Skyrim modding Skeleton standards

gerra6

I've begun adding Skyrim support to several of my Blender tools (Pose Converter, Automated BB Weightpainter) and it occurred to me that in addition to my not knowing much about Skyrim modding, I really have no idea which custom skeleton is the modding standard, or even if there is a modding standard.

For the moment, I'm building the scripts for compatibility with the skeletons in this pack.

Is there a better option out there with better general compatibility?

Heya

These are the commonly used skeletons .

UNP BLESSED BODY UNPB - With Optional BBP Breast Physics

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14899

XP32 Maximum Skeleton -XPMS

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26800/

I find a Problem With These Skeletons when animations are played though .

The animated objects dont seem to line up with these. The arm length seem to shorten or something .

------------------------------------------------------------------

The skeleton of female models

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11064

I have no Issues with this one though , I use the Default Skelton to animate and it works Fine

Cheers

Lol ' date='

But Hold On . Many People Do Use XP32's Skeleton It has Plenty of Nodes .I think You should have a Peek , Its a Pretty complex skeleton

Cheers

[/quote']

I'm looking at it right now...It's got Buttock Bones, and either two or three pairs of breast bones...

I like it...it's got wings, hair, buttock bones, all the goodies. I think I'll use it as the base for now.

Should the NPC L/R PreBreast bones be weighted on the mesh, or are they strictly a controller for other bones?

And speaking of weight painting, what should the relationship (if any) be between the area coverage of the NPC L/R Breast01 and the NPC L/R Breast bones?

Or, to put it another way, should I include the %Area coverage slider for the Breast01 bone? Or should it cover the same area as the Breast bone?

Lol ' date='

But Hold On . Many People Do Use XP32's Skeleton It has Plenty of Nodes .I think You should have a Peek , Its a Pretty complex skeleton

Cheers

[/quote']

I'm looking at it right now...It's got Buttock Bones, and either two or three pairs of breast bones...

I like it...it's got wings, hair, buttock bones, all the goodies. I think I'll use it as the base for now.

Should the NPC L/R PreBreast bones be weighted on the mesh, or are they strictly a controller for other bones?

And speaking of weight painting, what should the relationship (if any) be between the area coverage of the NPC L/R Breast01 and the NPC L/R Breast bones?

Or, to put it another way, should I include the %Area coverage slider for the Breast01 bone? Or should it cover the same area as the Breast bone?

Lol , I Have No Clue , Im Not skilled at Weight Painting and Stuff.

Skyrim Isn't very Blender Friendly So to Speak , Even When It came to Animating There was only one option and thats the one I took .

In the XP32 Skeleton Link , There is a Modders Resource File Pick That up that Should Help You

Cheers

Lol ' date=' I Have No Clue , Im Not skilled at Weight Painting and Stuff.

Skyrim Isn't very Blender Friendly So to Speak , Even When It came to Animating There was only one option and thats the one I took .

In the XP32 Skeleton Link , There is a Modders Resource File Pick That up that Should Help You

[/quote']

Thanks again.

Skyrim support has now been added to the Automated BB Weightpainter.

The 1.2 release supports automated Skyrim Buttock, Breast, and Breast01 bone weight painting, in addition to Fallout and Oblivion BB weight painting.

I'll be adding Skyrim armature support to the Pose Converter on the next release, I'll start a Pose Converter thread over in Modders Resources when it's ready for testing.

The main new feature will be the ability to automatically add BB Breast and/or BB Buttock animations into existing animations.

Thanks again.

Skyrim support has now been added to the Automated BB Weightpainter.

The 1.2 release supports automated Skyrim Buttock' date=' Breast, and Breast01 bone weight painting, in addition to Fallout and Oblivion BB weight painting.

I'll be adding Skyrim armature support to the Pose Converter on the next release, I'll start a Pose Converter thread over in Modders Resources when it's ready for testing.

The main new feature will be the ability to automatically add BB Breast and/or BB Buttock animations into existing animations.

[/quote']

Thanks , I will Take a look at the Pose converter , and I hope Skyrim becomes more blender Friendly :D

Cheers

Archived