Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth3 Ecchi MoD

Well now i can import the game models into Blender, there doesn't seem to be much that can be done but it might be possible to remove things such as skirts as long as the associated textures are rendered invisible. Though i still know nothing of using Blender nor texture editing softwares so i'm kinda stuck currently at just loading models and textures.

PS : Here's my first amateurish attempt. Done using the instructions i managed to translate. I just removed the skirt from Neptune's model that is used by most of her battle outfits

Spoiler

1872465754_Neptunewithoutskirt.png.103b4acbc42ee7d2ea9d89380add0d7d.png

I can remove some other things such as the collar or the bracelets but the rest can only be done by editing the textures which i'm not able to do at this time.

I'd have to learn to edit the model instead of just cutting parts off too to manage the rest so that when the texture is edited it follow the natural body line instead of the clothes.

PPS : I might also need to learn to make better screenshots. I never make some so the quality is a bit lacking.

@Aximili great work there, nice to see that you are working on the models. 

For smaller projects, you could look into removing ribbons and such stuff from the swimsuit models. 

on the 2D part, i worked on Cave and turned her Dress into a Corset and also reworked her already boobified boobs a bit, so that they fall just as clothless breats should do.

Hope you all like the changes:

Spoiler

087c0199j7xc1i7zg.jpg 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/33sg1mpnel7xmb5/0671.zip/file

Edit: in rebirth:2 this Cave can go into folder 641

Edit: White Heart has an alternate Version. i used the one from earlier to change that one too. almost same model as 0182, once again a perky and a flat version included:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1r22oguhpywwpd4/0181.zip/file 

@Avia Already working on it, i'm removing as much as i can safely remove without damaging the model which is mostly the skirt and some accessories on the upper part of the body.

The only thing i'm not sure about is the rest of the accessories that can safely be removed, should i remove them or not?

Well anyway, once i'm done with all characters, some of them should be ready for texture editting the same way you're currently doing. As an exemple, after removing all the stuff i could from Neptunia swimsuit including the ribbon that was left in already existing nude mods, simply editting the texture file associated to recolor le swimsuit so that it looks like skin, obviously including those parts usually covered by said swimsuit, would be all that's needed to finish this battle model. Although i'm sometime forced to leave some textures here and there that also need some skin recoloring to not make holes in the model.

All that is still only basic works as long as i don't figure out how to edit the models properly but it should allow someone able to edit texture to make fully nude model for the swimsuits while making pantyless models for the rest of the outifs.

Also here's my preliminary work on Neptune other models and Noire basic one

Spoiler

921646904_NeptuneSchoolgirl.png.173a38bf7e571c68402d1fb66e9e235f.png1416386635_NeptuneSwimsuit.png.309ca95154e38d2419ddbcedde8b650d.png760619177_NeptuneIdol.png.9739701c276ca852232c6b64a075d24e.pngNoire.png.35f505602f3000ad11cc64a3ce986e04.png

Since i didn't have the Neptune Idol costume in game i had to get a screenshot from blender instead. All other costume I have in game for Neptune are just recolors of the basic one and the swimsuit, so as the model has been edited, they all are skirtless. Although the textures need to be worked on separatly, just a copy paste of the recolored section should do the trick since the placements in the files are exaclty the same (they have to be to fit the same model).

Also as you can see, Neptune's Idol costume and Noire basic one have a band around the waist that also needs recoloring.

Strangely, not visible in the screenshot provided, there is some kind of artefact at the back of Neptune's swimsuit which doesn't appear in Blender. It's not overly visible but i'll have to take a look at it.

I just had a terrible idea : If you want fully naked battle models, why not take a model that doesn't actually need much work aside from coloring (a.k.a swimsuit) and use it in place of the other models? What do you know, it acually works, obviously once you apply the textures to it it's an horrible mess to look at, but that's also easily fixed by reusing the texture that goes with said model.

But that only works for those characters that have swimsuits without much needed work. And if you don't mind ending up with fully naked model no matter which costume you equip.

great work with the models. I took a look at the neptunia-swimsuit and changed the existing mod a bit. it will be hard to get smooth transitions between the different parts, but it should be possible.

what i noticed, and what was already present before you stripped the ribbons and stuff from the swimsuit - on her back are two small dents - is that fixable?

also .. it would be great to give her somewhat of an ass. her butt looks very flat, due to the missing cloth, skin-texture looks a bit strange. 

Spoiler

artefacts just above the skirt-line:

78xpo7xgvp5j72gzg.jpg

blue line, begone!

n7nocs4xfdlnbv2zg.jpg 

That's the artefact like thing i talked about that doesn't appear in Blender, technically it should be possible to fix it just by erasing the part of the texture that makes it visible, the difficulty lies in finding said part especially since it doesn't show up in Blender thus i'll have to launch and quit the game each time i make some changes to the texture file until i've found it and fixed it.

Normally using the tools provided, those vertex should have been removed from the model as they wheren't used anymore, and so i could leave the texture file as its originally was once i removed the skirt as there where no vertex let to which those texture could be applied, but it seems some where missed by the tools. Rendering that associated part of the texture file transparent will do the trick. Even if some vertex are left other, with transparent textures applied to them it won't matter.

I removed the skirt from the model making it works with all costumes sharing the same model no matter which texture is used, but the same effect can be achieved by working on each separate texture and rendering the parts pertaining to the skirt transparent.

I'll still need to learn to use Blender properly if i want to edit costumes such as the default one for Neptune, currently if i tried to remove the upper part using the sme method i'd end up with a floating head and arms and the lower half of a body since there are no vertex under the clothes.

As for the ass being a bit flat, it was originally that way, so that how it was intended to looks like. But like the rest of the body it should be editable with Blender.

when you want to view your changes ingame faster, you can just switch to a different character in the equipment menu, change the files and then choose the character again - it works only the fly that way without the need to restart the whole game. you should just try not to change the one that you are looking at, at the moment. 

oh, and about the butt. its flat because the swimsuit pushed into a flat shape. clothes happen to have that behaviour of changing a body, so removing them will change the body too. i guess its easier to change the 2D part, yet it would be great if you can look into the backsides of those who can lose their clothing

Well once i'm able to edit model properly (if i ever manage to get there) i'll look into it.

For now i tried just what you said and it indeed worked. I even managed to figure out the issue with the swimsuit but i have no solution as of now. The issue is in fact caused by the shadows of the removed skirt, I even tried removing the bracelets and the sandals and got the same shadowy effect in their places. But as of yet i don't know anything about removing shadows from a model...

Maybe there's something in the instructions of the tools that I haven't translated yet, I only translated the basic usage instructions. I'll probably have to get back to it since chances are that i'll also have this issue with other models.

I'll be spending some time before going back to editing models gathering all the outfits i'm missing in game (school uniforms and idol outfits) so that i can test them properly and translating those tools instructions just to be sure i'm not missing something which would help me get rid of those shadows. I'm not good at translating japanese so some help from someone who can read japanese would be appreciated, but i'll get it done anyway if there's no one.

After that i'll probably do a first pass on all models to remove what can safely be removed before going further. Skirtless models are still better than nothing.

7 hours ago, pop_pop_pop said:

I found the cause of the artifact.

The weights of the surrounding vertices are set to root only, but the disturbed points are different.

I think it will be repaired if you repaint the weights.

Reveal hidden contents

vertex_weight.jpg.95a8f5fe5540899a171130d5f95b23ae.jpgvertex_weight2.jpg.90d7b4f4cc79e81702fdb5b6016b0e11.jpg

Thank you for the information, for now i can't do anything about that since i simply don't know how to yet. But knowing the cause should make it easier to fix.

As for my current goals, I've just finished gathering the outfits I still didn't have in game. They simply wouln't drop from those hidden treasure spots thus i got fed up and used cheat engine to get them as monster drops, much less hassle. Trying to get them the proper way was clearly a waste of time. I'll be able to test things in game.

Now, back to translating those tools instructions.

@NovaRain i have no problem with you putting my files into a compilation for the first post. But it would be nice if you can somehow put more info about different versions into it, so that users both get the knowledge of their existence and an info about which version represents what.

Took a while to get the next model out here. This time i made three different versions of Iris Heart.

- For the first Version i only removed some pieces of cloth around her waist and made the Bra into some kind of strap around her breasts. It is more revealing while still being SFW

- The second one is obviously a NSFW version where i split the string of the Bra into V forms and formed a bondage outfit for her, removing the rest of the bra. Sadly i had to leave the shape of the breasts, i dont like that fake shapes, but its very hard to change the shape while upholding the clothing around it. also i removed the pants, but thats not really shown ingame..

- Third part is of course a nude version where i remade her boobs from scratch

Spoiler

1. Version:

gzjg6ggl9aana7qzg.jpg

2. Version:

b6fe99dhj194icnzg.jpg 

3. Version:

fm4x8xjbc5q8t8azg.jpg 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/47oay3yoyu690gp/0051.zip/file

Edit: Rename the one you want to use into tex_all.tid 

Edit2: Arfoire

the shadows, shape of boobs and the enormous size of her hands (really, take a look at that massively big hand) are done by IF! .. its not my fault :D

Spoiler

r1oa5pm4vci1q51zg.jpg 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6q3kt0x4t4oj0pw/0431.zip/file 

p.s. if anyone can provide, i'd need a screenshot of Black Sister from ReBirth:3 - i dont know what the shadows on her body represent and how her hair is used on her. i'm also not sure where the bottom part is cut off and if i need to get into detail when removing panties

@Avia Mini-Histy? There's an even smaller version of Histoire?! I didn't remember that. It seems that it's been too long since i played this game. Or more like i played too many Neptunia games and it's kind of mixed up in my memories especially since i remember more easily the details from Neptunia VII and Sega Hard Girls.

PS : For Black Sister, does it have to be an event screenshot or would one in battle do? Also maybe this one from the PSVita version of Re;Birth 2 that i found with google would be enougth

Spoiler

1382386881_PurpleSisterBlackSister.jpg.3cc1bdc4db5d9956f4ac72ec8fb1bfb0.jpg

11 hours ago, Aximili said:

PS : For Black Sister, does it have to be an event screenshot or would one in battle do? Also maybe this one from the PSVita version of Re;Birth 2 that i found with google would be enougth

Reveal hidden contents

1382386881_PurpleSisterBlackSister.jpg.3cc1bdc4db5d9956f4ac72ec8fb1bfb0.jpg

Rebirth2 has two different costumes for Black sister ( 701 and 702 ).  Unfortunately that screenshot shows the one that wasn't reused in rebirth3.

I thought I'd take a quick look to try and find an event which used black sister.  In nutshell I grabbed a 100% level 999 save off the web and skipped through from start to the true end.  I found examples for every character but black sister.  So either the asset is unused, or is extremely rare ( maybe just used somewhere in the good ending )?

BTW in case it helps, uni/etc don't show up until you reach either the good/true end chapters.

Well i'm making progress, i've translated some parts of the tools, i've also managed to edit Neptune's swimsuit model using blender so that it should be fixed, but now i'm stuck finding out how to export the edited model back into an ism2 file.

PS : The problem seems to come from the export tool itself, trying to edit the ism2 model file using the data exported from Blender gives me some error message, message that I can't read because 1: they're in japanese, and 2: my local is not japanese. I'll try some more things and hope i manage to make it work. I'll also go back to working on the other models. And maybe installing either Re;Birth1 or Re;Birth2 to see if Neptune's swimsuit model also had the same error back then. If not it would be an easy way to fix it. Anyway, expect more skirtless models soon, at least those i know i can do easily enougth.

@agent57 I have a save file at the beginning of the true end chapter, but finding an event with Black Sister will still be hard and time consuming. i'll still try to but if battle models screenshots are enougth for Avia it would be easier as i at least have Uni in my party and can thus use Black Sister.

@Aximili thanks for the screenshot, even though its not the one used in Rebirth:3, the difference isnt big and it shows me everything i need to know to let her show everything she has.

Edit: now here is a Version of Black Sister, that should work: i cant test it out myself. The ring is seperated

Spoiler

pwtu5gct7dwwycmzg.jpg 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/thigw7c68nvz93q/0621.zip/file 

Edit: i worked on my first Version of Cybercon and can release her now.

Spoiler

acn6pa5l2aqazf9zg.jpg 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0xnnc5hnbtxop40/1021.zip/file

about this file: this is not located in the normal Game folder, but in: Neptools\DLC\NRB3DLC000000003\DL01\event\mp\1021 

it is the same file then in the normal folder 551, but somehow it uses the DLC folder version ingame and not the base game version

blacksis.thumb.png.93be0f045a325e310bb686a0e038e5fe.png

Ok I had a brainwave.  In a nutshell, I extracted the contents of GAME00002.pac via nr2_unpacker.exe, then copied the face.mpb file from the extracted 0621 ( black sis ) folder into 0021 ( purple heart ).  That allowed me to put your black sis mod into 0021 and have her show up as purple heart.

Long story short, the mod works as expected ;).  You could probably use this technique to replace other problematic characters ( eg replace  mini histy with regular histy  :p ).

@agent57 I already planned to use this method, or at least try, if i don't manage to edit the game models with the changes i've made in Blender. But i didn't think to use said method to make screenshots of Black Sister, it would have just been a matter of finding an event, see which character appear in said event, then replace it with Black Sister.

@Avia If the ring like accessory is separated from the body, you can probably just render it invisible by making it's texture transparent. Technically you could also make the arms nude but it would greatly increase the work needed to do so. And i don't think people min the arms as they are now. Aside from that, great work as always. As for Cyberconnect2 being in a DLC folder, that is because the following characters (Broccoli, Cave, Falcom, 5pb, Marvelous AQL, MAGES, Cyberconnect2, RED and Tekken) became playable with the 3rd DLC, so while some assets are present in the basic game since they appear in events even if not playable, some do come from the DLC. So what you're seeing is probably an event linked to said DLC.

Truth be told, it was your earilier comments that gave me the idea. 

It would be interesting to be able to decompile the contents of face.mpb.  If we had an understanding of how the game used it to position the texture elements, one could theoretically modify events completely at will ( different poses/etc ).  Alas I'm not aware of any method todo so.

10 minutes ago, agent57 said:

Truth be told, it was your earilier comments that gave me the idea. 

It would be interesting to be able to decompile the contents of face.mpb.  If we had an understanding of how the game used it to position the texture elements, one could theoretically modify events completely at will ( different poses/etc ).  Alas I'm not aware of any method todo so.

Neither am I and i don't think one currently exist. Even the tools i'm currently using are not perfect, which is why i'm having trouble implementing the changes i made to the model back into the game model. The export script for Blender seems to make some errors. It is probably possible to fix those errors manually but an understanding of vertices and Compile Heart's ism2 model data structure is required. That way it would just be a matter of finding the vertices with abnormal weight in the data and fix said weight.

@agent57 thanks for verifiying that the model works. 

I know that i could just delete the ring, but most of those extra items have special movement, that would mess with the layer below if not present, just like Falcoms right boob without scarf. This is one reason to keep such items, and also i dont completely nudify the models, because the reason to do the mods in the first place is not 100% nudity, but aestethically causual nudity. as mentioned in my very first post on this thread, just imagine the power of them increase with less clothes worn and that results in the whole society open to wear more revealing outfits. 

since those boob-cutouts do not fit that style, i started making those changes. 

It would not be hard to change arms, and i even changed some of the arm-textures before, but i think its just more appleasing to leave them as they are

@Aximili about cybercon, i know that most of those chars come from DLCs, but Cybercon is litteraly the only character in Rebirth:3, that has a model in the DLC folder. all others are managed through the base game folders, since the DLCs did not include additional characters (the new one seems to be the first)

16 hours ago, Aximili said:

Well i'm making progress, i've translated some parts of the tools, i've also managed to edit Neptune's swimsuit model using blender so that it should be fixed, but now i'm stuck finding out how to export the edited model back into an ism2 file.

PS : The problem seems to come from the export tool itself, trying to edit the ism2 model file using the data exported from Blender gives me some error message, message that I can't read because 1: they're in japanese, and 2: my local is not japanese. I'll try some more things and hope i manage to make it work. I'll also go back to working on the other models. And maybe installing either Re;Birth1 or Re;Birth2 to see if Neptune's swimsuit model also had the same error back then. If not it would be an easy way to fix it. Anyway, expect more skirtless models soon, at least those i know i can do easily enougth.

@agent57 I have a save file at the beginning of the true end chapter, but finding an event with Black Sister will still be hard and time consuming. i'll still try to but if battle models screenshots are enougth for Avia it would be easier as i at least have Uni in my party and can thus use Black Sister.

If you have only corrected the vertex weights, it is assumed that the error is caused by the vertex weights not being normalized or the number of weight data per vertex being 5 or more.

Sorry for not explaining well. I am not good at English.

On 5/31/2019 at 2:12 PM, pop_pop_pop said:

If you have only corrected the vertex weights, it is assumed that the error is caused by the vertex weights not being normalized or the number of weight data per vertex being 5 or more.

Sorry for not explaining well. I am not good at English.

Well i did see something about normalization in the tool's instruction but that and whatever follow are actually all that's left for me to translate. It proved much to technical for me to properly translate with my meagre japanese understanding with machine translation. And i've always been more of a practical learner than a theorical one so i'd probably be able to understand it even whitout translating if only i had some working examples. I'll keep trying, but while doing so i'm also working on editing models again, at least the easy part of removing whatever piece of clothing i can using the basic options of the tool.

@Avia True Cyberconnect2 is the only character with an event texture in a DLC. For models though there are several of them for several characters in DLCs, especially the latest one which brought Uzume and Orange Heart into this game.

Currently i'd say i made the first pass on Neptune, Noire and Blanc's clothing. I've also started working on Vert's clothing. But here's a question for you guys,

Which would you prefer ?

1 - Skirtless models (leave every thing else as is, it'd still be better than nothing)

2 - Remove most things (including accessories) to pave the path for fully nude models (if i ever manage to edit those models directly)

3 - Remove everything that can be removed without making obvious holes in the model (meaning that some holes might be visible depending of the angle showing how the arms and sometime the neck aren't properly connected. It'd need less work than option 2 to fix later though)

An example of option 1 would be Neptune's main costume that i already posted, An example of option 2 would be Neptune's swimsuit that i also posted but without the accessories and the sandals. And bellow an exemple of option 3

Spoiler

Blanc.png.7edebe5565db9f8ed4298546c6d9cf1f.png739666487_Blanc2.png.971b6bf312df6c135e580356e3afbc1b.png

As you can see a lot could be removed and while it seems fine looking at it from the front, When looking closer you can see that the sleaves are actually what serves as the arms, and they are not actually connected to the body because the shoulders are missing. Also you can't see this in the screenshots the she's actually floating several centimeters above the ground because the shoes where removed. Fixing this in Blender would mean making transforming the sleeves into proper arms while connecting them properly to the body while lowering the model a little so that it touch the ground. Which i can't actually do as of now. But it is still possible to recolor the clothings so that the character is mostly naked.

PS : I haven't posted screenshots of Vert's main clothing but that is the reason i'm asking this question, while there is no holes, there's an obvious defect at the neck where the head and the body are attached that was covered by an accessory, removing said accessory made it clearly visible.