Female sims have a double vagina. Is this normal?

Image of the problem:

Spoiler

ffVdEju.jpg

I believe this is also effecting teens as well strangely. I will try to list any relevant packages being used:

GECKo_afBottom_Nude_DetailedVaginaButt_DefaultReplacement

GECKo_afTop_Nude_NaturalBreast_KinkyWorldRealistic_Default

cmar_afpreg_BottomNude

cmar_afTopNudeMorphingNipples

These are the only packages that start with "af" (adult female).

Also use:

cmar_TeentoElderFemale_NouveauNudists

cmar_TeentoElderMale_NouveauNudists

cmar_emBottomNudePenis_map2

cmar_EABodyHairforTeens

cmar_efBottomNudePregMuscleFix

cmar_efTopNudeMorphingNipples

cmar_tfBottomNudePregMuscleFix

cmar_tfTopNudeMorphingNipples

For skins I use:

GECKo_Skin_CompleteSet_1k_Default

and

LadyFrontbum_Naughty_M_ND

Is this normal though? Is it supposed to look this way? Or is this the result of having two conflicting package files, both modifying the same thing? If anyone can help me make sense of this, would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Nohrin said:

I believe this is also effecting teens as well strangely. I will try to list any relevant packages being used:

hey, Nohrin,

hope this message finds you well.

i've read in some threads (tried to locate them just now but didn't have any lucky) that people who had their patch updated to 1.69.43 had problems with meshes' addons.
from what you've shown in your list, the only addon you have is Gecko's "Detailed Vagina & Butt DF;" hence, in case you do have 1.69 installed, that's probably what's causing the conflict.
have you tried to move Gecko's from your Mods\Packages\ folder to the desktop and start a cache-clean game so to test it?

hope this helps.

wish you a great weekend, mate.

42 minutes ago, ZenBuddhist said:

hey, Nohrin,

hope this message finds you well.

i've read in some threads (tried to locate them just now but didn't have any lucky) that people who had their patch updated to 1.69.43 had problems with meshes' addons.
from what you've shown in your list, the only addon you have is Gecko's "Detailed Vagina & Butt DF;" hence, in case you do have 1.69 installed, that's probably what's causing the conflict.
have you tried to move Gecko's from your Mods\Packages\ folder to the desktop and start a cache-clean game so to test it?

hope this helps.

wish you a great weekend, mate.

So it is to do with my patch then? Is there a way to revert my patch, or any other solution to be able to use Gecko's mod? 

I will try without Gecko's mod to see how it goes. Anytime I add or remove an addon, I always clear my catch with a .BAT file that reads as followed:

Spoiler

@echo off
del "E:\Default\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CASPartCache.package"
del "E:\Default\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\scriptCache.package"
del "E:\Default\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\compositorCache.package"
del "E:\Default\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\simCompositorCache.package"
del "E:\Default\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\socialCache.package"

Does that look about right? I never notice any difference from using that .BAT and not, so I only hope it works.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: I just double checked, and apparently I am on version 1.67.2.02

Nraas recommends to stay on this patch, as the 1.69 does not offer any gameplay improvements, and ruins some other mods such as ErrorTrap. Regardless I will try running without Gecko's mod to see what happens when I wake up.

I've never really understood the differences between all these mods I have.

Example:

Does "GECKo_afBottom_Nude_DetailedVaginaButt_DefaultReplacement" and "GECKo_afTop_Nude_NaturalBreast_KinkyWorldRealistic_Default"

mod alter a nude clothing piece? Or does it effect the body mesh directly?

Is "cmar_TeentoElderFemale_NouveauNudists" a nude clothing piece? As in clothing that looks like a nude body? I was under the assumption that it was. If so, my guess is that I might be using a mesh changing addon along with a nude clothing addon. And that might be causing the overlap. 

I might be wrong though. Maybe if I had learnt the real purpose of these mods and understood how they worked, and what they effected, I wouldn't be in this mess.

14 hours ago, Nohrin said:

Does that look about right? I never notice any difference from using that .BAT and not, so I only hope it works.

hey, Nohrin,

my apologies for the long delay of this reply.

your .BAT file is perfect — actually, it's a rather clever solution for clearing those annoying cache files. perhaps you could consider turning it into an Applet then sharing it with the Windows TS3 community, eh?
because i'm on an Apple Macintosh, i personally have no use for it; yet, i'll try to write a similar script then have it shared with other Mac TS3 players.

as for the Mods' list you posted, i couldn't see any specific conflict — which doesn't mean there isn't any. i asked you to remove Gecko's Mods exactly because they are default replacement ones; meaning they replace (or add to) the original TS3 meshes for butts and vaginas.

as a rule of thumb, "there can be only one" (that infamous "Highlander" catchphrase) default replacement file per skin, mesh, hair, and body hair.

however, skins (or skintones) can become a complex issue; for example:

let's assume you install a default female skin name AllAgesFemale that replaces all EA Female skins from ages Toddler to Elder. then one day you find this beautiful default replacement skintone for teenagers only, download it and have it installed. since you already have a default teenage female skin replacement from AllAgesFemale, both skins will conflict — and that may CTD your game.

i don't use Default Replacement Skins; editing Townies and NPCs in CAS is actually part of the fun. on the other hand, i have over 1.6 GB of non-default skintones installed, all neatly merged into three or four packages. they never crashed my game.
finally: i used Gecko's Vaginas & Butts until i decided to install a beautiful non-default skintone that was created/published at least a year before his Mod was released. her/his vagina mesh didn't work with this skin; it appeared as if it were a different body part. since i valued the skin over the Mod, i decided to have the latter uninstalled.
with all due respect: it didn't make much of a difference.

Is "cmar_TeentoElderFemale_NouveauNudists" a nude clothing piece? As in clothing that looks like a nude body?

yes; that's exactly how CMarNYC's NouveauNudists work. so they appear in CAS as top and bottom clothing pieces — usually at the end of these clothes lists/options.

if I had learnt the real purpose of these mods and understood how they worked, and what they effected, I wouldn't be in this mess.

i believe the best way to understand TS3's CC and Mod mechanics is by creating them. there are several SimsWiki around the Internet that instructs on the subject; one that i suggest as a starting-point is Mod the Sims.

that's it, mate; hope i could be of any help, Nohrin.

wish you a great time; cheers.

Spoiler
19 hours ago, ZenBuddhist said:

hey, Nohrin,

my apologies for the long delay of this reply.

your .BAT file is perfect — actually, it's a rather clever solution for clearing those annoying cache files. perhaps you could consider turning it into an Applet then sharing it with the Windows TS3 community, eh?
because i'm on an Apple Macintosh, i personally have no use for it; yet, i'll try to write a similar script then have it shared with other Mac TS3 players.

as for the Mods' list you posted, i couldn't see any specific conflict — which doesn't mean there isn't any. i asked you to remove Gecko's Mods exactly because they are default replacement ones; meaning they replace (or add to) the original TS3 meshes for butts and vaginas.

as a rule of thumb, "there can be only one" (that infamous "Highlander" catchphrase) default replacement file per skin, mesh, hair, and body hair.

however, skins (or skintones) can become a complex issue; for example:

let's assume you install a default female skin name AllAgesFemale that replaces all EA Female skins from ages Toddler to Elder. then one day you find this beautiful default replacement skintone for teenagers only, download it and have it installed. since you already have a default teenage female skin replacement from AllAgesFemale, both skins will conflict — and that may CTD your game.

i don't use Default Replacement Skins; editing Townies and NPCs in CAS is actually part of the fun. on the other hand, i have over 1.6 GB of non-default skintones installed, all neatly merged into three or four packages. they never crashed my game.
finally: i used Gecko's Vaginas & Butts until i decided to install a beautiful non-default skintone that was created/published at least a year before his Mod was released. her/his vagina mesh didn't work with this skin; it appeared as if it were a different body part. since i valued the skin over the Mod, i decided to have the latter uninstalled.
with all due respect: it didn't make much of a difference.

yes; that's exactly how CMarNYC's NouveauNudists work. so they appear in CAS as top and bottom clothing pieces — usually at the end of these clothes lists/options.

i believe the best way to understand TS3's CC and Mod mechanics is by creating them. there are several SimsWiki around the Internet that instructs on the subject; one that i suggest as a starting-point is Mod the Sims.

that's it, mate; hope i could be of any help, Nohrin.

wish you a great time; cheers.

Hey no worries! Just woke up and noticed your reply, and its very appreciated.

Could you go into more detail about how the method Cmar used for creating a nude body (using clothing pieces) works differently than, for example Gecko's (which addresses the mesh directly)? Is it fine to use both at the same time? Is Cmars a necessity if I use a mesh altering skin? Like they both do the same thing: add genitals to otherwise bare skins. Is one a newer method than the other, which is why they both exist? Or are there benefits to one or the other? 

When I jumped into modding The Sims, I must of went through a large portion of different time periods of modding it. I must of grabbed old and newer mods, some possibly doing the same thing. One example I recently came across was when I found a "nointromaxis" mod, which does the exact same thing as "nointros" only it also removes the maxis logo as well. Another time saving mod!

The idea to add the cache deletion to a .BAT actually came from someone on the sims forum if I recall. I was searching for mods, and someone mentioned its a good idea to add your cache deletion routine to a .BAT command. I'm not sure how I would go about turning this into an application for others to use, but you're free to spread the info around that it is a handy little trick. 

Could you also share the name of that non default skin you mentioned you used to replace Gecko's with? I have tried different non default skins, but I find they hardly make a noticeable difference compared to Gecko's when comparing side by side in-game. So I always stuck with Gecko's. This could be another glitch for all I know. I come from modding Skyrim and changing the skin texture in Skyrim makes a HUGE difference, but when I change the default skins in Sims, it's just not noticeable enough for me to bother. The problem I always had with Sims 3 skins/meshes were the genitals. They always looked jagged. Especially the breasts. I found Geckos mod when I was searching for a way to fix the "torpedo boobs" issue and that led me to the butt/vagina mod as well. I assume it would of made my vagina more realistic looking, but I got two of them instead! 

I'm considering starting from the ground up. At this point, I haven't added that many mods to my Sims. The only mods I have plenty of are clothing/hair mods. I could easily restart with no skin/mesh mods and slowly add them one by one to figure out the benefits they are providing. I should of stuck with basic modding 101 rules of "never adding more than a single mod at once!" that I learned from Skyrim.

Thanks again for all the help. 

Edit: Regarding my original issue with the double vagina. Apparently this might be normal. I was looking at screenshots from different websites, including a website/mesh that Cmar recommended. In that screenshot, it showed improved genital mesh, but there was doubles! 

Here is the screenshot from the link Cmar recommended:

Spoiler

InGame_03.jpg

Even the EA default mesh has what appears to be either a second vagina, or bum cheeks right underneath the vagina. So it would seem that this is normal, and not a bug or a conflict. Do your female sims have this as well?

The website/body mesh that Cmar recommended was http://mahamudosim3x18.blogspot.com/2012/12/creating-new-penis-and-nipple-normal-map.html?zx=ff37dc1dbac57e9f

Archived