adding Lovers to a fully modded Oblivion.

3m4041

Finally after numerous trial and error, tweaking and altering, 12 months in the process... I have succeeded in getting some of the Lovers mods to work on a heavily modded install of oblivion. Granted there are CTD still occasionally at this stage, but that's almost to be expected when you have literally mod on top of mod fighting for dominion of limited resources, dependent on mod order to make sense of the chaos.

Part of what took so long in getting this working was a)Trying to follow the installation guide (but ignoring the parts where it says "you can't do this or that" because I didn't want to give up the existing mods that I have played for years, and grown to enjoy. Not to mention all the hard work that it took to finish every possible quest in the game, and become the champion of Cyrodiil. haha

b)confusing directions in the recommendations stating this AND this are required, when one file contains the other.

Seriously, starting from scratch, re-installing 400+ mods, custom NPCs- equipping followers, re-establishing routines, providing wardrobes, and food to my slaves, and fellow adventurers, just wasn't an option.

The following is a list of the issues that I have which are yet to be resolved. Before I delve into editing the esm/esps, I though I'd post asking if maybe someone had run into these before, and succeeded in resolving the conflict between these mods, and maybe save some time, if it's been done before.

I read every thread I could find, and often there was no documentation or readme included with the packages, and so I turn to you for answers. It's possible that settings can be changed already, but with no readme, I have not been able to alter them as yet.

in no particular order

Question Number One:

Is there a toggle to turn on/off lovers processing? If so, it would eliminate most of the issues that I have encountered.

Lovers Bed for example... in game, on a mission with a squad of 5 followers... one of them walks past an occupied bed and the game crashes. Other than that, it works as intended. Aside from my configuration, which most people won't be dealing with, I image that others might want to speak to a sleeping NPC without jumping their bones, so a toggle on/off might be useful in addition to being necessary in my case. I have seen where the mod recognizes other mod scripts running, and refrains from running a lovers script that would conflict, namely sexlivion and or it's derivatives. As i recall, a pop-up notified me that such and such could not blah blah, because of bleep bleep script running.

is there a spell, menu, or console toggle that I missed that would toggle functions on off?

Question Number Two:

Running the Atropa mod. Seems to have a conflict with record-keeping in "my sexual exploits- sex diary" where it occasionally reports that I've had sex with Atropa most frequently x times, and or most recently x minutes ago. I would hope that my player character had more self control that to jizz his pants, just walking in the door to Atropa, but the diary indicates otherwise (Atropa is not a person, it's a place). later in game this corrects itself, but I'm not sure if the records are truly accurate due to this glitch that may cause false reporting.

Question Number Three:

Nords, High-elves, midgets, etc. Those outside the middle ground.

Adjusted for the standard Imperial "fits" the majority of the population, and it would be nice to lock these settings and adjustments. But when the occasional fit of passion with one of the minorities strikes, it can really ruin the mood, when my partner decides to go have fun on her own side of the bed without me. :s

Is there an option to -detect race and use alternate setting?

or at least a toggle, to allow xyz adjustment on a temporary basis, without the adjustments being made permanent, and throwing off the majority?

Question Number Four:

Where is / can I edit flags on certain NPCs. I absolutely loved it when I encountered an NPC whom was betrothed to another, and or Married. Kudos to the Author on that one! The added challenge was a pleasant surprise. With so many sluts throwing themselves at me, it was a nice change to have to win them over for once. However... in one particular case the dialog was misplaced due to the way my game currently stands. (her husband has been dead for quite some time) which led me to investigate further, and I found the same to be the case with Countess Valga, worrying that her husband might hear, when he was slain in battle, before the game even starts. Not that I'm interested in persuading married women to break their vows :angel: but widows have needs too.

How hard would it be to remove one NPC from the "married" list?

With a bounty of 10,000 gold on his head, the guard slaughtered her husband without even giving him a fair trial, for the atrocities he had committed... she was appalled by his actions, and I assure you she no longer has feelings for him, yet she now talks this nonsense about him, as is he were alive, and she still had feelings for the guy.

Also on this note. Is there a way to edit, or add dialog to the various situations, and exit routines?

Issue number Five:

lovers does not re-enable certain enchantments / effects upon re-equipping items after the deed is done. for example, it shows that you have the item equipped on the character, but the enchantment effect of the item is not active until you take it off, and put it back on (again). A minor inconvenience, but it's practically gotten me killed twice, when I've forgotten that it had been disable, and I am accustomed to it always being in effect.

In that lovers doesn't use my body during the animations, I don't know for sure that the items are even un-equipped/re-equipped at all, or if the body is just swapped out for another during the animations, but in any case, the enchantment is not restored upon ending.

Lastly, a few of the mods claim to be dependent on MBP++ whatever...

Is there something specific from MBP that is required?

At least one of those mods seems to work fine without MBP, afaik

but I already had most of the mods (that are hodge-podged into MBP) installed already. I'm not over-writing the custom meshes and textures of the character I have that took forever to get perfect, and even the authors of MBP admit it's got problems. overlooking the fact that there are as many as 7 duplicates in the install of the MBP collection that inflates it to nearly a GB, the mod is a mess.

My data folder is 50GB with the mods I have, and I've edited mods many times to eliminate duplicate of the same textures, meshes, animations etc which were installed repeatedly by various mods.

I don't want to go through all of that again.

Aside from faces races Is there something specific to MBP that is required that can be installed separately? If it's only purpose in the mod is aesthetic, I probably already have those races or much newer, better versions installed already.

Any help appreciated.

1. Ok, this is difficult to answer without knowing precisely which version of lovers bed you have enabled. Some plugins also have calls on this as well so it is tough to blame everything on Lovers Bed. This is one of the reasons we ask folks to post their load order.

2. I have never heard of a conflict like this but it is possible. Again, this may be able to be resolved with a load order adjustment.

3. The only way to "toggle" this is for you to go into each of the ini files and set them to use scaling. Thus those "smaller" would grow and those "larger" would shrink so the animations are on the money for all. That is the trade off that you have to live with.

4. You are talking about editing the base game and not lovers files here I think. Lovers is pulling the "married" flags from oblivion.esm to the best of my knowledge so you would need to make a custom esp with the changes and add this file as a master to Adult Play Plus.

Sure, you can change anything you like. Just fire up the construction set and grab a couple tutorials and you can customize things to your liking.

5. Enchantments are tough and I am not sure there are any workarounds to this issue. As to what is being used - that depends on what settings you have as far as what armor you take off. If you have things set to go completely nude then it swaps to whatever your base body is (unless you are using a setbody mod - if so then it swaps to whatever you have set it to).

MBP is a mess, I will agree with that, however it is such a large collection of races with custom textures\meshes that no one is really interested in spending the time weeding through it and fixing it.

The lovers\tamago mods need the esm\esp files as those contain the information on the races to point at the correct meshes and textures (which also are needed unless you open the esm\esp files and point them at alternate meshes\textures). If you don't want to chance MBP messing things up then unzip everything to a temp folder (first MBP 1.4a and then MBP v98a overtop of it) and then make a bsa file out of the meshes\textures. Then you won't have any issues with overwriting what you already have.

There really is no easy solution to getting around MBP. It is a hurdle that you either leap to use the mods that require it or simply don't use those mods. Sorry.

1. Ok' date=' this is difficult to answer without knowing precisely which version of lovers bed you have enabled. Some plugins also have calls on this as well so it is tough to blame everything on Lovers Bed. This is one of the reasons we ask folks to post their load order.

[/right']

Using 1.3 rev 21 according to the readme

It wasn't my intent to blame Lovers bed for crashing the game, I obviously have a lot going on in the game already which is taxing the system to it's breaking point. The question was can the mod be toggled on off rather than running all the time. Then when I know i'm getting into a situation where resources will be on the verge of game-breaking, the straw... could be prevented from breaking the camel's back, if I could toggle it off, rather than having to save-exit the game-disable the mod-reload.

2. I have never heard of a conflict like this but it is possible. Again, this may be able to be resolved with a load order adjustment.

This issue was something that I only recently by chance noticed happening, and have specifically looked for it in certain situations to "duplicate the problem" otherwise, it might have gone on for years without being detected. I haven't taken the time to look into that one in the cs yet. It's not a big deal. I mentioned it moreso, out of curiosity, as to how it could mistake a cell for an NPC. Most of the time the diary behaves normally. If you're familiar with atropa, there are several non-interactive NPCs in the mod who do nothing but dance 24/7 possibly those animations or the scripting is being registered in the diary in error, but only temporarily as far as I can tell.

3. The only way to "toggle" this is for you to go into each of the ini files and set them to use scaling. Thus those "smaller" would grow and those "larger" would shrink so the animations are on the money for all. That is the trade off that you have to live with.

Scaling kicks in at the end (with my current settings anyway) when the partner collapses on the bed or floor. The smaller races maintain their size during, and then are horribly disfigured in a heap on the floor, before pulling themselves back together again, shrinking, and standing up. Two of those custom races are using their own skeletons, so I'll take a look at those to see if they can be refit to the scalable universal. The Faeries have their own animation packages and lovers, just isn't appropriate for them. Flagging them off-limits would be the way to go there, if that possible. As for the Nords, and other larger ones, there's a mod on nexus that makes them all standard size, and i'm not opposed to doing that. but the wee-folk are another story. scaling them just defeats the purpose, unless the cell can be scaled too...hmmm Again, thanks for your input.

4. You are talking about editing the base game and not lovers files here I think. Lovers is pulling the "married" flags from oblivion.esm to the best of my knowledge so you would need to make a custom esp with the changes and add this file as a master to Adult Play Plus.

OK, if that's the case, I can just edit the flag in oblivion.esm on the character. I noticed in the console window that lovers was referencing (xxx)NPC detected and adjusting script according to who I was engaging, (xxx)NPC was not (RefID) and I mistakenly thought that lovers was pulling from it's own database of characters, rather than the internal.

This was my biggest issue, and it should be easy to resolve now, thanks to your input.

Sure, you can change anything you like. Just fire up the construction set and grab a couple tutorials and you can customize things to your liking.

got it, thanks

5. Enchantments are tough and I am not sure there are any workarounds to this issue. As to what is being used - that depends on what settings you have as far as what armor you take off. If you have things set to go completely nude then it swaps to whatever your base body is (unless you are using a setbody mod - if so then it swaps to whatever you have set it to).

I just have the body replacer meshes as default for my character, but like I said, that body is not what shows up in the animations. The animations use an entirely different body, and or multiple meshes in various stages. None of them are my default nude. If lovers' is calling up settings from setbody self, which is installed that might explain things. I have never used set body-self or changed it's settings, I've only ever used the set body other portion of the mod.

MBP is a mess, I will agree with that, however it is such a large collection of races with custom textures\meshes that no one is really interested in spending the time weeding through it and fixing it.

That's exactly what i'm saying I DID IT already. I have all the races, properly grouped in their own folders, and can easily upgrade any one of them individually, and regularly. I edited set-body, and other mods to my file structure as well.

Half of what is included in MBP is 3 versions old, and wants to install to all the wrong places. overwrites textures with "newer" files that don't have normals, so you end up with v3 texture and v2 normal that don't go together, and it has nothing to do with load order, this is overwriting files.

The lovers\tamago mods need the esm\esp files as those contain the information on the races to point at the correct meshes and textures (which also are needed unless you open the esm\esp files and point them at alternate meshes\textures). If you don't want to chance MBP messing things up then unzip everything to a temp folder (first MBP 1.4a and then MBP v98a overtop of it) and then make a bsa file out of the meshes\textures. Then you won't have any issues with overwriting what you already have.

There really is no easy solution to getting around MBP. It is a hurdle that you either leap to use the mods that require it or simply don't use those mods. Sorry.

Thanks once more, for the insight. I'll try the bsa.

MBP is a mess' date=' I will agree with that, however it is such a large collection of races with custom textures\meshes that no one is really interested in spending the time weeding through it and fixing it.

[/quote']

OK, heres an update on what I found in MBP.

You suggested installing v1.4a and then v.98 overtop.

All of the files in v.98a which would overwrite are identical to the files in v1.4 with the exception of the "_options" folder that is included in the v.98 zip file.

It appears that the majority of the "options" were incorporated and included in the later version v1.4, so overwriting all the files is completely unnecessary.

v0.98a does contain some additional screenshots, documentation (not in English) a save-game, and it contains the optional Moonshadow Elves - SC.esp in the _option/ESP folder, which I don't see in V1.4a.

So as I see it, v.98a would not need to be installed at all, unless you wanted to use these few options, which would have to be installed and activated manually, and again, all but one of the esp's is already included in v1.4a.

It would eliminate a large portion of the download size, and some confusion in the install process, if someone else can confirm that installing v0.98a over top of v1.4a is redundant, and unnecessary,

unless the few optional files in v.98a are required.

After eliminating the need for MBP v.98a I focused on MBP v1.4a comparing it to my data folder, specifically the structure of the files for races. As I said before I did not want to overwrite the races which I have, and have tried to keep up-to-date, that have been installed through other mods, or plug-ins direct from the creator of those races.

To clarify, if I didn't mention it in a prior post, I'm not trying to get lovers running for the first time. I've had it running on another computer for some time. This test is for compatibility of lovers with other mods, and integrating lovers mods one by one into the already heavily modded copy of Oblivion that is stable.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that about 70% of MBP v1.4a was an exact match for what I already had. An additional 20% of MBP had only minor difference to the file structure, or were duplicates of the same files in an alternate location, where presumably the files need to be for the lovers mods that need them. A few extra files on the computer is no problem. My concern was how those races would be affected, and only a handful of mods had to be changed to convert from the original esps to MBP's version of the esp, where "there can be only one" was applicable- a few integrated alongside their counterpart without issue, allowing lovers to have it's version, alongside that of the other mod.

The remaining 10% of MBP is where I am presently paused over the holidays. The version of these races that I have are not the same as what is in MBP. Some of these are drastically different, and will require a lot of work, while other races included in MBP are as I suspected initially, older versions of the mod, as is often the case with large bundled mods such as MBP. In these cases, I'm not replacing the files that I have with older versions. Rather, MBP should update those files to the newest versions which have significant improvements in both meshes and textures.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As to the the questions posed in my initial post, I have resolved all but the question of a toggle (in-game or through console) to turn lover's processing on/off.

If anyone could share some insight on this it would be most appreciated.

Alongside Lovers I'm running 6 mods which are named on this forum as "not compatible" with lover's mods, and most of them are functional.

I believe that this incompatibility can easily be resolved if such a toggle can be implemented.

There is no way to "toggle on or off" a system such as lovers. Do you know how many scripts are included in just the core files? It would take eons to do this and isn't worth the time or effort. If you want it off then just disable the plugins and make a clean save. If you just have the core files enabled (from the Resources Pack and Base Pack) then nothing will happen anyway as by themselves they don't actually do anything. It is the other plugins that gives lovers its functionality.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but what you are asking for just isn't worth spending time on. You are free to have at it if you like, and I wish you the best of luck.

There is no way to "toggle on or off" a system such as lovers. Do you know how many scripts are included in just the core files? It would take eons to do this and isn't worth the time or effort. If you want it off then just disable the plugins and make a clean save. If you just have the core files enabled (from the Resources Pack and Base Pack) then nothing will happen anyway as by themselves they don't actually do anything. It is the other plugins that gives lovers its functionality.

I don't mean to rain on your parade' date=' but what you are asking for just isn't worth spending time on. You are free to have at it if you like, and I wish you the best of luck.

[/quote']

I have an umbrella for such occasions.

I'm not even suggesting modification of thousands of scripts. I'm talking about implementing a toggle to disable/enable the mods which run those scripts, which I already know is possible, as it is available for another mod that I am aware of.

Quoting you from another thread:

I think it a request for information on things that CANNOT be done because they are not feasible with the current game engine. (I assume Oblivion).

Could be wrong.

I think he is also saying that just because something may "look" impossible that you should not give up. There may be another way to do things that may accomplish what you are trying to do. The old look at the mountain from all sides before deciding it is unpractical to climb.

There are many ways to accomplish the same task, depending on how you choose to go about it. Often we go with the method that we are most familiar with, and later discover that we did it the hard way, when we see how someone else went about it.

So I agree with you on the look at all sides of the mountain, before saying "There is no way to "toggle on or off" a system such as lovers."

My question is more how the engine will respond to an abrupt termination of those scripts, than how to turn them off.

If no one has attempted this before, I'll be happy to be the first.

As I said before, it isn't worth spending time on as it would not serve any benefit and would take quite a bit of work. There is no need to toggle on\off just the core files as they don't do anything. Toggling on\off all the plugins is just ludicrous. Are you aware of how many lovers plugins there are? You would have to find a way to stop all of their scripts and then safely restart them.

Why would anyone bother to tackle such a monumental (and possibly never ending as new plugins come out or new versions of existing) task and for what possible gain?

Sorry, I just don't see any possible reason to waste time doing this. However, you are more than free to tackle it if you like.

As to quotes - I was interpreting what PerfectionCat was saying and not making the statement myself, so you really took that snippet out of context.

As I said before' date=' it isn't worth spending time on as it would not serve any benefit and would take quite a bit of work. There is no need to toggle on\off just the core files as they don't do anything. Toggling on\off all the plugins is just ludicrous. Are you aware of how many lovers plugins there are? You would have to find a way to stop all of their scripts and then safely restart them.

Why would anyone bother to tackle such a monumental (and possibly never ending as new plugins come out or new versions of existing) task and for what possible gain?

Sorry, I just don't see any possible reason to waste time doing this. However, you are more than free to tackle it if you like.

As to quotes - I was interpreting what PerfectionCat was saying and not making the statement myself, so you really took that snippet out of context.

[/quote']

I agree with PerfectionCat. Over the years, I don't know how many times people have said "that would be impossible" only to eat those words within 6 months to a year, as the "modding community" has performed miracle after another, in overcoming the impossible. Be it through ingenious scripting within the confines of the game, or the tools themselves, OBSE, etc. which have expanded and added alternatives outside the original sandbox.

As was stated in that thread some things defy reasonableness.

The millions of total man-hours invested in modding Oblivion completely defies logical reasoning, when you consider that 99.999% of mods are not commercial, not for profit, labors of love, driven by fits of insanity, boredom or other motivation.

Seeing the benefit of the toggle, is a matter of perspective. I don't know your particular application of Oblivion, what you use it for, or if you have any interest whatsoever in running any of the thousands of mods out there, or if you're content with a base version of your choosing. I'm not one to settle for second best, or to give up without a fight. Do I need 17 Castles fully staffed with NPCs in my game? NO, but they're there, and functional without the slightest conflict. The same goes for most of the mods I use. I don't need to uninstall them to use other mods, if they can be made to play well with others.

I'm not trying to dictate a standard of how things should be, although it is practical sometimes for compatibility reasons, much innovation is born out of freedom from those restraints. We wouldn't have a fraction of all the fun available, if everyone played by the rules.

While this is not a case where I am just seeking to do the impossible, I do embrace a challenge to overcome obstacles in my path, and presently one of my goals is to merge Lovers in amongst hundreds of other mods, and i'll give it my best effort. Even if it means redoing my entire configuration, bash0 through bash7.

From reading many of the posts here, I'm sure there are others out there that could benefit from this.

Look dude, if you want to spend the time to make it, then knock yourself out and give it a shot. Justifying it to me is just a complete waste of time.

Is doing this impossible...probably not.

Is doing it impractical...IMHO yep. Just read my previous post on why.

I am not interested in arguing over the issue. I merely stated how and what you currently can and can't do.

Best of luck to you.

Look dude' date=' if you want to spend the time to make it, then knock yourself out and give it a shot. Justifying it to me is just a complete waste of time.

Is doing this impossible...probably not.

Is doing it impractical...IMHO yep. Just read my previous post on why.

I am not interested in arguing over the issue. I merely stated how and what you currently can and can't do.

Best of luck to you.

[/quote']

Which Lovers mod did you create?

I'm not here to argue anything. My post wasn't directed at you personally, I was asking anyone on the forum. You had already opined, and chose to repeat yourself when I rephrased the question in a later post.

Not trying to justify anything to you personally, and your approval is not necessary as far as i'm concerned.

I believe that other people out there might like to use lovers mods along with other various mods that might presently conflict, and I'll help if I can.

Expanding on the example given in my first post regarding lover's bed. Heterosexual users on the mod might like the ability to disable sex with sleeping NPCs of the same sex. A user might want to sneak past a sleeping NPC during a thieves guild quest without causing a commotion, and being caught trespassing. A user might need to speak to a sleeping NPC for example: Raminus Polus in the mage's quarters, during guild advancement quests (without jumping his bones) If lovers bed, etc. could be toggled on or off at will, or setting tailored to user preferences, it would make for a more enjoyable experience.

To think that everyone wants to be ass-raped day-in and day-out is a pretty narrow minded perspective, dude, but I don't judge your sexual preferences. People that prefer a Tamer Lovers experience might want certain functions to be enabled or disabled at times is what i'm saying.

What have I done around here? Well, how about clicking on my profile and finding out for yourself. You can also browse my 8,000+ posts trying to help folks out when they break their games.

By the way a fixed version of lovers bed has been around for quite a long time, that does not drag you into bed with NPC's so no need to spend time trying to create something that already exists.

I'm not really sure why you've decided to get into a pissing match with an individual who is both a moderator and a major contributor in your first thread, but that's your business, I suppose.

Perhaps not the most promising start, but there is always time to stop digging, take a deep breath, and start over.

You've got lots of ideas, and while some of them appear to be based on a misunderstanding/misinterpretation of the structure of the Lovers mod packages, some of your other ideas might be very good.

I would heartily encourage you to start digging around in the esp files, see how things work together, and figure out which of your ideas are doable, which are impractical, and which are simply unnecessary.

I'm not really sure why you've decided to get into a pissing match with an individual who is both a moderator and a major contributor in your first thread' date=' but that's your business, I suppose.

Perhaps not the most promising start, but there is always time to stop digging, take a deep breath, and start over.

You've got lots of ideas, and while some of them appear to be based on a misunderstanding/misinterpretation of the structure of the Lovers mod packages, some of your other ideas might be very good.

I would heartily encourage you to start digging around in the esp files, see how things work together, and figure out which of your ideas are doable, which are impractical, and which are simply unnecessary.

[/quote']

That wasn't a pissing match, it was just a difference of opinion.

A year ago I started playing with Lovers plug-ins. In that it has been said many times on this forum that lovers isn't compatible with certain other mods, which I already had running, I did a base install to play just the lovers mods alone. Looking into lovers mods, I could see that some of them would not conflict. So after testing compatibility, I moved a few lovers mods into a full game copy, and tested them against a variety of save-game scenarios, set at various quest stages. A pretty thorough test. A few minor hiccups aside, they work.

The purpose of my post was to share information with users of Lovers, and more importantly people who are interested in using lovers, but have been turned away by naysayers.

"You can't run lovers mods with another sex system, you have to choose one or the other" has been said here in LL, and I've had them running side by side for 10 months. Eyja mods, CLS, SMC, Eroblivion, Sexlivion, 6 brothel mods, Adult adventures mods, and plenty of others. I posted a list of issues that I had encountered thus far, as I've merged more and more lovers mods into stability.

You won't see me say "it can't be done" without a decent explanation why. I would hope that my "can-do" attitude would not rub people the wrong way, but I can see where some of my suggestions might encourage some noobs to overstep their bounds and break their game which would make more work for people like gregathit helping them fix it. (don't try this at home, unless you have backed up your files, and are prepared for the consequences)

If it wasn't clear in my earlier posts.. Nothing goes into my main game setup, until it has been thoroughly tested for compatibility on another machine- In a long process which often requires numerous rebuilds, lots of editing, and months of labor. That being said, I have over 400 mods, 2000+ NPCs, a crazy number of Items, clothing, weapons, armor, furniture, and clutter, cities, towns, expansions....... all working, and able to play nicely together.

I think that a lot of people out there would like to "experience" lovers, but are having difficulties with compatibility issues. I won't tell other people how to make their mods, but I can sometimes find work-arounds to make a "problem child" behave well with other children. Given the option to put Lovers in "time-out" when she misbehaves, has an advantage over kicking her off the playground all together.

That wasn't a pissing match' date=' it was just a difference of opinion.

[/quote']

Call it what you like, it is all about first impressions. And at this stage, about repairing the damage.

The issue that you are having is that the lovers framework is just that, a framework. Anyone can create any mod they want to, and that can potentially conflict with anything else.

People from all over the world, speaking lots of different languages (mostly Japanese, Russian, and English) create, modify, fix, break, etc lovers plugins.

As gregathit noted, the ability to disable a component of Lovers already exists. If you don't want to use a particular esp, turn it off, just like you would with any other mod. If you are looking for some sort of universal in-game control panel, you're most likely out of luck unless you build it yourself. But that's always the rule of modding...if you want it, build it. If you don't want to build it, you're not going to get it.

For anyone who is interested I did a little experimenting to see how lovers would handle being halted. I didn't test every possible situation, but what i've tested so far looks promising.

If in-game you are going into an area where you know there is too much going on, and additional scripts like lovers are going to overload processing. The console command "tscr" will disable script processing temporarily, until you toggle it back on.

From what i've tested, I don't see any adverse affects. Upon loading a new cell, lovers re-initializes as it normally would.

Even toggling scripts off in the middle of sex.. the animation cycle continued to loop without advancing script, until script processing was toggled back on, and then the script finished as usual.

Constructive feedback is always welcome. I didn't create this-- all thanks goes to Bethesda.

If in-game you are going into an area where you know there is too much going on' date=' and additional scripts like lovers are going to overload processing. The console command "tscr" will disable script processing temporarily, until you toggle it back on.[/quote']

You don't want to do that. Trust me. This is advice roughly on par with telling someone to delete system32.

First of all, that disables *ALL* script processing. For every mod, vanilla quests, items, etc.

This is a very bad thing...It's strictly a debugging tool, not for general game use.

Just for one example, let's say a quest updates while you have script processing disabled. Guess what, none of the scripted updates from that quest will happen, and none of the prior garbage will cleaned up. But, and this is the fun part, you may not even realize the problem until you discover weeks later that the quest is broken, or your game starts randomly crashing when you enter certain cells.

If you really want to temporarily disable the script processing of a particular lovers mod, and you're not just blowing smoke, then you need to get serious.

First off, you will need to learn how each lovers esp that you want to dynamically disable works, understand how its event triggers work, identify which scripts need to be disabled, and find a way to temporarily turn off those scripts (and just as importantly, turn them on again with no loss of stored data)

At this point I'll be bowing out. I honestly have no idea why you think that this would be easier than either A. disabling the esp or B. digging through the scripting in the esp and fixing the conflict yourself.

If you really want to temporarily disable the script processing of a particular lovers mod' date=' and you're not just blowing smoke, then you need to get serious.

[/quote']

If I really want to temporarily disable the script processing of a particular lovers mod?

Some lovers mods run full time. i.e. Interactions between NPCs in areas of a cell nowhere near the player- having a significant impact on game-play, but no benefit to the game player (you don't see it happening) hundreds of scripts running, frivolously taxing the processor, with no apparent gain--- but significant reduction in frame rate, and detriment to playability. It's like playing 3 DVD movies on one computer, and only watching one. Why do it, let alone why would I want to stop it?

I don't have a problem reworking event triggering for the mods that I am tailoring to suit my own game, I've already redone several. The point is... it's lacking in many of the mods.

It all goes back to "user preference". Different people want different things out of their game. I've thrown out hundreds of mods that I tried and didn't like, but call it Gluttony when it comes to mods that I do like. I don't like having to remove them.

So many mods are listed as incompatible, merely because the mod includes 1 item that could have been optional (reznod mannequins for example)

As gregathit pointed out in a previous post... the things i'm suggesting have already been implemented in some or at least one of the lovers mod updates. Which hints that my idea might not have been so useless after all, yet still i'm attacked for suggesting it.

My objective is increasing compatibility between mods, and improving over-all playability, as immersively as possible for the user. I've been modding since "The Sims" and have made mods for 12 different platforms. I didn't start this thread asking for help with my game. I noted issues that I had encountered, and invited discussion toward improvements for everyone.

This isn't HatersLab. Why is it so hostile in here?

• 2 weeks later...

LoversClubCats v01.01b beta

Just had a CTD caused by ClubCats

The weird thing about it is that I was in the Imperial City Market district when it happened. ClubCats is in Skingrad.

Why is ClubCats randomly initializing when i'm nowhere near sisters inn in Skingrad?

Other than this issue, ClubCats has been working fine in testing with hundreds of other mods installed.

Archived