Character does not appear to be using correct .xml

Mez558

My PC is a custom race and as such uses a seperate XML to the vanilla races.

Recently I had noticed a lot more bounce in the chest. I'd reduced this greatly as my PC doesn't Tits so much as Pecs.

Now I have been playing around with the xml in JFF trying to get back to what it was but no matter how extreme the changes, it appears makes no difference. I've checked that the femalehead.nif is pointing to the correct xml but it seems to make no difference.

I've recently installed 3 mods that might have somehow changed this.

Animal SoS - This did some odd things with collisions in that I lost collisions on monsters that it did NOT update and only got these back by copy and pasting the xml's from HDT Beast back again. No idea why as it never overwrote these xmls.

Animated Beast Cocks - No reason to think this would have any affect on it either as it does not amend the xml for humanoid races.

Tibral+Cloth-UUNP - This has SMP cloth physics, and I'm using HDT-PE. They seem to work ok together but I don't know much about SMP. That is to say I don't know much about HDT-PE and know less about SMP or what affect mixing the two might have.

Before I resort to removing these mods completely and starting a new play through has anyone else noticed anything like this or would the inclusion of a bunch of SMP files alter the way PE works?

(No I haven't yet asked on the first two mod threads as asking if something so vague could be something their mod did is sometimes taken like it's a personal insult/attack)

Mixing can give very bad to cds. You can only ever have one xml moving a bone node. If two try it does bad thing. Other than that smp and pe play very nice with each other I run both. I even have two xmls running same nif just not same nodes. In short pick what xml runs each node per shape. Yes it gets complicated.  Your better off just using one system per nif eather smp or pe. Those mods change the shape names in the nifs and that prety mutch is how smp decides what's what. Basically on animles use pe for everything but make sure every shape name that It's  penis is named that and set up a shape called penis in smp xml. It won't control anything but the body detects it and opens accordingly. 

4 hours ago, shaidien said:

Mixing can give very bad to cds. You can only ever have one xml moving a bone node. If two try it does bad thing. Other than that smp and pe play very nice with each other I run both. I even have two xmls running same nif just not same nodes. In short pick what xml runs each node per shape. Yes it gets complicated.  Your better off just using one system per nif eather smp or pe. Those mods change the shape names in the nifs and that prety mutch is how smp decides what's what. Basically on animles use pe for everything but make sure every shape name that It's  penis is named that and set up a shape called penis in smp xml. It won't control anything but the body detects it and opens accordingly. 

Thanks for the reply

I've actually just removed the outfit and so all the SMP files with it (as far as I can tell) but.. I am still not convinced my xml file is being used.

Do you know of any xml that have almost no "jiggle" so I can compare it with one that has lots.

I am comparing one from HeroedeLeyenda's All In One A.P. and my body is not jello but not seeing the differences I was expecting to.

Like I said. Every different smp build is just different enough for the numbers won't affect different computers the same at all. You need to change the values your self. If you can share your body so I can see the nif i can probably tell you. Or just open all body parts nifs so you can examine the shape names. You want to look at nifs in the clothing mod look at all shapes names and compare with your bodies shapes names and if they are the same  names that's the problem.  Most likely it's the nif that has the body shape in it coat vest chest armor what ever it is the name is most likely the same name as your bodies.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:37 AM, shaidien said:

Like I said. Every different smp build is just different enough for the numbers won't affect different computers the same at all. You need to change the values your self. If you can share your body so I can see the nif i can probably tell you. Or just open all body parts nifs so you can examine the shape names. You want to look at nifs in the clothing mod look at all shapes names and compare with your bodies shapes names and if they are the same  names that's the problem.  Most likely it's the nif that has the body shape in it coat vest chest armor what ever it is the name is most likely the same name as your bodies.

Thanks for the replies and help.

It turns out it was nothing to do with any of the mods i mentioned. At this point I had already uninstalled the SMP outfit completely so knew it wasn't related to that which left me wondering what I might have done to mess things up.

Turns out it was me, at one point I'd installed ECE and kept the head as a trick to getting better sculps from ECE presets but when I went back I must of grabbed a head.nif and attached the branch without paying attention and done it incorrectly.

Archived