Settlement animated horizontal lifts

The pulley systems all seem to use a packin with boatfishing01 in the name. I dragged it into a testcell and it was an actual boat with pulleys acting as start and end points linked by a bendable spline.

Is that how they do the boat movement? I wonder if boats were originally intended to have a greater purpose.

Search for boatfishing under the packin category and you'll be able to reference multiple locations where they've used it.

41 minutes ago, Merope said:

The pulley systems all seem to use a packin with boatfishing01 in the name. I dragged it into a testcell and it was an actual boat with pulleys acting as start and end points linked by a bendable spline.

Is that how they do the boat movement? I wonder if boats were originally intended to have a greater purpose.

Search for boatfishing under the packin category and you'll be able to reference multiple locations where they've used it.

Thanks for looking, but I'm not sure where to search for that or what a test cell is? Is that just using the console in game or an external programme?

17 hours ago, KitKatKseniya said:

Thanks for looking, but I'm not sure where to search for that or what a test cell is? Is that just using the console in game or an external programme?

In the creation kit. It wouldn't work to just spawn one in via console as there looks like there's a fair bit of setup to go with it.

It would be a cool mod though. To add as a settlement item. Maybe build the pulley objects separately and then when adding a wire/spline it could autodetect and spawn and link the other parts. Are we sure no one has done something similar? Usually when I think something would be a good idea, I look on Nexus and someone has already done it (better).

37 minutes ago, Merope said:

In the creation kit. It wouldn't work to just spawn one in via console as there looks like there's a fair bit of setup to go with it.

It would be a cool mod though. To add as a settlement item. Maybe build the pulley objects separately and then when adding a wire/spline it could autodetect and spawn and link the other parts. Are we sure no one has done something similar? Usually when I think something would be a good idea, I look on Nexus and someone has already done it (better).

Not to my knowledge and I use a lot of the settlement building mods but there's always a chance I've missed one

Archived