Dragon Quest Sword&Shield of Roto and Supreme Sword of Light

View File

This mod contains the original Sword+Shield of Roto and Supreme Sword of Light.

You can post screenshots of the mod in game and I will add them in the main page.

Credits:

coremediawiz: Screenshots

SquareEnix: Dragon Quest XI

Dude that made ninja ripper

Sets00na: Porting

So... decided to try this out since I love Roto/Loto's Sword, and the shield is pretty neat too. Both swords look great in Skyrim, but the shield's textures seem to be bugged; it just shows up as a solid lavender lump of metal. I've confirmed the texture file for the shield is there, but I get the feeling something is wrong internally or the texture file's name is wrong. Heck if I know which.

Edit: Decided to poke at the mod file with a stick and found that when I tried to preview the shield, it reported a "missing texture" along with a folder path that your mod doesn't add. Making me wonder if you forgot to shift the textures to the same file path and actually make it (textures\armor\DQ) or you forgot to fix the path for the mod to find the texture.

Edit 2: I went ahead and made the file path the mod tries to reference for the shield and shoved the texture files in there. That ended up fixing the problem. Might want to either address that in the mod description or fix it in the archive. Shield looks fantastic now.

1 hour ago, SacredCaedeus said:

So... decided to try this out since I love Roto/Loto's Sword, and the shield is pretty neat too. Both swords look great in Skyrim, but the shield's textures seem to be bugged; it just shows up as a solid lavender lump of metal. I've confirmed the texture file for the shield is there, but I get the feeling something is wrong internally or the texture file's name is wrong. Heck if I know which.

Edit: Decided to poke at the mod file with a stick and found that when I tried to preview the shield, it reported a "missing texture" along with a folder path that your mod doesn't add. Making me wonder if you forgot to shift the textures to the same file path and actually make it (textures\armor\DQ) or you forgot to fix the path for the mod to find the texture.

Edit 2: I went ahead and made the file path the mod tries to reference for the shield and shoved the texture files in there. That ended up fixing the problem. Might want to either address that in the mod description or fix it in the archive. Shield looks fantastic now.

Shit, I didn't know, will check. Thanks for reporting.

Edit: Its' done. Textures were place at the correct folder.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible we could see a port of this for special edition or any other dragon quest weaponry? I happen to be a rather big fan of the series and I'd love to have these to use in special edition, plus the other weapons in the series all look amazing and could easily work with Skyrim!

On 3/4/2019 at 9:24 AM, coremediawiz said:

Took some screenshots for you. Unfortunately, the shield doesn't like shield racks much. 

Hide contents

72850_20190304061041_1.png.ebcb1bb2cec61221ed0831c8721fe8b9.png72850_20190304061132_1.png.3e7c9fc33596928f14e581727053a50f.png72850_20190304061230_1.png.aaad94fedcec5344c024c5d70d89ec62.png72850_20190304061313_1.png.5922cfe1600e6d58263790b564518dd5.png72850_20190304063331_1.png.f34d1841c7d907031cde0dfa18e32442.png72850_20190304063412_1.png.4ec2ec8e03c7630a56042523553418e6.png72850_20190304065127_1.png.584d2ca7ab44946eed3882901c42bc30.png

Thanks. Will see if I can get my lazy ass up and add them in the front download page.

17 hours ago, skyrimdragon said:

Is it possible we could see a port of this for special edition or any other dragon quest weaponry? I happen to be a rather big fan of the series and I'd love to have these to use in special edition, plus the other weapons in the series all look amazing and could easily work with Skyrim!

I was thinking about that. I... might. If there is anything else interesting (and umodel gets updated instead of using ninja ripper)  Yeah, why not.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 4:10 AM, Sets00na said:

Thanks. Will see if I can get my lazy ass up and add them in the front download page.

I was thinking about that. I... might. If there is anything else interesting (and umodel gets updated instead of using ninja ripper)  Yeah, why not.

That's good to hear, I look forward to it!

• 1 month later...

Hello again, I am just checking in to see how things were progressing with the idea of making a port to special edition or if you had any other neato weapons you had considered making from the dragon quest series. I realize that these things do take time so I apologise if I come across as pestering... but I have been eager to see what comes of your works!

Well, it's not like it takes A LOT of time, just some scaling, fixing the textures, sometimes nifskope is a complete douche bag, sometimes i'm missing some texture or it's just the engine being a bitch. It varies. But yeah I had some ideas for what I'm gonna port next. But first I have to fix my Lightnin's weapon mods from LR FFXIII, one of the weapons texture coordinates is wrong. (and I'm also taking a rest)

That's understandable but I'm glad that you're considering it. I also hope fixing your lightning weapon mods goes well as I am sure it'd look really neat once fixed. Also, taking a break is probably smart too since I can relate to burnout with modelling etc. Well, I'll be here watching and waiting to see what comes next. ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/23/2019 at 3:16 PM, SacredCaedeus said:

Hrm... Something that I've noticed is the shield's texture seems... mirrored? Reversed? It currently reads "otoR" and not "Roto." Might want to address that. Also is there any chance we'll see a sheathe for at least Roto's Sword? I've seen one for the sword in DQ11 which is why I ask.

Thanks for telling me that, I will check it when I get the chance, for the sheathe,I will need to use the heroe's model from ssbu because I couldn't find it in game .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/12/2019 at 10:43 PM, Sets00na said:

View File

This mod contains the original Sword+Shield of Roto and Supreme Sword of Light.

You can post screenshots of the mod in game and I will add them in the main page.

Credits:

where is the supreme sword of light?

coremediawiz: Screenshots

SquareEnix: Dragon Quest XI

Dude that made ninja ripper

Sets00na: Porting

• 5 months later...