The World Next Door and mods

1473457651_TheWorldNextDoor.jpg.10eb40ea3f3b0a3fe931c30e246000be.jpg

The World Next Door

An addictive mix of lightning-fast puzzle battles, powerful storytelling and immersive visual novel elements,

The World Next Door follows Jun, a rebellious teen girl trapped in a parallel realm inhabited by magical creatures,

who must find her way home before time runs out.

Steam page : STEAM

Release Date : 03/28/19

Developer Rose City Games
Publisher: VIZ Media

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This topic is basically for noticing/motivating people that this game is fairly easy to mod textures.
As in many other unity games, you can unpack and pack it's assets with UnityEX.

Since my artistic skills aren't that great (and I don't want to mod anything) I won't be making any mods for this game.
Below are some simples texture edits I did myself. Maybe it will motivate you to mod it yourselves.
Samples:

Spoiler

Screenshot_3.jpg.28280c110091c1222d00408b748ebe99.jpgScreenshot_4.jpg.ddc4ea9327ebffa65d32d61a34defb01.jpg

Dialogue_Jun_Default_tex.png.345cf96d17571c725b0a0be21f800155.pngDialogue_Jun_Shy_tex.png.354b2141709e953814f37fe586e54dba.png

• 1 year later...

I know I'm over a year late to this but I'm willing to alter textures for this if someone's willing to hand me the image files cause I don't do any coding/converting stuff, I'm just an artist.

I'll do both male and female art, and I'll send the images back in 3 separate folders.
One with all images

One with just female

One with just male

That way it's easier to make it possible for users to select which types they want to see

2 hours ago, AriaBushnel94 said:

I know I'm over a year late to this but I'm willing to alter textures for this if someone's willing to hand me the image files cause I don't do any coding/converting stuff, I'm just an artist.

I'll do both male and female art, and I'll send the images back in 3 separate folders.
One with all images

One with just female

One with just male

That way it's easier to make it possible for users to select which types they want to see

There isn't any coding stuff related.
You can use Unity studio to extract the images and browse through them to see which one needs to be edited and import them back (after saving as .dds) with unityex or import the .png with uabe (it will convert it automatically).

If you choose to convert them to .dds you will just need to download an add-on/plugin for the image tool you use.

Just search for .dds plugin and it should redirect you to the download page.
IE: Photoshop .dds plugin.
The only problem is that there are 2 types of .dds compression. Nvidia (DXT1~5) and Intel (BC1~7).
I think this game uses Nvidia DXT1 for images without alpha channel and DXT5 for images with alpha channel (transparency).

For reference here is how Unity Studio looks like with a random unity game.

Spoiler

image.png.5346539e1dcd8c17e3884a2dc6cee4b1.png

If you need instructions in how to use these tools just send me an a DM. And I can give you some instructions.

16 hours ago, The Butler said:

There isn't any coding stuff related.
You can use Unity studio to extract the images and browse through them to see which one needs to be edited and import them back (after saving as .dds) with unityex or import the .png with uabe (it will convert it automatically).

If you choose to convert them to .dds you will just need to download an add-on/plugin for the image tool you use.

Just search for .dds plugin and it should redirect you to the download page.
IE: Photoshop .dds plugin.
The only problem is that there are 2 types of .dds compression. Nvidia (DXT1~5) and Intel (BC1~7).
I think this game uses Nvidia DXT1 for images without alpha channel and DXT5 for images with alpha channel (transparency).

For reference here is how Unity Studio looks like with a random unity game.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.5346539e1dcd8c17e3884a2dc6cee4b1.png

If you need instructions in how to use these tools just send me an a DM. And I can give you some instructions.

That all sounds pretty complicated to me. And I like to keep my PC simple with very few apps and tools downloaded. But if you say it's actually simple I might give it a go.

I'd still prefer it if I were sent the images to edit, either here or in a DM, but I don't want to ask anyone to do too much work for a thing I kinda want to do.

idk, let me know if you're willing to attach the files. If not I'll see if I can figure it out and ask questions if I have any.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/22/2020 at 8:07 AM, AriaBushnel94 said:

That all sounds pretty complicated to me. And I like to keep my PC simple with very few apps and tools downloaded. But if you say it's actually simple I might give it a go.

I'd still prefer it if I were sent the images to edit, either here or in a DM, but I don't want to ask anyone to do too much work for a thing I kinda want to do.

idk, let me know if you're willing to attach the files. If not I'll see if I can figure it out and ask questions if I have any.

@AriaBushnel94 I'd be happy to send you all the files, just let me know if you're still available.