How can I make my Sims lips look this great?

I was downloading clothing mods, and I stumbled upon a creator by the name Altea129. She/he is pretty well known, but what caught me off guard was how good her sims lips looked.

In this image:

Spoiler

image.png.8320fb32fd7a6444b6a2dfc9975c78e6.png

She/he mentioned their skin was made by Prailinesims. Prailinesims has 5 different skins uploaded, but none of the screen shots have lips looking that great. Is it because of the lipstick in addition to the skin? Or is there a mod that enhances lips in general? I've always thought the lips in Sims 3 were pretty mediocre until I saw this screenshot. Anyone got any advice to replicate the above screen shot?

1 hour ago, Nohrin said:

She/he mentioned their skin was made by Prailinesims.

hey, Nohrin,

hope this find you well, bruv.
i owe you a long reply for another post of yours; please accept my apologies for not having it answered, yet. time has been short; also, to make things a bit more complicated, i came down with a mild cold that is sucking the life and energies out of me.
are you sure this is a Sims 3 CC? the face format looks more like a Sims 2 character.
below is a couple TS3 and TS2 Female characters respectively; even though their face accord to a similar shape, their meshes are different, meaning they have limits on how thin or large one and the other can get:

Spoiler

free-sims-3-download-chick-nose-piercing.jpg.837fbd8b5ca6b605a65f8b94ae017a37.jpg     Screenshot-629.png.d85590ea82de8b5da7b860be402f59d6.png

about those lips:

they are stunning, indeed.
nowadays i like to create my own skins (usually based on that one i told you about, created by Tractus Opticus); this is an easy YouTube tutorial on how to create them and have the lips/freckles/nose/eye-shapes you want on your fe/male sim. all you need is Photoshop (too $$$ for my pocket) or GIMP — a free image editor.
this is one of Tractus Opticus' skins; it has probably been edited by the sim creator, for the nose differs from the original:

0818536001445275262.png.6a6a2ef84926a5102d63950ba5b73b3a.png

1 hour ago, Nohrin said:

Anyone got any advice to replicate the above screen shot?

watch the tutorial if you may and use these lips to replace the original ones (although i believe these look very much like Angelina Jolie's lips — don't you think?)

Spoiler

b94d8285ff86b26462096582cfa95720.thumb.jpg.a71d8fe466161e3e7df99cb9dcd3b234.jpg

hope this helps.

all the best, bruv;

cheers.

Spoiler
On 7/3/2019 at 9:15 PM, ZenBuddhist said:

hey, Nohrin,

hope this find you well, bruv.
i owe you a long reply for another post of yours; please accept my apologies for not having it answered, yet. time has been short; also, to make things a bit more complicated, i came down with a mild cold that is sucking the life and energies out of me.
are you sure this is a Sims 3 CC? the face format looks more like a Sims 2 character.
below is a couple TS3 and TS2 Female characters respectively; even though their face accord to a similar shape, their meshes are different, meaning they have limits on how thin or large one and the other can get:

Reveal hidden contents

free-sims-3-download-chick-nose-piercing.jpg.837fbd8b5ca6b605a65f8b94ae017a37.jpg     Screenshot-629.png.d85590ea82de8b5da7b860be402f59d6.png

about those lips:

they are stunning, indeed.
nowadays i like to create my own skins (usually based on that one i told you about, created by Tractus Opticus); this is an easy YouTube tutorial on how to create them and have the lips/freckles/nose/eye-shapes you want on your fe/male sim. all you need is Photoshop (too $$$ for my pocket) or GIMP — a free image editor.
this is one of Tractus Opticus' skins; it has probably been edited by the sim creator, for the nose differs from the original:

0818536001445275262.png.6a6a2ef84926a5102d63950ba5b73b3a.png

watch the tutorial if you may and use these lips to replace the original ones (although i believe these look very much like Angelina Jolie's lips — don't you think?)

Reveal hidden contents

b94d8285ff86b26462096582cfa95720.thumb.jpg.a71d8fe466161e3e7df99cb9dcd3b234.jpg

hope this helps.

all the best, bruv;

cheers.

Hey thanks again for the help. Sorry about your cold, hope you feel better soon.

I had never thought of the possibility that they could be from Sims 2. Would not be unusual at all. Since I have never played Sims 2, it would be hard for me to tell the differences and confirm. I might send a private message to Altea129 if they are still active in Sims 3.

I will check out the tutorial and see if its within my limits. I do not own Photoshop, but I do have GIMP 2. I will also check out that skin you mentioned. 

14 hours ago, Nohrin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hey thanks again for the help. Sorry about your cold, hope you feel better soon.

I had never thought of the possibility that they could be from Sims 2. Would not be unusual at all. Since I have never played Sims 2, it would be hard for me to tell the differences and confirm. I might send a private message to Altea129 if they are still active in Sims 3.

I will check out the tutorial and see if its within my limits. I do not own Photoshop, but I do have GIMP 2. I will also check out that skin you mentioned. 

hey, Nohrin,

don't mention it. about this crappy cold: it has its own cycle (4-5 days), and it will eventually go away — hopefully not to another human host.

• Altea127 has her Sims 3 creations published at The Sims Resource; since she has creating CC and Genetics For The Sims Franchise since version 2, you might find great stuff amid her material.
• for hair/hair meshes, there is this incredible Japanese creator named Kijiko, you may find her/his TS3/TS4 creations here.
• Buhudain has created the most detailistic genetics for TS3, although i believe s/he doesn't like freckles (which i just adore). her/his blog hasn't been updated for some time; yet, it's worth a look.
Severinka has created the most thorough and varied (and unbelievable) objects' collection for TS3. even though her blog is totally written in Russian — thanks, Mr. Google Translator — it is definitely worth a check.
Fresh Prince has an incredible collection of vehicles, as well as some few gadgets and furniture.
DailyCard has an magnificent collections of vehicles, too — and s/he is right here at LL.
• even though i was banned from Mod The Sims for some sex-oriented CCs and Script Mods (and i should add: for me being a total P.I.T.A Douche-Bag-Rebel who did not accept the forum's rules and fought to have them changed), that forum is incredible: there you'll find tons of creations and tutorials for/on TS3.
• and you ought to check Navetsea's Skin Creations, too.

i'll take a shot of coffee so to gather whatever energy is left and try to get going through my day.

cheers, mate — hope this info and links were of some help.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived