[Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.23

• 2 weeks later...

I have made the following changes:

- Added support for Tiny Living stuff pack.
- Added resource type checking to avoid confusion when opening custom packages where name maps contains resources other than sounds.
- High intensity is now default for emotional voices.

New version is 1.0.14

Thank you @Denton47:thumbsup:

I long wanted to ask, is it possible to make the "All" value for "Gamepack" option so that we could use the full list of sounds? This could be quite comfortable especially while searching for suitable sounds.

11.jpg

It seems you forgot to change version number in the tool window, it's still 1.0.13

22.jpg

On 2/12/2020 at 9:35 AM, wild_guy said:

Thank you @Denton47:thumbsup:

I long wanted to ask, is it possible to make the "All" value for "Gamepack" option so that we could use the full list of sounds? This could be quite comfortable especially while searching for suitable sounds.

11.jpg

It seems you forgot to change version number in the tool window, it's still 1.0.13

22.jpg

The reason I separate the packs is because the sound resources are located in the packs themselves, not in the main game files, so if you use a Tiny Living sound in an animation and someone who doesn't have Tiny Living installed plays the animation, then no sound will play.

I have re-uploaded the tool, I must have mixed up the versions.

On 1/28/2020 at 6:57 AM, Manly5000 said:

Hi all,

When I double-click the TS4SoundTool executable file, nothing happens.  The program simply doesn't load.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have tried using the Install_Dir.txt file if that info helps.

Thanks!

Same thing. Using Windows 10.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 9:41 PM, Denton47 said:

New version is 1.0.14

Hi @Denton47! I just saw that you published 1.0.15 version on MTS, are you going to continue updating your wonderful tool here as well?

I'm also wondering what's new in 1.0.15 version.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:46 PM, Denton47 said:

The reason I separate the packs is because the sound resources are located in the packs themselves, not in the main game files, so if you use a Tiny Living sound in an animation and someone who doesn't have Tiny Living installed plays the animation, then no sound will play.

I understand why you did this and I don't ask you to remove separate pack options, they are definitely useful.

But I ask you to add the additional "All" option if possible because it can make sound search much more comfortable in case I don't care about having or not having any DLC, i.e. in case of the global search among all of the currently available sounds in the game.

On 3/15/2020 at 12:04 PM, wild_guy said:

Hi @Denton47! I just saw that you published 1.0.15 version on MTS, are you going to continue updating your wonderful tool here as well?

I'm also wondering what's new in 1.0.15 version.

I understand why you did this and I don't ask you to remove separate pack options, they are definitely useful.

But I ask you to add the additional "All" option if possible because it can make sound search much more comfortable in case I don't care about having or not having any DLC, i.e. in case of the global search among all of the currently available sounds in the game.

There is nothing new in 1.0.15, I just added some more checking based on the feedback I got from here, I will keep the version here up to date as well.

I won't be adding anything new just now, my Visual Effect editing tool is almost ready for testing and this is my main focus at the moment, but I will get back to the Sound tool.

• 2 months later...

I haven't modded TS4 yet, but wouldn't it be possible to just create a .package file with custom sound files (like moaning etc) and then use those with this tool, thus adding custom sounds to TS4? Or would the tool not recognize them since they are .package sounds and not basegame sounds?

On 6/13/2020 at 2:11 AM, Doomdriven said:

I haven't modded TS4 yet, but wouldn't it be possible to just create a .package file with custom sound files (like moaning etc) and then use those with this tool, thus adding custom sounds to TS4? Or would the tool not recognize them since they are .package sounds and not basegame sounds?

You can do almost anything, read the tool description.

23 minutes ago, Doomdriven said:

Does that mean finally custom sounds for WW animations? o:

Yes, it does. But not everything is so simple. You can add any custom sound but not to mention that you must have a quite clear voice, you should have it in different variations and in different voice tones.... So from the one side it's simple due to this tool and from the other side it's still complicated if you want to get really cool alternative sounds.

On 6/12/2020 at 10:52 PM, wild_guy said:

Hi Denton! Any update for Eco living?

I am currently working on getting visual effect sounds into the tool but this has proven to be a little more challenging than I first anticipated so I will make a separate release for Eco Living.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have updated the tool to version 1.1.0 BETA which includes the following:

- Added support for Nifty Knitting.
- Added support for Headerless audio format (0x01EEF63A).
- Fixed some bitstream bugs.
- Added voice type Elder, not sure where this is actually used.
- Added Cats and Dogs "voices", I am not entirely sure I mapped the voice types correctly, any feedback welcome.
- Added Music Stations.
- Added Modal Music Events.
- Added Instruments.
- Added Audio Bumpers.
- Added Audio Stings.
- Added Audio SFX.
- Added Ambience.
- Added Windows Media Player for playing music as the recordings can be quite long.

More information available here:
https://modthesims.info/d/639090/ts4-sound-tool.html

Huge thanks Denton for wonderful tool!

Is it possible change Windows Media Player on audacity or other program?

Cats and Dogs "voices" are working good.

Foot steps effects are working only for animals, for humans I don't see play fields. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? :(

Is it better to leave wishes and praises here or on modthesims?

Maybe someone knows: Do the sounds vo_ and voe_ use some kind of filter to open the jawbone? Or is this data recorded in some file? Where to find information about such interaction. 

On 9/2/2020 at 11:08 PM, asketo said:

Huge thanks Denton for wonderful tool!

Is it possible change Windows Media Player on audacity or other program?

Cats and Dogs "voices" are working good.

Foot steps effects are working only for animals, for humans I don't see play fields. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? :(

Is it better to leave wishes and praises here or on modthesims?

Maybe someone knows: Do the sounds vo_ and voe_ use some kind of filter to open the jawbone? Or is this data recorded in some file? Where to find information about such interaction. 

I use WMP because it is included in Windows and is very easy to use, I will add using an external player to the request list.

I think foot steps are object modifiers, I have only implemented voice types and moods but there are a lot more, some examples from 0xE231B3D8:

<ShoeTypes>
    <Shoe Name="Default" Suffix="rub" />
    <Shoe Name="Leather Sole" Suffix="leath" />
    <Shoe Name="Rubber Sole" Suffix="rub" />
    <Shoe Name="Heel" Suffix="heel" />
    <Shoe Name="Boot Heel" Suffix="boot" />
    <Shoe Name="Slipper" Suffix="slip" />
    <Shoe Name="Sandal" Suffix="sand" />
    <Shoe Name="Flip Flop" Suffix="flip" />
    <Shoe Name="Bare" Suffix="bare" />

<TerrainTypes>
    <Terrain Name="Default" Suffix="cpet" />
    <Terrain Name="Carpet" Suffix="cpet" />
    <Terrain Name="Dirt" Suffix="dirt" />
    <Terrain Name="Gravel" Suffix="gravel" />
    <Terrain Name="Grass" Suffix="grass" />
    <Terrain Name="Linoleum" Suffix="lino" />
    <Terrain Name="Cement" Suffix="cment" />
    <Terrain Name="Brick" Suffix="cment" />
    <Terrain Name="Marble" Suffix="stone" />
    <Terrain Name="Metal" Suffix="metal" />
    <Terrain Name="Hardwood" Suffix="wood" />
    <Terrain Name="Wood Deck" Suffix="wdeck" />
    <Terrain Name="Sand" Suffix="sand" />

Voice plugins have their own resource 0xC582D2FB, but I know very little about them I'm afraid.

If you want to discuss how to make Sims meow in WW animations or how to create a Stripclub Music Station it should be done here, otherwise feel free to use MTS, I maintain the tool on both sites.

On 9/5/2020 at 6:54 PM, fouyaya said:

Hey, just here to say thank you denton, your tool is really invaluable. also, thanks for the regular updates, you're a saint.

(Do you think it might be possible to add a search function?) :D

If you use the Export List button you can save all the animation sound events to a text file for searching, but I will also add a search function to the request list.