Friendly NPC Leveled List Help Needed

I am making a new set of npc's and I need them in a leveled list for randomness sake. I have solved the problem, I needed to check the 'no low level processing' box. Then they showed up in the list of addable npc's.

Now if they would just spawn in their cages, that would be great. They all spawn just outside of them.

LL / spawning spawn near the spawn marker. At a spawn Marker can spawn more than one NPC/Creature, that's why they do spawn random in a radius around the marker.

If they have the right AI pack ( stay at location " X marker" in the cage ) and the cage is locked they can not reach the position.

And with "wrong" AI  (stay at current location) they will stay at the point of spawning ( can be the spawn marker , but in most times it is not.)

Why you want LList NPCs ?

And in cages ? Slaves ?   You know  respawning and "no low level processing" NPCs are bad if you want to enslave them.

If you want a NPC in the cage and he/she should be unsalbe for Lovers ( slave/companion ) do not use LList NPCs.

Create a NPC and put him/her in the cage. Then you can use AI pack "stay at editor location"  or "stay nead reference , a X marker in the cage"

This is for my new Oblivion Realms WIP. These new npc's are prisoners to be set free. The Idea is once they are set free, some will run for the world entrance and some will try to advance towards the sigil stone. Nothing too fancy, but I am just learning npc stuff. So it has been like trying to herd cats... But I need them to be in the cages upon cell entry.

So far I have a functioning leveled list, 2 crude AI packages, 2 factions, and a functional 6 cage sequential release system. 

I suppose if someone wanted to this could be converted for lovers, but that is not my intent. Just a bit of flavor, with possible random allies. I really don't expect any of them to survive long though. 

If you need the NPCs only once and they must not respawn when you enter the world again, make "normal" NPCs , not LList , no respawn, no "no low level processing" .

Place the NPCs in the cages  with AI Pack "Stay at editor location"

Done.

You can add LList clothes ( if they are not nude) then they do not look the same if you play the Mod again.

LList NPC and creatures you use only if you want every 3 days new ones.

Yeah, I want them to be a regular part of the mod. So they are there each time and random. Your idea for npc's with LL equipment is a good idea too though... hmm. It would give a pseudo random effect.

How do I make npc's switch AI packages? Could I attach a script to a lever perhaps? So when the cages open they change behavior. Or is that a quest thing? I really don't know... but I'm trying here. 

Edit; 

Is there anyway to 'spawn at editor location' precisely using LL's? 

I think the spawn points have always a radius,  I told above there can be more than one NPC so they can not spawn at the same point.

And if you add no spawning NPCs they are regular part of the Mod .... ?  Or you want to able to enter your Oblivion world more than one time ???? Then you use spawning NPCs. If you can enter the world only one time you use No spawning  NPCs and then you can place them exactly where you want.

You can add a script to the NPC. If he is  too far away from the X marker in the cage you teleport him to the x Marker. But that script will start to work when the player add the cell !! So you see the NPC outside the cage and then the script teleport the NPC.

Really if you need the NPCs only one time then do not use respawning NPCs !

-------------------

AI can change if you add conditions in the AI. ( and of  course sort the AI in the right order )

Quest stage update when player enter the cell.  And in the AI  you use GetStage .

Or you create a new door/ lever with a script ( a script is add to the base object so you must create new door/ lever ) And the script: if you open the door you get a quest update  or a item is added to the NPC ( a not playable token )  And in the AI  ; GetStage or GetItemCount.

Or you add a script to a enemy ( guard of the cages ) when he is dead you get quest update or NPCs get a token.

! The GetStage works only if you can play the Mod one time ( enter the Oblivion world only one time ). The second time you enter the cell or open the cage you already have the quest stage.

And with respawning NPCs you have problems to add  token because the NPC it are not persistent ( LList NPCs can not be persistent ), only persistent NPC and items can be used in a scripts. ( You can check base ID but I am not use if you can items to base IDs , and if yes the current NPC in game will not have the item) If you place "real" NPCs  they are persistent .

You can use a persistent  item. ( a brick you place below the ground of the cell, you set persistent ) .  When the player enter the cell, open the cage door , kill the guard you disable the itme.

In the AI  the condition If  RefID.GetDisabled == 1 the NPC use run to X marker/ follow player/ wander near X Marker / ....

Best you tell me in a PM what exactly you want.

Archived