Need tech support with Sexbound

jcfinal

Hello LoversLab! I'm a fan of this community and of Starbound. I was helping my friend out with getting all the files for Sexbound and all of the races, but it seems I went wrong with my downloads and now my Starbound crashes ^^'. Would anyone be willing to help me out?

12 hours ago, jcfinal said:

Hello LoversLab! I'm a fan of this community and of Starbound. I was helping my friend out with getting all the files for Sexbound and all of the races, but it seems I went wrong with my downloads and now my Starbound crashes ^^'. Would anyone be willing to help me out?

Surely, both in separate threads such as here, or the main sexbound thread!

For starters, posting your starbound.log file (Text file) found in the game's "Storage" folder, in here, would allow us to see the whole Starbound setup, and any errors that are generated. As for personal information, at most, we'd be able to see your Windows account's name, if your system uses the default "documents" folder, so nothing to really worry about.

The log contains what mods are being loaded, in what order, and if they caused issues (Duplicate mods, etc) when loaded, along with writting down any errors that show up later.

That is really all that is needed, usually. Rarely do we ever get any major incompatibilities.

17 minutes ago, jcfinal said:

Need anything else or...?

Lets see here... Albeit, usually meant to take the starbound.log file, not the starbound.log.1, but this should work, i presume you have started the game a few times.

Ummm... i'm surprised your game is.... you're running unstable's neigh daily releases with SxB and all your mods? Bold move...

[22:21:53.627] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'lox_sexboundloungeablepatcher' at '..\mods\SexboundLoungeablePatcher_v1.1.0.pak'

This mod is incompatible with SxB's latest versions, since this functionality has been scrapped in favor of the
loungeable addon that can be placed.

[Error] Exception caught loading asset: '/projectiles/throwable/throwingheart/throwingheart.projectile', (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset '/projectiles/throwable/throwingheart/throwingheart.projectile'
Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: '/projectiles/throwable/throwingheart/throwingheart.projectile'
Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad string, should be '"' at 3:1

Usual error, Throwing Heart is outdated.

--> Here's the reason for the crash;

[22:22:24.590] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (NpcException) Error loading npc type '/npcs/outpost/visitors/Pikachuvisitor.npctype'
Caused by: (NpcException) Repeat npc type name 'skadvtestvisitor' 

Its a simple issue: Creator of Pikachu and many other such races used the same template for all those races, by
"Captain Pvt Skittle", thus why its called: "skadvtestvisitor", as in "Skittle advanced template test visitor". 
  Since two races used the same templated special NPC type for a outpost visitor, the game crashes.

Put a few explanations in the code box there, if you didn't catch that, it says the game is crashing because two Species mods are adding the outpost visitors with the same name, duplicate entries are not allowed. "Pikachu visitor" is the one that is being shown as culprit.

If after removing the Pikachu race, the issue persists, contact the creator of the nude/races mods and ask them to remove the outpost visitor template or rename it.

1 minute ago, jcfinal said:

I mean I could certainly show you the mods I've put in if needed. Though if this needs to move to discord I can

No need to, but i can certainly chat in Discord just fine.

Contact ID is red3dred#6559

Archived