[HELP] Changing armor slots

I tried to change the armor slot of keungs FurSet poncho from slot 46 to 56. I changed it in both 0 and 1 nifs for all NiTriShapes. Double and triple checked. Then changed all poncho armors and armor addons from slot 46 to 56 in TesVEdit. Double and triple checked. The poncho is still invisible as if I missed something. Tried to check it in CreationKit and it tells me that the poncho in the masterfile uses an invalid biped object slot 56 for race 'DefaultRace'.

Anyone with any good advice?

1 hour ago, Agamemnonstop said:

I tried to change the armor slot of keungs FurSet poncho from slot 46 to 56. I changed it in both 0 and 1 nifs for all NiTriShapes. Double and triple checked. Then changed all poncho armors and armor addons from slot 46 to 56 in TesVEdit. Double and triple checked. The poncho is still invisible as if I missed something. Tried to check it in CreationKit and it tells me that the poncho in the masterfile uses an invalid biped object slot 56 for race 'DefaultRace'.

I don't know about the rest, but the CK will complain about any of the "unknown" slots as invalid for Default Race.  I looked once to see if there was a way to make them valid but didn't find anything, so I just have been ignoring that error for years.

1 hour ago, Agamemnonstop said:

Hi there

First question when you changed the partition in the NIF did you change all three parts? Scarf / Fur1 / Fur2

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f9aad5763259386eb4ab007cd9c67ac1.png

6 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Hi there

First question when you changed the partition in the NIF did you change all three parts? Scarf / Fur1 / Fur2

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.f9aad5763259386eb4ab007cd9c67ac1.png

Yes I did on both 0 and 1 nifs in NifSkope and on the poncho project in Outfit studio.

2nd question 

In CK there are 7 different armor and 7 armorAA records that need to be changed numbered variants 0-6 did you change all of them?

I only changed the 7 fur poncho armors and 7 magefur armors and all 14 addons from armor slot 46 to 56 in TesVEdit, but nothing else.

3rd question

are you using a custom race?

Yes, I use Ningheim.

5 hours ago, Agamemnonstop said:

Also, when I tried changing slot for a belt to armor slot 58 it worked. But even if I custom build the belt to my pc's body it doesn't match any longer. Starting to give up on this armor slot changing stuff.

Its easier if you share your nif files and esp. her or PM.

7 hours ago, Agamemnonstop said:

Yes I did on both 0 and 1 nifs in NifSkope and on the poncho project in Outfit studio.

after changing the project did you then re-run bodyslide? 

Just changing the project won't affect the in-game item. The project creates the nif when you run BS, and the game only cares about the nif. 

On 2/3/2019 at 4:40 PM, Corsayr said:

after changing the project did you then re-run bodyslide? 

Just changing the project won't affect the in-game item. The project creates the nif when you run BS, and the game only cares about the nif. 

Yes I did.

14 minutes ago, Agamemnonstop said:

Yes I did.

Next question

are you using d_rail1602's "Custom Races" mod?

This is copied from a post related to jewelry not showing up on custom races, but may provide a potential fix for your problem as well. 

Spoiler

To everyone having the "Invisible Jewelry" problem, like I was--I found out how to fix it through trial and error.

This fix assumes you are using d_rail1602's "Custom Races" mod. 

Just switching your ArmorRace does not work. You'll end up, more than likely, with an invisible body, or it simply will do nothing. It takes a few more steps to make it work right.

Back up your Customraces.esp file, then open and activate it in the CK.

Go down to the ArmorAddon list which is under Items. Find 000CustomNakedYX, where Y is the part (torso, hands, or feet) and X is the race. Open it.

You'll see under "Additional Races" that only the custom races are selected. This is why jewelry will not show up. For each part Y, make sure to also select the vanilla race X which corresponds to whatever race the custom race is, including its vampire form. Hit okay.

Next, go to the "Race" section under the character list. Find your custom race, open it, and change the "ArmorRace" option to whatever vanilla race corresponds to your custom race. Make sure "Morph Data" is also your corresponding vanilla race. Hit okay.

Save. Test it in game. If you borked something, or it didn't work for you, restore your back up.

So for example, I'm using the custom Imperial. I opened up the 000CustomNakedTorsoImperial object, and added "ImperialRace" and "ImperialRaceVampire" to the Additional Races selection area. I repeated this same set for 000CustomNakedFeetImperial and 000CustomNakedHandsImperial. Next I opened "CustomImperial" in the Race section, and changed the ArmorRace to "ImperialRace". I saved, loaded the game, then I tested it, and it worked! Problem fixed! This fix works on all jewelry, mod added or vanilla so far as I know. You don't even have to change any items to "DefaultRace".

You have to do some legwork to fix this problem. But it is worth it if you want the full jewelry experience.

I hope that helps! 

another possibility you should check first is to make sure that slot isn't being hidden by Devious devices (if you have that installed) You can check that in the MCM menu for DDI.

Spoiler

625920833_Fawn-LakeviewManorCellar2019-02-0412_42_09.thumb.png.1a85e92c90913c0aa4cac8e6248c52bc.png

Archived