Game freezes when removing clothing.

Kain82

I am having a problem.  When creating a character and removing their clothing using LooksMenu the game freezes.  I installed AAF and it's addon's by the letter according to this thread: 

Here is my modlist.  The ones with the =1 next to them are the active ones.

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
Robot Home Defence.esm=0
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
SimSettlements.esm=1
WorkshopFramework.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
AAF.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
XunMicroBikini.esl=1
UltraInteriorLighting.esp=1
PlayerComments.esp=1
NoraSpouse.esp=0
BTInteriors_Project.esp=1
FO4LaserBolts.esp=1
FO4LaserBolts - NormalBlue.esp=1
FO4LaserBolts - InstituteRed.esp=1
Mama Murphys Chair Redone.esp=1
HDCreaturesRework.esp=1
TrueReporter.esp=0
CBBE.esp=0
UltraInteriorLighting_Automatron.esp=1
HN66Fo4_Nails.esp=1
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
THBrows.esp=1
LMBTOverlays.esp=1
ChineseStealthSuit.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
ImprovedBoS.esp=1
FALLOUT4WT.esp=1
Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp=1
Eli_ArmourCollection.esp=1
Armorsmith Elianora.esp=1
Grim_Bowsette.esp=1
Grim_BowsetteBodysuit.esp=1
Deathclaw Hunter Armor.esp=1
Deathclaw Hunter - AWKCR Patch.esp=1
XunMicroBikini.esp=1
rpampas.esp=1
b_lpampas.esp=1
TERADeathshell.esp=1
TERAKynaArmor.esp=1
TERAPirate.esp=1
TERABusinessCasual.esp=1
TERACastanicHA15.esp=1
TERAPunk.esp=1
TERARogue.esp=1
TERASwimwear.esp=1
Evil Detective Outfit.esp=1
Dickys Pinup Outfit.esp=1
HN66Fo4_EasyGirl_BS.esp=1
BlackRoseRedux.esp=1
NSA All-in-One.esp=1
jdmSofaSurfer.esp=1
Splinterz.esp=1
ImprovedBoS-Automatron.esp=1
BoS Pilot Uniform.esp=1
Brotherhood of Steel Kit.esp=1
BetterSynthRelayGrenadesNoSquads.esp=0
zBSRGSynthFactionsNoSquads.esp=0
NanotechWaterpump_FoodWaterHappy.esp=1
AS_Institute_Workstations.esp=1
CompanionIvy.esp=0
Eli_Faction Housing Overhaul - AiO.esp=1
BTInt_Optimization.esp=1
Stm_DiamondCityExpansion.esp=1
EFF.esp=1
W.A.T.Minutemen.esp=1
MakeYourOwnSynths.esp=0
BunkerHillMinPatrol.esp=1
SettlementTeleporters.esp=0
FO4 NPCs Travel.esp=1
ImprovedBoS_FH.esp=1
BostonAirport_WorkshopFix.esp=1
HomePlateConnected.esp=1
Institute Heavy Weaponry.esp=1
IP4APA.esp=1
Synth Overhaul.esp=1
Synth Overhaul - White Patch.esp=1
RobotFactionPaint.esp=1
Enough About the Settlements Preston.esp=1
Minuteman_CB.esp=1
EvilViking13_MinutemenMorale.esp=1
MMP4APA-blue.esp=1
Artillery_Grenade.esp=1
el_AgentOutfit.esp=1
Expanded Railway Rifle Mods.esp=1
railroad_uniform.esp=1
RRP4APA.esp=1
Eli_Better Bobblehead Sorting.esp=1
DD_bobblehead_stands.esp=1
LongerPowerLines3x.esp=1
3dscopes-framework.esp=1
NoraSpouseV101LooksMenuAddon.esp=0
Dogmeat  A True Companion.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=0
HC_InstituteFastTravelDLC.esp=0
TinaDeLucaSettlerVoiced.esp=1
TinaDeLucaSettlerBrave.esp=1
Consistent Power Armor Overhaul.esp=1
Companion Infinite Ammo.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
KSHairdos_oel.esp=1
MiscHairstyle.esp=1
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp=1
LooksMirror.esp=1
SSEX.esp=1
SimSettlements_AddOnPack_SimTowers_JtBryant.esp=1
SimSettlements_AddOnPack_Foundations_JtBryant.esp=1
SimSettlements_AddOnPack_Utilities_JtBryant.esp=1
railroad_uniform_leveledList.esp=1
Realistic_conversations.esp=1
PlayerComments_UFO4P_Patch.esp=1
Prisoner Shackles.esp=1
VIO_Strap-On.esp=1
FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp=1
SavageCabbage_Animations.esp=1
Shino Poses.esp=1
ThraxActionPoses.esp=1
Crazy_Animations_Gun.esp=1
CumNWealth.esp=1
CumNWealth_mutant.esp=1
AAF_SEU.esp=1
AAFMorningSexWithLover.esp=1
AAF_VanillaFudge.esp=1
Animated_Fannies.esp=1
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp=1
Maggie_V8.esp=1
TheoN_v2.esp=1
StartMeUp.esp=1
StartMeUpFarHarborPatch.esp=1

21 minutes ago, DracoRaknar said:

It's a known issue, and (from what I understand) a problem within Looksmenu that we're awaiting a fix for. It only occurs in initial character creation.

19 minutes ago, cossayos said:

The latest edition of Looks Menu seems to create that problem. From what I gather it's pretty widespread.

Oh okay thank you for the responses.  I thought it was an error on my part.  The only reason I wanted to remove their clothing in character creation was to add tattoo's.  But hopefully Expired will return and fix the problem.

17 hours ago, Kain82 said:

Oh okay thank you for the responses.  I thought it was an error on my part.  The only reason I wanted to remove their clothing in character creation was to add tattoo's.  But hopefully Expired will return and fix the problem.

yeah it is really annoying

but what you can do is to remove your clothes before entering looksmenu later in the game

Okay there is another unrelated problem.  When in game after character creation I remove th clothing and both female and male are in their underwear, despite installing CBBE, animated fannies and EVB.  There is also a shadow at the male's throat.

Here is a picture:

20190122140618_1.jpg.a7830362afb183c645cec1364fff2205.jpg

Okay I have another problem.  Do I still need to create a Fallout4Custom.ini file?  When I add the following lines:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

and save the file.  When I launch the game it does not load.  It stays as a permanent black screen, forcing me to restart the computer.  When I remove the two entries, the game loads fine, but mods like the body mods I posted above don't work.  I've owned the game since release and never had this problem.  I need the ini file to make AAF work.  But when I add the two entries I posted above the games hangs while loading.

Can anyone help?  Or does anyone know if it's necessary to still create the Fallout4Custom.ini file?

On 1/23/2019 at 3:35 PM, Kain82 said:

Okay I have another problem.  Do I still need to create a Fallout4Custom.ini file?  When I add the following lines:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

and save the file.  When I launch the game it does not load.  It stays as a permanent black screen, forcing me to restart the computer.  When I remove the two entries, the game loads fine, but mods like the body mods I posted above don't work.  I've owned the game since release and never had this problem.  I need the ini file to make AAF work.  But when I add the two entries I posted above the games hangs while loading.

Can anyone help?  Or does anyone know if it's necessary to still create the Fallout4Custom.ini file?

Those lines are definitely needed in your Fallout4Custom.ini file. It sounds like something in your load order is causing the freeze when the game tries to load it. I don't see any obvious conflicts at first glance, but it's as a first step, it's definitely worth running  LOOT (if you're not using Vortex) and letting it sort your load order and find conflicts.

On 1/23/2019 at 1:35 PM, Kain82 said:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

this is from a post I have made about Boston Breeder but it might be helpful

now I might have had a similar problem to you so my problem is that it took forever to load fallout 4 regardless of mod selection.

here is a quick way to find out if you have the same problem.

go into your data folder and RENAME "sound" folder to "sound_2" DO NOT DELETE IT

and then run the game and if it loads a lot faster then you have the same problem as me

now my solution is a bit difficult, install a copy of creation kit and then find the program archive2

with the ba2 setting of General and no compression. start adding each sound folder to its own ba2 (it will take a while to do this)

for instance \Data\sound\voice\Boston Breeder.esp and \Data\sound\voice\Fallout 4.esm into Boston Breeder - Main.ba2 (check each mods zip file to find what has been added)

and then move(or delete) the loose files that you compressed into the ba2

otherwise just put up with the load times

17 hours ago, DracoRaknar said:

Those lines are definitely needed in your Fallout4Custom.ini file. It sounds like something in your load order is causing the freeze when the game tries to load it. I don't see any obvious conflicts at first glance, but it's as a first step, it's definitely worth running  LOOT (if you're not using Vortex) and letting it sort your load order and find conflicts.

17 hours ago, Invictaxe said:

this is from a post I have made about Boston Breeder but it might be helpful

now I might have had a similar problem to you so my problem is that it took forever to load fallout 4 regardless of mod selection.

here is a quick way to find out if you have the same problem.

go into your data folder and RENAME "sound" folder to "sound_2" DO NOT DELETE IT

and then run the game and if it loads a lot faster then you have the same problem as me

now my solution is a bit difficult, install a copy of creation kit and then find the program archive2

with the ba2 setting of General and no compression. start adding each sound folder to its own ba2 (it will take a while to do this)

for instance \Data\sound\voice\Boston Breeder.esp and \Data\sound\voice\Fallout 4.esm into Boston Breeder - Main.ba2 (check each mods zip file to find what has been added)

and then move(or delete) the loose files that you compressed into the ba2

otherwise just put up with the load times

Thanks for the replies.  I'll most likely just uninstall the game.  I was really looking forward to get some modding done.  But I've reinstalled New Vegas with mods plus high resolution textures and enb, and it works with no problems.

Archived