Childbirth Animation and Child rearing

RagnaBlade

For those that either want to RP or for those that want a more immersive experience I wonder if it would be possible to do this, and if any mod makers would want to take on this challenge? I believe that this may have been brought up before at some point in regards of having a child NPC, siting the Smol Avali mod as an example of a "Child NPC" that has things such as booster seats and the like to make up for how small they are. after a child is born you'd (or an NPC, whomever is the mother) be given your baby an item, there exists a mod that adds 'Pregnant bellies' as an Armour showing the three trimesters of pregnancy outside of sexual interactions, though for this mod idea I would assume the third would make the most sense as that is what the model defaults to when you are pregnant during intercourse. as well as a 'baby' that you can make in the sewing station as a backpack (though for this the 'baby' would be given to you after the birthing animation would be concluded rather than making it at a crafting station. their would be a special storage area for your baby (such as a crib) that you can but them, with the crib having a unique animation (Rocking, small Z's floating above it) and after a set amount of time the child will grow from a baby, to toddler, to child, then to teen, finally to adulthood with various objects that each stage can interact with. when the child reaches adulthood they can then be made into a crew member. 

Additional thought: Perhaps you could determine what kind f crew member type your child will become by allowing them access to objects made to determine weather the child will be a soldier, medic, trailer, janitor etc. this is a large undertaking but one that I think adds a nice personal spin to the whole thing. but that's just me as far as I know. 

IIRC there was some discussion on the discord about actual kids. I think the general consensus was that kids would basically be remake/remodels of the farm animals. Then once grown up they would take on a random job, then you could recruit them.  

3 hours ago, Sylic3 said:

IIRC there was some discussion on the discord about actual kids. I think the general consensus was that kids would basically be remake/remodels of the farm animals. Then once grown up they would take on a random job, then you could recruit them.  

it's a solid foundation I think.

Archived