost and play the game for a while to see if any hangovers from the preset remain.

If not then reinstall the ENB making sure you follow the instructions and have not missed any or misunderstood any.

Play the game for a while to see if the problem persists.

If it does, repeat the above but try a different preset to see if the problem persists.

You might want to look at your lighting mods too.

35 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Uninstall the ENB, making sure you remove all traces of it and restore/remove and changes to ini files. Set up ENBoost and play the game for a while to see if any hangovers from the preset remain.

If not then reinstall the ENB making sure you follow the instructions and have not missed any or misunderstood any.

If it does, repeat the above but try a different preset to see if the problem persists.

There, could've done this from the start. 

6 hours ago, Redflyingmonkey said:

Or he could just ask for help on a technical support thread of an active modding website like Loverslab ? The guy making the ENB won't know what's going on inside this guy's computer, he's better off asking here. If he's lucky he could find someone who had the same issue. How about minding your own business if you don't have anything useful to say ? You're still not a moderator, and it's annoying watching you try to act like one.

Back to topic OP, did you try reinstalling Direct X ? This solved a few of the issues I had with my ENB after upgrading my PC just like you. 

Omg thank you, I'll give that a try next, its the only thing I haven't done at this point. 

9 hours ago, Redflyingmonkey said:

There, could've done this from the start. 

10 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Is there some reason why you can use the word 'guy' but I cannot?

The patrician forum is dead yet had a post yesterday and a couple of weeks ago?

He's waited 18 hours here and nobody has responded. Does that mean tech support is dead?

I have been having this problem for over a week. Uninstalling the ENB and resetting everything was the first thing I did on day one. I even reinstalled Skyrim completely. My graphics card is a AMD r9 sapphire 290, I installed the drivers and made sure my com was up to date with windows. When I launch the game, everything is black like the picture I posted. It is only black like that when the lunasharpen feature is enabled. Prior to going threw the process of rolling back. My computer ran the ENB perfectly before, so I was confused why I'm having this issue now but didn't before. So I try reinstalling and the whole nine yards. What I didn't do is reinstall all the Dx, I reinstalled Dx9 for sure but not 10 or ext. So will try that, thank you fly.

However yes I would like to be clear, I'm not new to this, a lot of what is being suggested to me from other people I already did the first 4 days of this problem. I'm the type to fix things and look for a video or tutorial on how to fix something myself. If I'm asking for help its because I exhausted other options that I could think of at the time. At this point I'm fairly positive the issue is driver related, as error /corruption with driver installation can create ENB visual errors. My issue is a feature regardless of the ENB if the ENB has lumasharpen active, my screen is black.

Turning off the function reveals the ENB working just fine accept now features controlled by that function no longer are active. I will try reinstalling the driver again but before that I will try reinstalling the DX. Idk why asking around for help has become an issue. I have alreayd spoken to the mod author about the issue and they suggested options I already performed so I already knew the outcome and also know its not (sorry typo)the fault of the ENB. The ENB was never the problem, I'm having tech issue running a feature of the ENB, and any ENB with this feature I will fail to run that feature currently so I looked for help. Sorry for the mountain of text I admit I'm frustrated , but I can't be any clearer than this about the issue I'm having. Thank you for reading this and all the help.

PS: The lighting mods I am using for this ENB, are the ones required to even run the ENB. Patrician requires lighting and weather mods to run it correctly, so I can rule out that being a issue.

PS: Final update, I have reinstalled DX and my issue persist. The mod author also let me know a fresh install of windows can help here,so I will be blunt. If anyone is having the issue that is displayed in my pictures with luma sharpen? Your computer is having more issues with just the ENB. A reinstall of windows or your driver for your graphics card should be recommended.

I have exhausted all outlets aside from these two options. For me my computer has a damaged disc driver, so I will have to find another way to go about a fresh windows install. The driver is the one thing I can try again but at this point. I'm half way done building a new rig so at this point .I'm just going to settle with my current output until I can jump shift to the new rig. For me this topic is now considered closed, but to anyone having this exact issue and have exhausted all options. At that point it is definitely your computer, get it checked out make sure everything ok. Much love

Archived