Converting gameplay elements from New Vegas to Fallout 4

Synthael

I have a bit of modding experience, mostly it was in FoNV, where I learned to mod properly, by learning from other mods and many threads on this forum. And one of the things I liked the most in FoNV was Caravan, I played it whenever and wherever I could. And lately, after a talk with my old modding buddy, we came to an idea of trying to transfer the Caravan mini game to Commonwealth.

In your opinion, how hard would it be? Card meshes shouldn't be so hard to make, it's just a flat rectangle with simple textures. What I'm worried about is the scripting work. I can just copy the scripts, but I think they wouldn't work and would need a complete rework.

Definetely a complete rework.

I was always being charmed by the minigames, since I found myself playing texas hold em in a shack on a sunny beach in Far Cry 3. I though more than once to make some extra minigames in NV but the idea of making a decent and competitive AI scared me too much. Personally, I think that part would be harder than the technical realization per se.

Archived