Getting back into modding Fallout, what are the go-to mods?

It's been a long long time since I've fired up and modded the Fallout games, and I was curious if there's a good place to start in going through the process again. As far as the basic mods to get the game in good working order, looking nice, setting up Tale of Two Wastelands to link 3 and NV (not sure if that works with Sex mods these days?), and then from there setting up sex mods. I haven't touched any of it in so long it's pretty daunting figuring out what's best to use, what's outdated, etc.

Sorry for the vague question. It would be amazing if there were any relatively new and updated lists of must-have mods, or a torrent for a full setup (unlikely I know, but it's worth asking, right?). I'd much appreciate a point in the right direction, or some suggestions. Thanks!

22 minutes ago, dborg2 said:

I'm mostly advertising myself here, but

Do note that the TTW section is for TTW 2.9 and not necessarily for the newer TTW version. (I believe fertile breeder has a conversion option)

Hoo boy, that is quite the list! I appreciate it, that looks like a pretty damn good place to start.

What's the best mod manager to use these days? I used to use Nexus' one, but it was terrible and I think everyone moved away from it, then I was using Mod Organizer I believe, which worked nicely, but I think that one has issues too now. What's the best in your opinion?

3 hours ago, VulpineScream said:

Hoo boy, that is quite the list! I appreciate it, that looks like a pretty damn good place to start.

What's the best mod manager to use these days? I used to use Nexus' one, but it was terrible and I think everyone moved away from it, then I was using Mod Organizer I believe, which worked nicely, but I think that one has issues too now. What's the best in your opinion?

I use mod organizer myself. Connecting to nexus is troublesome, so you'll have to manually install mods through it, but that goes for most other mod managers.

Just don't have FNV installed in a Program Files-directory and it should be fine.

8 minutes ago, dborg2 said:

I use mod organizer myself. Connecting to nexus is troublesome, so you'll have to manually install mods through it, but that goes for most other mod managers.

Just don't have FNV installed in a Program Files-directory and it should be fine.

Maybe I'll just stick with that since I know it better anyhow. Thanks. ??

Archived