Extracting armor

KainsChylde

So there's this mod, Rhyme Renegade. Its an ok quest mod. Didn't like it, didn't hate it. But there's an armor in the mod that I love, Steampunk Boba Fett. How would I go about extracting that armor into its own plugin?

Edit: In case anyone's worried about helping me pirate someone else's work, I only want this for personal use.

Open FNVEdit, find the armor entry under the Armor branch, right click the armor you want, copy as new record in file, select new, name your plugin, remember formid for adding the armor with the console, save.

You could also open your new plugin in GECK and place the armor in the gameworld somewhere, if you don't want to use the console.

Now for the more complicated part. How do I go about tracking down the meshes and textures to copy over into my new mod so I can uninstall the old one?

Edit: Or actually, since finding the mesh and texture stuff in the mod folder was easy, how do I go about linking my new .esp to the new mesh and texture locations?

You don't actually have to change anything in that regard, afaik. The new record contains the same information about mesh and texture paths, so there shouldn't be any extra work. Unless you want to change them, of course. But since you want to use it for private stuff, I don't really see why you would want to do that. Just delete all the other stuff you don't want from his mod.

Archived