Skyrim Information Avalanche: Race and Skill Perk Details

KHAJIIT: night-eye, claw attacks

Wonderful, I wanted that.

IMPERIAL: Voice of the Emperor, find more coins when looting

Wait... What? The emperor is already dead for 200 years... How does that work? The empire doesn't even exist anymore...

Also, I like these skill perks... A lot:

• Just about anything that has to do with alchemy
  • Same for archery... Especially time-slowing on zoom.
  • anything in the sneak-category.

My number one perk will most likely be this one:

Sneak attacks with daggers do 15x damage

I think this game won't be too bad, after all. Still gonna wait for the GOTY-edition, though.

KHAJIIT: night-eye' date=' [i']claw attacks[/i]

Wait... What? The emperor is already dead for 200 years... How does that work? The empire doesn't even exist anymore...

I think this game won't be too bad, after all. Still gonna wait for the GOTY-edition, though.

Empire's come and go, there certanly is still *an* Empire in Skyrim. Either the Mede Empire, or one founded after the two books, in the following 150 years or so. The Septim Empire wasn't the first. =P

KHAJIIT: night-eye' date=' [i']claw attacks[/i]

Empire's come and go, there certanly is still *an* Empire in Skyrim. Either the Mede Empire, or one founded after the two books, in the following 150 years or so. The Septim Empire wasn't the first. =P

I know empires come and go. However earth history shows that society needs time to recover after an empire falls. I don't know the "exact" figures, but I'm guessing that 200 years passing would be too short.

Well, as far as lore goes, I'm not that up to date. Heck, due to all the awesome (read: Lovers) mods for Oblivion, I have never even finished Oblivion's main quest. Furthest I came was bringing Martin to Cloud Ruler Temple. :P

I like Shivering better anyway... Not quite so serious. I like that.

Never read either of the two books. (Don't go saying I couldn't have read the second. It apparently was published today... :P)

The more and more I read about the perk system, the more and more it redeems this games in my eyes. When I first read all of the skills that were being dropped I felt like "ugh, dumbing down the game even more are we?"

But to me, this system redeems itself by doing the opposite. Now instead of sitting there, thinking about the certain class that I'll have to make and exactly which skills I'll have to level in order to get the attributes I want at higher levels, I have to sit there and think of a "build" for my character: Which skills do I want? Which perks do I want therein? At what rank...?

Now I can get the stealth skill, but I can choose to be either a skilled assassin, picking targets out from the darkness with the very high sneak attacks... or I can choose to be better at remaining unseen and pickpocket people's stuff (with that skill obviously) or just avoid confrontation altogether...

Personally... I'm actually disappointed in the number of perks I'm seeing that each skill has. I'd rather see more perks for more intricate play styles at the cost of having higher levels. (But each singular level impacts the game less.)

tl;dr there is no tl;dr