[Sims 4] Sound Tool 1.1.23

On 9/8/2020 at 1:32 AM, asketo said:

Thanks for the direction in my search. Your utilities and examples for them make life easier.
Is it possible to see information about the duration of the sound without extracting the file when pressing the Info button or elsewhere?

The length in seconds should be number of samples divided by the sample rate, I will add it to the info window.

On 9/14/2020 at 10:59 AM, wild_guy said:

What's new in 1.1.0.3? There is no unfo anywhere and the thread is still named as 1.1.0.

Revision 1-3 are just bug fixes in response to the feedback I got on MTS, I am currently working on interleaved music tracks for revision 4.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@Denton47 could you write something when updating the tool, please? Otherwise the update can be missed due to no notification. I would definitely miss it unless saw on MTS.

Or if you want maybe it makes sense to create a file download instead of the common thread, users could follow it to never miss an update (the related support topic is created automatically once doing that).

Thanks a lot for your work! You're amazing!

Edit: I can't see Paranormal Stuff in the game pack list, is it normal?

On 1/27/2021 at 3:20 PM, wild_guy said:

@Denton47 could you write something when updating the tool, please? Otherwise the update can be missed due to no notification. I would definitely miss it unless saw on MTS.

Or if you want maybe it makes sense to create a file download instead of the common thread, users could follow it to never miss an update (the related support topic is created automatically once doing that).

Thanks a lot for your work! You're amazing!

Edit: I can't see Paranormal Stuff in the game pack list, is it normal?

I have added a change log, hopefully this will trigger a notification.

Paranormal Stuff should be the last on the list, but it won't show up unless you have the pack installed and the tool is able to load its resource files.

4 hours ago, Denton47 said:

I have added a change log, hopefully this will trigger a notification.

Paranormal Stuff should be the last on the list, but it won't show up unless you have the pack installed and the tool is able to load its resource files.

Yeah, I found the Paranormal stuff in the end of the list, don't know how I could miss it earlier, I apologize, thanks. 

And as for the change log, I don't think it works like you intended, there are no notifications sent if you edit a common post even if it's a topic. It works this way for the file downloads but not for ordinary posts. At least this time I have received a notification namely because you made a new post with the answer, not because you edited the first post.

Thanks again for all your work!

• 2 weeks later...

@Denton47 I faced a couple of issues while using the latest version.

1. Some sounds cause an error while trying to play, this one for example:

Spoiler

111.jpg

2. An error always occurs while trying to pay any sound after saving it as mp3:

Spoiler

222.jpg

Also I noticed that Happy emotion type became a default one instead of the High Intensity that seems to be more comfortable, did you do that by accident?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 8:11 AM, wild_guy said:

@Denton47 I faced a couple of issues while using the latest version.

1. Some sounds cause an error while trying to play, this one for example:

Reveal hidden contents

111.jpg

2. An error always occurs while trying to pay any sound after saving it as mp3:

Reveal hidden contents

222.jpg

Also I noticed that Happy emotion type became a default one instead of the High Intensity that seems to be more comfortable, did you do that by accident?

vo_expr_eat_normal_45f is a deleted resource, I don't know why it is still used in animation clips but I will need to add a check for deleted resources still being referenced.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Jman122 said:

How would you go about changing one of the guitar songs that you play? I figured out how to export one of them, specifically "Rock song 1" and I have my mp3 file all ready to go, but I just haven't found out a way to import it.

1. Start the tool, select Gamepack Base Game.
2. Click on Music tab, in Instrument select guitar_playsong_skill4_rock1_45sec.
3. Click Clone and use the same name to create an override.
4. Delete the sound sample (CD49337B5F8DC307), click Add to import your mp3 file.
5. Click Save.

This will replace the first Rock song you play on the Guitar with your recording.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 2:41 PM, Denton47 said:

1. Start the tool, select Gamepack Base Game.
2. Click on Music tab, in Instrument select guitar_playsong_skill4_rock1_45sec.
3. Click Clone and use the same name to create an override.
4. Delete the sound sample (CD49337B5F8DC307), click Add to import your mp3 file.
5. Click Save.

This will replace the first Rock song you play on the Guitar with your recording.

Okay, So I did all of that, and all it did was create a "guitar_playsong_skill4_rock1_45sec" .package file on my desktop. is there anything else to do?

On 4/3/2021 at 12:20 PM, Jman122 said:

Okay, So I did all of that, and all it did was create a "guitar_playsong_skill4_rock1_45sec" .package file on my desktop. is there anything else to do?

Well you need to put the package you created in your Mods folder obviously and in game click on the Guitar, select Play Song -> Rock -> "Down the Road" which in the track you replaced.

On 4/10/2021 at 2:22 AM, Denton47 said:

Well you need to put the package you created in your Mods folder obviously and in game click on the Guitar, select Play Song -> Rock -> "Down the Road" which in the track you replaced.

I tried that, and when I play Down the Road, it still plays the normal song, not the MP3...

On 4/11/2021 at 9:30 AM, Jman122 said:

I tried that, and when I play Down the Road, it still plays the normal song, not the MP3...

I just tried replacing the Guitar track and it played fine in game, however I noticed there are two versions of "Down the Road", one for skill 4-5 and one for 6-10 so you should replace them both to make sure they play.

guitar_playsong_skill4_rock1_45sec
guitar_playsong_skill6to10_rock1_42sec

On 4/14/2021 at 2:18 PM, Denton47 said:

I just tried replacing the Guitar track and it played fine in game, however I noticed there are two versions of "Down the Road", one for skill 4-5 and one for 6-10 so you should replace them both to make sure they play.

guitar_playsong_skill4_rock1_45sec
guitar_playsong_skill6to10_rock1_42sec

Thank you! This was the problem...

BTW, is it possible to increase the duration of the song? it basically only plays for for 42secs like it says...

On 4/18/2021 at 10:42 AM, Jman122 said:

Thank you! This was the problem...

BTW, is it possible to increase the duration of the song? it basically only plays for for 42secs like it says...

If you look in recipe tuning you will find the following XML tuning resources:

musicTrack_Guitar_Rock_01_Low
musicTrack_Guitar_Rock_01_High

this is where you set the length of the tracks.

If you want to add new guitar tracks you can find more information in the link below, I made a small tutorial and an example package.

https://modthesims.info/d/639090/ts4-sound-tool.html

17 hours ago, Denton47 said:

If you look in recipe tuning you will find the following XML tuning resources:

musicTrack_Guitar_Rock_01_Low
musicTrack_Guitar_Rock_01_High

this is where you set the length of the tracks.

If you want to add new guitar tracks you can find more information in the link below, I made a small tutorial and an example package.

https://modthesims.info/d/639090/ts4-sound-tool.html

I'm sorry, but where is "recipe tuning" located?

Edit: Okay, so I figured it out, I had to download Sims4Studio. So now I opened up the modded package with the studio, and extracted the tuning for Rock_01_high, as my sim is level 10 with the guitar. Then, exported the xml document to edit, and entered in how long my mp3 was {225 secs, as my mp3 is 3 mins and 45 seconds), finally, I added the "recipe tuning" and imported the extracted xml document to it, and saved my package...

but when I go in-game, my sim still doesn't play the song for the full mp3 duration. I decided to back out, and edit the xml again, and this time edit the name, and switch "down the road" out with my mp3 song name, just to see if something is changing. Again though, when I go in-game to check, nothing has changed..

Do I have to do something else? The mod is loading up in the custom content menu, but my changes with the sims4studio aren't sticking...

On 4/21/2021 at 11:17 AM, Jman122 said:

I'm sorry, but where is "recipe tuning" located?

Edit: Okay, so I figured it out, I had to download Sims4Studio. So now I opened up the modded package with the studio, and extracted the tuning for Rock_01_high, as my sim is level 10 with the guitar. Then, exported the xml document to edit, and entered in how long my mp3 was {225 secs, as my mp3 is 3 mins and 45 seconds), finally, I added the "recipe tuning" and imported the extracted xml document to it, and saved my package...

but when I go in-game, my sim still doesn't play the song for the full mp3 duration. I decided to back out, and edit the xml again, and this time edit the name, and switch "down the road" out with my mp3 song name, just to see if something is changing. Again though, when I go in-game to check, nothing has changed..

Do I have to do something else? The mod is loading up in the custom content menu, but my changes with the sims4studio aren't sticking...

I replaced the track "For My One and Only" which is only 36s long with the TS3 track I have which is 47s, edited the recipe tuning and the track play for 47s in game.

I have attached the package, hopefully you can use it as a reference to get your mod working.

guitar_playsong_skill6to10_rock3_36sec.zip

On 4/24/2021 at 2:53 AM, Denton47 said:

I replaced the track "For My One and Only" which is only 36s long with the TS3 track I have which is 47s, edited the recipe tuning and the track play for 47s in game.

I have attached the package, hopefully you can use it as a reference to get your mod working.

guitar_playsong_skill6to10_rock3_36sec.zip 272.32 kB · 5 downloads

Thanks! I took a look over each one in sims4studio, and they both look identical, except for the the instance column. mine has "0000000000000000" while your example replacement has "0000000000006F8E" could this be the problem perhaps? Also, I wonder, could their be a limit to the duration of the song? My mp3 file that I want to use is 3 minutes and 45 seconds long, and as I've said before, I edited the original rock song in recipe tuning, and put it in seconds, which was roughly around 225secs, but still no luck. So I'm out of ideas, both our files are pretty much the same, but mine still doesn't work. the mp3 cuts off at the original duration limit of the guitar song, not the one I set it to...

I just want my sim to shred some Metallica with the ghoulish guitar lol.

On 5/4/2021 at 1:01 PM, Jman122 said:

Thanks! I took a look over each one in sims4studio, and they both look identical, except for the the instance column. mine has "0000000000000000" while your example replacement has "0000000000006F8E" could this be the problem perhaps? Also, I wonder, could their be a limit to the duration of the song? My mp3 file that I want to use is 3 minutes and 45 seconds long, and as I've said before, I edited the original rock song in recipe tuning, and put it in seconds, which was roughly around 225secs, but still no luck. So I'm out of ideas, both our files are pretty much the same, but mine still doesn't work. the mp3 cuts off at the original duration limit of the guitar song, not the one I set it to...

I just want my sim to shred some Metallica with the ghoulish guitar lol.

The resource Type/Group/ID must be the same as the original, otherwise you are not overriding it.

I checked MusicTrack.tdesc, length has no limit:

<Tunable type="float" name="length" class="TunableRealSecond" default="30" display="Length" muid="B9C9AFE871715DD8" min="0" max="None" description="The length of the clip in real seconds.  This should be a part of the propx's file name." Deprecated="False" filter="0" group="General" />