DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Scarlet mods?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I tried repacking data_00.lnk with little to no sucess, I used both reimport_4gb_files.bat and reimport2_4gb_files.bat sometimes the script seems to works (most of the time doesn´t) but I found out after either booting the  game or re-extracting data_00.lnk that it didn´t modifiy the files whatsoever. Any idea ?

Spoiler

Z:\Modding\Scarlet\quickbms>quickbms_4gb_files.exe -G -w -r

QuickBMS generic files extractor and reimporter 0.10.0 (64bit test)
by Luigi Auriemma
e-mail: me@aluigi.org
web:    aluigi.org
        (Apr 28 2019 - 07:18:51)

quickbms.aluigi.org  Homepage
                            zenhax.com  ZenHAX Forum
                     @zenhax @quickbms  Twitter & Scripts

- GUI mode activated, remember that the tool works also from command-line
  where are available various options like folder scanning, filters and so on

- select BMS script. type ? for using the content of clipboard like a script
- select input archives/files, type * for the whole folder and subfolders
- select output folder where extracting files

- REIMPORT mode enabled!
  - remember to select the SAME script, file and folder you selected during
    the previous extraction
  - it's highly suggested to leave only the edited files in the folder, it's
    faster and less prone to errors with compressed files

- open input file Z:\Modding\Scarlet\DOAS\program\romfs\00\data_00.lnk

- error in src\file.c line 533: fdnum_open()
Error: Permission denied

Press ENTER or close the window to quit

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotten to the point where I can view TMC model files with Noesis, but I don't have anything to replace the models with and don't know which ones to replace/how to add a new item (I have a Switch set up for LayeredFS). Attached below is the Noesis Python plugin I used to view the files (you drag this into noesisv4406/plugins/python). It's pretty much identical to the one posted above, but I didn't have access to Loverslab at the time and had to modify it myself.

tmc_importer.py

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

日本語で失礼、yuzu - switch emulator というのを見つけたのですが、どうやらDOAX3Sも配布されているようです。まだ起動するに至っていないのですが、これを使ってmodを作成、またはmodを含むDOAXVVデータを移して使用する事は出来るのでしょうか?

I found ‘’yuzu - switch emulator,, . Apparently DOAX3S is released in there.

I still don’t start it. But Can’t creat mods with this, or move DOAXVV data and mods?

Hello @arc037461, any chance you could post or message me how you applied the mods to the ps4 version? Perhaps the same or a similar method can be used to apply the mods to the switch version? I have a modified switch and a copy of the game that i can try to test the method on. Any help is appreciated thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unpacking DoAXtreme 3 Scarlet game/ DLC using NCA-NSP-XCI_TO_LayeredFS.v.1.6.4. to Extracted_NSP -> Extracted_NCA -> romfs/ data/ package_data.bin. Then unpacking package_data.bin with quickbms to game/DLC folder with Character *.tmc/ *.tmcl.

I tried unpacking the * .tmc / * .tmcl with a quickbms script into the * .gt1 file format. That's working.
Then I tried to convert the * .gt1 files into textures using rawtex texture cooker. I am currently failing due to the unknown texture format (* .dxt1 / * .dxt3 / * .dxt5 or whatever) or the offset setting.
There is also a switch swizzle function. But I'm also an n00b, maybe someone can look over there.

I have saved sample files of honoka dlc in the Rawtex folder. Good luck!

Rawtex.7z

• 3 weeks later...

Now I have found a Noesis plugin that can display the * .g1t textures. I noticed that the uploaded textures in the Rawtex folder have the wrong file extension, namely * .gt1 instead of * .g1t.
I don't know, the new files from the DLC in this post have the correct extension.

noesiswkkv9.jpg

Noesis can also export the textures. For example as * .dds. So should the textures be ready for editing?

fmt_g1m-master.7z

KAS_LEI_IS_07_J_.7z

10 hours ago, APsychedelic said:

But the question is, can you pack stuff back and make the game load it properly?

I remember when the game came out I tried a simple intro video mod and it worked fine, but unsure is there is a checksum check on the packs (e.g like in smash bros, that prompted some really advanced and boring hex replacement of perfect byte ranges just to make it work)?

Maybe if you can pack it you could try switching textures or costumes or whatever (simple renaming or even better copy pasting same thing over and over to modify overall filesize when packed -although this is almost guaranteed by a repack by not official exact method they used) and then see if the game can load the changes? Because otherwise pretend people edits the files and all but then if
a) Cannot repack back -> Out of luck
b) Can repack back but checksum fails and e.g game crashes -> Out of luck

Unfortunately I have no idea of the matter at all, I just test how far you could go with the known means. My hope is to get modders excited about the topic.

According to a user here that I trust, it is possible, or already done. We just have to make an effort;)

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have an updated Noesis plugin for viewing the Scarlet(Switch) TMC files? I've tried the script throwaway posted but I get this error when trying to view some(not all) files.
If not, guess it's time to learn how to create my own plugin.. I'll update with what I find

On 7/26/2019 at 6:18 AM, throwaway_ said:

I've gotten to the point where I can view TMC model files with Noesis, but I don't have anything to replace the models with and don't know which ones to replace/how to add a new item (I have a Switch set up for LayeredFS). Attached below is the Noesis Python plugin I used to view the files (you drag this into noesisv4406/plugins/python). It's pretty much identical to the one posted above, but I have access to Loverslab at the time and had to modify it myself.

tmc_importer.py 13.43 kB · 58 downloads

error.png

9 hours ago, safooru said:

Anyone have an updated Noesis plugin for viewing the Scarlet(Switch) TMC files? I've tried the script throwaway posted but I get this error when trying to view some(not all) files.
If not, guess it's time to learn how to create my own plugin.. I'll update with what I find

error.png

Rename "KAS_KAS_IS_07_a_TMCL.tmcl" to "KAS_KAS_IS_07_a_TMC.tmcl" (removed the L). Both files have to share the same name in order to open them with Noesis.