Custom Career - Exotic Dancer

Custom Career - Exotic Dancer

View File

This is my first mod ever, so if you encounter any issues, please notify me! Thanks!

DESCRIPTION

Main Track: Exotic Dancer

Level 1: Sexy Host

Level 2: Sexy Waitress

Level 3: Stage Dancer

Level 4: Private Dancer

Branch 1: Exotic Dancer for Private Events

Level 5: Private Event Dancer

Level 6: Private Event Manager

Branch 2: Exotic Dancer in Cabaret

Level 5: Cabaret Dancer

Level 6: Choreographer

VERSION 1.0.0 VS VERSION 2.0.0

I edited the promotion requirements in the version 2.0.0 as you can see in the screenshot. The promotion requirements in the version 1.0.0 are way easier and lower.

Overview_2.0.0.jpg

Critique:

The level 1 job is ... weird.

The game starts on a sunday and the work days for the entry level job are thursday, friday, saturday and sunday. But since job applications are valid from the next day in sim life that means the sim would need to cover 5 days without work first.

The promotion requirements are steep to say the least.

5 charisma + 3 logic + 1 fitness for job level 2.

10 charisma + 5 logic + 2 fitness for job level 3.

After that the promotion requirements are laughable compared to the first 2 promotions.

Dancing 2 + fitness 3 for job level 4.

Dancing 3 + fitness 4 for job level 5.

7 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Critique:

The level 1 job is ... weird.

The game starts on a sunday and the work days for the entry level job are thursday, friday, saturday and sunday. But since job applications are valid from the next day in sim life that means the sim would need to cover 5 days without work first.

The promotion requirements are steep to say the least.

5 charisma + 3 logic + 1 fitness for job level 2.

10 charisma + 5 logic + 2 fitness for job level 3.

After that the promotion requirements are laughable compared to the first 2 promotions.

Dancing 2 + fitness 3 for job level 4.

Dancing 3 + fitness 4 for job level 5.

Thanks for your comments! I will update the requirements based on them :) 

• 7 months later...

So the only thing I'm really struggling with currently is the dancing skill.... either I don't have a necessary mod for such a skill or I'm just utterly stupid..... which I wouldn't put it past me to just not be aware.... I have the Hoe It Up mod.... and unless theres a setting I gotta change SOMEWHERE.... I have no clue how to get this done..... I've had my sim dance on the pole to practice and no skill starts. theres no books on how to level up dancing.... and even the computer does not have leveling options…. I'm at a loss. I've even SEARCHED for a mod for dancing skills. So if I need a mod that allows my sims to advance their dance skills it would be EXTREMELY  helpful if someone could direct me to such and probably extremely helpful to put it in the download page as a "required mods" section, obviously starting with wicked whims.

Wonderful. Thank you for informing me. That will be on my to-do list of new expansions to get.

However, for future reference, that should probably be placed in the requirements of the mod because not everyone is going to have ALL the expansion packs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me too. Also, my sim can't go to work. The option is there, but clicking 'go to work' does nothing.

Here's the error thrown from MCCommander:

<report><version>2</version><sessionid>4f6546b3625fee685ee9cac5</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-06-17 04:08:44</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.63.134.1020-1.200.000.452.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>career_base.py:2745</categoryid><desyncid>4f6546b3625fee685ee9cac5</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in _run&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 312, in _alarm_callback&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2151, in _start_work_callback&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\careers\career_base.py", line 2745, in put_sim_in_career_rabbit_hole&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\rabbit_hole_service.py", line 128, in put_sim_in_managed_rabbitholeTypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callablertim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 53.99&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0xdd4141d5&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,8,17910&#13; &#10;Modded: True&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.18362 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 nvldumdx.dll 26.21.14.4614, GUID: D7B71E3E-5742-11CF-D868-91331BC2D735&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Is there a post eco update to this career (or has nothing changed?)  I was using it fine a few days ago, but now suddenly my sim won't go to work.  It is not giving me any kind of exception report and all other careers (game and mod) work just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, it's now fucked up. I tried to go to work and got an error. I'm not sure if it was ECO update or the latest WW update. I'm not sure when I last played this save, if it was before or after ECO. I "DO" have an LE though.

The Sims 4 lastException Assistant finds an unknown error.

The TwistedMexi Better LE's report says:

No mods were listed in the exception but you do have mods installed.
Close your game, try removing handfuls of mods from your Mods folder and retry what you did when you received the exception.
If the exception does not occur then the problem is likely with that mod.
Check the mod download for any recent updates.

Possible Cause (Confidence: 10%) : career_base

Reason : Exception in Sim Timeline:
Exception running Element (TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable)

lastException.txt

On 7/17/2020 at 5:16 PM, Sim4ever2020 said:

Hi,

I really like the sound of this mod so thought I would give it a try but my sim won't go to work. Is there going to be a fix for this or is it not getting updates anymore?

The original Author is no longer around but I have manage to recreate it and it is working in my game. Has soon has I solve a problem with one of the STBL text entries I'll be posting it. Give me a couple of days. (I'll try and be faster.)

On 7/17/2020 at 5:13 AM, simhead666 said:

It broke with Eco Living...IIRC the maker reappeared & updated the mod for University Life, then vanished again.

EH? Yes the mod broke with ECO. (I was using it before the patch.) Has far returning to update it for UL,

What do you mean IIRC? (I "KNOW" should know what that mean but for the life of me, I can't think of what it is at the moment.) What reappeared then Disappeared?

EDIT: i just double check to see when the author was last on, I sware it said Aug 2019 a few days ago when I decided to try and fix this myself, but now, according to her profile, she was on 8 minutes ago.

SW8 has never returned my quries about if she is going to update this mod, so here it is, my recreation.

It working with the latest ECO (1.64.84.1020) & Nifty Knitting (1.65.70.1020) patchs. The downside, if you have already started the career using SW8's, you will now be unemployed.

INSTRUCTIONS for Install:

1: You MUST remove SW8's career.

2: Place mine in your mod folder no more then one folder deep within it.

3: Delete localthumbscache.package in your Sims 4 Game Directory.

4: Start game.

Join like you would normally.

IF you have a Sim which was already employed via this career, they will now be unemployed. Just have them rejoin the career. If you do not want to have to work you way back up from the 1st stage to where you where, just use MCCC to give you Sim a promotion to the next stage. Redo this till you are once again where you was before. If you are unsure where you was, just have the career tab at the bottom right selected and watch it. When you get to the point where you still have objectives to complete, then you are there. Using MCCC this way will cause you Sim to recieve the promotion bonuses over again. For my Sim, I decided to let her keep them has a reward to offset the headaches/delay in playing cause by the broken career.

EDIT: Editted this post to remove an incorrect file that I had posted by mistake.

headbang.gif.fd2ef61f35a75ea32866e59989bd84b4.gif

On 7/29/2020 at 9:13 PM, simhead666 said:

Nice work...Do you plan on fixing anything else?

Not sure you included the right files in the zip...There's just a folder labelled Package (with loads of mystery files in it), a single .py (python?) file and a copy of Neia's mod.

OPPS, You right, I posted the wrong file. DOH!

Here's the correct file.

PS: Sorry about the delay in re-posting this.

Exotic Dancer Career v2.0.2-DSE-2002-07-23.zip

Has far has fixing any others, I had not planned on it. I fixed this one because I was using it and it broke and the original Author was not reponding. All of the other NCC (Neia's Custom Career) that I have, their author's have updated them. Is their a specific career you interested in?

11 hours ago, Dynchia said:

Has far has fixing any others, I had not planned on it. I fixed this one because I was using it and it broke and the original Author was not reponding. All of the other NCC (Neia's Custom Career) that I have, their author's have updated them. Is their a specific career you interested in?

Cheers for fixing this...You've restored employment to an awful lot of my sims.

The career I most had in in mind is this one: