FNV Alien Blaster for Skyrim (LE and SSE)

View File

Adds the Alien Blaster from Fallout: New Vegas to Skyrim. Functions like a staff that shoots a blue laser which disintegrates foes.

To acquire the blaster, you must steal it from the case inside the dwemer museum in Markarth. It will be deactivated, but by combining it with an Alien Power Cell at the forge you can restore its power.

It can be recharged with normal Soul Gems, or you can use the more fitting Alien Power Cells (yes, these also function as normal soul gems. it's alien tech, I ain't gotta explain shit)

More Power Cells can be crafted at the forge. How many made at a time depends on what level of Soul Gem you use. So in a way, it's an "upgrade" to your soul gems, as the power cells have the equivalent recharge power of a Grand gem but are cheaper to acquire.

Included is a patch for the LE version that makes the blaster line up better in your character's hand if you're using Pistol Shooting Animations. If you're not using that mod, however, I recommend sticking with the normal version, which looks better with vanilla staff animations. Whatever animation replacer you use for staves might make the guns look odd when held, but it's fairly easy to fix in NifSkope if it bothers you.

REQUIREMENTS:
Skyrim. No other mods needed. DLC might be required.

View File

On 2/3/2019 at 3:06 PM, CyberGox said:

Thx for sharing mod! However, I got the mentioned issue with strange weapon positioning. Any advice or guide how to fix it via nifskope, please? Simply rotating model won't work.

The position won't be perfect no matter what, because it's using staff animations for something that's not a staff. The way it is currently has third person oddities but was designed to look better in first person, as that's the view you'll likely be in when firing a gun anyways.

And yes, rotating is the way to adjust it. Make sure to rotate each of the NiTriShapes of the gun. Do not make edits to the root node (0 BSFadeNode). You can also adjust the translation (XYZ position) as well if you feel it will help.

When you're done, for each NiTriShape you right-click and do Transform > Apply or else the transformations might not display ingame.

Like I said, it will vary based on whatever you use for staff animations, so you will have to test it out ingame after each adjustment to see how it looks.

Spoiler

396988040_applytransformation.PNG.42cad5943af1b9c00ad0a443c2f8af89.PNG